Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I agree, I love the variety in the fresh maps. I am really finding my groove with the logistics class and mass driver. I'm getting better all the time with it...

I've pimped the official pages a bit. Check em out (the two above my sig)

2. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Also, I'm going to start playing EVE Online. What does this mean? Well it means that I can have my ship orbiting above our battles, and can issue orbital strikes. I'll have it on my laptop as I play on the console Muahaha but baby steps...

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i saw the Media hub whilst it was being renovated earlier. i didn't notice you were pimping this one out too! exciting stuff!
    i will sub to the media hub now.

we get our own user bars too!? ghostie, you're too kind
    i'll have to finish up my sig so that they can accompany each other
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

5. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Thanks! There is going to be one more, a stickied guide and advice thread. Also, corp members will get access to a subforum (gotta talk to Mr Cuguy about this again) in the DUST 514 sub forum (or at least a thread) that employs the highest grade stealth technology (aka non mercs can't see it muahaha!). That will be used for strategy talk and general banter.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I played today after a week break. Donated 300k to the corp. Sorry, I'm saving for my skills and weapons since I no where near to what I was back in beta

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I played today after a week break. Donated 300k to the corp. Sorry, I'm saving for my skills and weapons since I no where near to what I was back in beta
    Don't worry about donating for now pal, just buy what ya need and have fun.

I'm going to be squading up more, I'm still kinda playing around with my solo wolf remote explosive tactics but will be the healer any time.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I've only been able to play a little bit so far this week (still addicted to halo 4 right now). It's definitely difficult at first, especially for a sniper. I bought a passive booster and am kind of just letting my guy accumulate sp right now.

As far as the game itself, it definitely feels like a game still early in development (still kind of feels like an alpha to me). It has a lot of potential though, and they've actually got a pretty good foundation for a shooter. The gameplay just isn't quite there yet, and feels still fairly unrefined. Again, I know this is a long term project though, and it is still technically in beta, so I'm definitely going to try to stick with it and even if i don't play it as often as other games I'll at least be following and checking up on it for sure.

For now, I'm looking forward to the open beta and training some more skills to make my rifle better.

10. Likes Ghost likes this post

PSN ID
    zombfreak666
    ghost as a friendly warning be cautious about who you accept into your corp. spies are everywhere in new eden.

12. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    that's why i try to get applicants to sign up here first. it goes a long way to keeping our clan secure

i also prioritise members here first.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, it will be necessary for people who want to be in the corporation to be part of the forum community. As far as spies though, I'm not ALL THAT concerned at the moment. I trust my Directors and that's enough for now. Also, nice sig Mr Fijian!

Felix, that's understandable, and yeah the game is still in beta. I asked if there is going to be an actual official release and was told there would be so i imagine the official launch build will be a fair bit advanced than it is now. Whenever you're ready, you're welcome.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-21-2013 at 08:08.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    So I started me EVE Online trial account last night. I think I will invest in a desktop PC or perhaps a more capable laptop...probably a desktop. The recommended specs for EVE are:

• CPU: Intel Pentium® or AMD dual core @ 2 Ghz or greater which supports SSE2
    • RAM: 2 GB
    • HD space: 20Gb Free Space
    • Network: ADSL connection or faster
    • Video: ATi Radeon 5750 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    • Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
    • DVD-ROM : 2 speed DVD reader or greater required.

So it's a piece of piss. I want my DUST Logibro to have his own ship at his disposal so I can call down orbital strikes on our battles. Talking to CCP, I found out that researching the necessary skills etc takes about 12 hours in EVE so I'll get that on track tonight. It's pretty exciting for me...I feel like I'm being swallowed by the EVE universe haha. I'm not even excited for much else in gaming bar a few big titles.

This is the Gallente Destroyer, most likely it will be my starting ship for bombardments.

Last edited by Ghost; 01-21-2013 at 10:01.

16. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Really excited to try out the open beta tomorrow. If I like it, then I'll be sure to aid you in your quest for universal domination.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sounds good! If you have any questions, ask away! I have a guide to the skill training aspect too, it will give you insight as to which skills to train first. Actually, it's in the content section if you want to see it. I'm going to try and get my EVE training set up to get me a Destroyer ship.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    My EVE Online alter ego, THE DARK HORSE, has been added to the corporation and is a Director. I'm working towards getting my Destroyer ship. Best idea ever to get into EVE.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Been going on some other forums regarding this game, and it seems the elite PC gamers are putting this game down and building up Planetside 2 instead. Hopefully the PlayStation community supports this game though.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    In time the gap between DUST and PS2 will unbridgeable for PS2. People don't see what's coming with DUST 514, that's all. I have seen now that CCP is one of the most intelligent and creative developers in the industry...No other IP has a chance of nearing the epicness that the EVE Universe is headed for.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Been going on some other forums regarding this game, and it seems the elite PC gamers are putting this game down and building up Planetside 2 instead. Hopefully the PlayStation community supports this game though.
    As a guy who has played PS2 here and there, there's been so much discussion in game about PS2 vs Dust. From my experience a lot of it has been positive, but some people definitely don't think much of Dust.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    As a guy who has played PS2 here and there, there's been so much discussion in game about PS2 vs Dust. From my experience a lot of it has been positive, but some people definitely don't think much of Dust.
    I guess it just depends what you're after. Some people want an accessible experience and others want a more indepth one. The latter is often the less popular.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I guess it just depends what you're after. Some people want an accessible experience and others want a more indepth one. The latter is often the less popular.
    PC gamers also tend to be graphic $#@!s and ps2 is the best looking MMO to date. Its basically an early next gen game

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I just searched 'EVE' in the Apple Store and saw there's six different apps that let you manage your character, skills, currency, etc. Pretty cool stuff.

I hope DUST's Vita app also becomes available on the iPhone. That would be a lot more useful for me, since even if I bought a Vita, it would not always be with me like my phone is.

Apprentice

Im so choked, that extended down time cost me two days of sp.Because of some glitch i wasnt gaining any passive sp worst still i had to sit and watch vageyelenol play cause it wasnt down for him. Oh well eventualy this game wont be so glitchy.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    What's the deal with weapons being 'consumed'? Do you have to buy a certain number of the same weapon and go to a newer one after it wears out?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What's the deal with weapons being 'consumed'? Do you have to buy a certain number of the same weapon and go to a newer one after it wears out?
    With every death you lose any bought items. Basically if you aren't using default gear you have to keep you stock of weapons well supplied. I buy like 50 of each item and that lasts me awhile (3 -4 matches ). It was strange for me at first also but it makes sense considering how one match can basically give you all the money for those 50 items

Welcome to Dust

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    With every death you lose any bought items. Basically if you aren't using default gear you have to keep you stock of weapons well supplied. I buy like 50 of each item and that lasts me awhile (3 -4 matches ). It was strange for me at first also but it makes sense considering how one match can basically give you all the money for those 50 items

Welcome to Dust
    Strange, but makes sense.

It's interesting how CCP is trying to give an explanation for the respawning by making you a clone and taking away your gear after each death.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The whole buying gear thing comes down to the fact that DUST is part of the EVE universe and in EVE everything that can be bought was made by someone else and DUST needs to be part of that economy. Eventually everything in DUST (armor, weapons, vehicles) will have been made by EVE players too...This is one of the reasons (amongst many others) why I think that DUST/EVE create the most in depth war simulator that won't be surpassed any time soon. What DUST is destined to become is going to mind $#@! a lot of people lol.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-21-2013 at 22:47.

Thread Information