Latest PSU headlines:

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4454 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1463

PSN ID
    tblennon84
    This site convinced me to join and try to get into Dust 514. I really enjoy fps games and have been curious about Dust, but must say that right now I am a total clueless noob who is still installing the game...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrarlie Rangel View Post
    This site convinced me to join and try to get into Dust 514. I really enjoy fps games and have been curious about Dust, but must say that right now I am a total clueless noob who is still installing the game...
    Welcome to the corp! I am writing up a bit of a starters guide now. Ask any questions here for the time being. Next time I see you in game, we'll have a chat about the game and give you some direction.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Hey Welcome! See you online
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i went my whole session today losing continuously

im down 5 million isk, stats aren't too pretty to look at, bleeding aur....not a good day today.

i wonder if the matchmaking is still $#@!ed up or if 6 man squads are pushing it for instant battles? before i could more or less stay close to my 3:1 K/D ratio. but now im getting demolished by everything and barely managing 1:1...

however, i ended on a high running and gunning with my Scout suit so i can't complain, still lost but whatever. after a day of getting raped any solace is good solace

that being said, BETA should stay in the title.

CCP don't seem too concerned by the issues people are having.

the modded controllers are bull$#@!, the random invisible walls do my head in, grenade throwing is glitchy, getting stuck on objects is a pain....how long has uprising been out?
    i know CCP are looking into a hotfix for modded controllers but what about all the other stuff?

not the best start to a game that wants to make it 10 years.

the lyrics create a halfway accurate description of Dust atm
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Hello DUST mercs!

Some of you already know me as Kyle Prahl, U.S. Managing Editor on the PSU content team. After tinkering around in the beta periods, I've decided to give the full version of DUST 514 one more college try.

I'm currently just derping around in the Merc Quarters, trying to figure out how everything works. Looking forward to getting to know people in our corporation and joining the festivities!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Hello DUST mercs!

Some of you already know me as Kyle Prahl, U.S. Managing Editor on the PSU content team. After tinkering around in the beta periods, I've decided to give the full version of DUST 514 one more college try.

I'm currently just derping around in the Merc Quarters, trying to figure out how everything works. Looking forward to getting to know people in our corporation and joining the festivities!
    Welcome to the corp Kyle! You should join us tomorrow for a beginner event/having a few games at 8pm BST. Deets are here.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i think i'll take a one week sabbatical from dust, my patience is at an all time low with the game

im not having fun atm.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i think i'll take a one week sabbatical from dust, my patience is at an all time low with the game

im not having fun atm.
    Whats the problem?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Whats the problem?
    i've been struggling with controls ever since uprising went live.

Ye Be Gods can attest to my woeful performance as i had a match against him and even though we won i was down 6/13 or something...

that's an unacceptable stat for someone who stands on the frontline.

on top of it being a chore to aim and kill someone, the problem is compounded if we do PC more often. me wasting clones at the front is not something i particularly fancy.

CCP seems slow in responding, i've seen the cries on the dust forums and as best as i recall, they only have a fix for the slippery aiming. yet modded controllers, the random invisible walls, getting stuck on stuff still seems a long way off.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    These are all valid issues. Well, there is an update coming in June. Hopfully they are dploying many fixes thn.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, i need to take some time to evaluate how i play the game. right now im just a burden and im not having fun. so not going very well.

the various bugs obviously effect the way i play the game, but there are things i know i can do to mitigate that issue. i just don't have the patience right now to see those changes through.

but whilst i was browsing the dust forums i came across a little tidbit of info for logistics. when someone dies, the server registers that client side. so the point of death is sent to peoples PS3's. however, ragdoll is handled locally on individual PS3's. so the position of a mercs body is likely to be different to the position the server is reporting.

for example. if i get shot at the top of the hill, tranquility will report this location to all players [the top of the hill], however, all PS3's connected will ragdollise the merc rolling down the hill. if you run up to the body which rolled to the bottom it wont work. you need to go to the top of the hill where tranquility saw me die and revive me from there

hope this helps our logistics in finding our downed team members
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

I haven't been been having to much trouble myself thankfully. Except for the usual getting stuck on random objects. You get good games you get bad games. It's all part of the Dust life.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

13. Likes Ghost likes this post
    I know some of you have teamed up with me. Dust name is Johansenn.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

El Presidente
    Sent in an app. Hopefully things are better than in the beta. I remember it being very clunky.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

PSN ID
    JC_blk_21
    Hey. Just call me JC, and I would like to join. I'm not a complete noob, but still pretty noobish. I would love to join.

PSN ID
    DEADMUDD
    Send in your app and start your road to glory.

Hi, I have been playing Dust for like a month now and I'm really starting to enjoy it. (Dust is also not my first FPS, just saying.) I've just joined the forums and will be sending in my app in the next couple days. Oh, and I go by ninjamonster.

PSN ID
    Jet_Cobra
    I'll send my app in this afternoon when I get home, seems like a good beneficial idea to be with a corporation in this game, apparantly it opens up more things to do so hope to be welcomed in.

PSN ID
    CanissaUK
    Hello, I'm in now!

Forum Sage
    Downloading it now to see if I enjoy it, hopefully I can get involved with some others!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Yeah that was a bad battle. I was fed up with it all so I was sniping and shot you just to see if there would be any bs. I had no intention to kill you toolshed, lol. But there were actually 2 other times you froze and I could have easily headshotted you but didn't. I'm doing the same right now too as far as taking a few days off.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hello you new guys! Please feel free to ask any questions in game or in the questions thread that is stickied in this section. I'm personally at your service to make settling into this game as easy as can be until you see its beauty and glory.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaidedhipo5 View Post
    Yeah that was a bad battle. I was fed up with it all so I was sniping and shot you just to see if there would be any bs. I had no intention to kill you toolshed, lol. But there were actually 2 other times you froze and I could have easily headshotted you but didn't. I'm doing the same right now too as far as taking a few days off.
    it's all good man, it was actually the highlight of the match
    i got a laugh out of it

when you got me that first time i was literally just thinking about what you were doing
    question asked, question answered
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    thanks to the reskilling done by CCP im having a better time of Dust now. the bugs still get to me *cough* UE3 *cough* but im managing steady.

got my scrambler up to proto level and that $#@! is AWESOME!!!! with the amarr suit this thing is just lol

during my sabbatical i thought about my fittings and did away with them all and refitted from scratch!

so what i run now is two variants centered around the two scrambler variants.

at proto level

Marksmen Suit:
    complex armour repairers x3
    Complex damage modifiers x3
    Single shot scramble rifle (proto)
    nono hives
    locust grenades

CQC Suit:
    complex armour plates x1 (this thing is OP imo)
    enhanced armour repairers x2
    full automatic scrambler rifle (proto)
    nano hives
    locust grenades
    BPO submachinegun

the regular suits for pub matches are obviously lesser versions of the proto suits which make do with advanced gear and less high/low modules.

also, i find it a bit weird that the scrambler rifle comes with heat build up when its threshold is seldom reached
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I used the refunded SP to become a fully proto logi. Got my injectors, hives and uplinks to augment my repair. I'm glad you're getting back into the swing of things.

Thread Information