Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Strange, but makes sense.

It's interesting how CCP is trying to give an explanation for the respawning by making you a clone and taking away your gear after each death.
    That's why to minimize my loses I only equip ONE custom piece of equipment. Have to choose whether its a nanite injecter (revive tool) or a gun or shield enhancers etc

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i vary my loadout

i have a high defence merc, a high offence merc, an all rounder, and a SUPER EXPENSIVE one i deploy strategically (most of the time )
    9 times out of 10 i will start the match with the scout as it gets me to objectives faster. then i find the nearest supply depot and switch classes.

top tip, if you've been injured and have low health or any health damage for that matter, switch your class at a supply depot and it'll be restored without losing it, and all its stuff

also, just had a few games with DuBoi187 and bill the noon. two of our top mercs! these guys are awesome!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    well I just had two crappy matches. 2 enemy Snipers were hidden so well at the top of a mountain(don't think its even possible to get there) near our spawn and slaughtering the entire team. Had to counter snipe but by that time it was too late.I had 2 kilss and 285 war points and I was at the top of my team shows how badly we were screwed
    Had one game on 'new' map. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Im so choked, that extended down time cost me two days of sp.Because of some glitch i wasnt gaining any passive sp worst still i had to sit and watch vageyelenol play cause it wasnt down for him. Oh well eventualy this game wont be so glitchy.
    I'm in the same boat, the two days PSN downtime, plus no passive SP. Still stuck with one load out because of that.

Thanks to Ghost's guide, my K/D is finally one lol. I find increasing the
    detection range & reducing your own scan "presence" to be super helpful.

5. Likes Ghost likes this post

Just logged in, and got CCP's belated christmas gift, the 100k sp!

7. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Just logged in, and got CCP's belated christmas gift, the 100k sp!
    Spend it wisely! :P

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Thought I'd give an updated impression since i've had a little more time with it now.

Overall, much more positive. I trained more sniper skills, which helped, but then I decided to move to assault rifles for a little bit. I trained a couple skills, got used to the basic assault rifle and was actually starting to play well and not have a negative k/d. Turning the controller sensitivity down helped a lot.

Then i discovered what i think is now my main weapon, which is a single shot assault rifle. It's extremely powerful and accurate at mid range. I love it so much more than anything else I've used so far. I'm actually able to go positive now in kills. I've also realized that I like ambush a lot more than skirmish. I think this means I'll be playing more than I thought I was going to. I still think it needs a lot of work, but I'm starting to find my groove and am looking forward to getting more time with it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    Thought I'd give an updated impression since i've had a little more time with it now.

Overall, much more positive. I trained more sniper skills, which helped, but then I decided to move to assault rifles for a little bit. I trained a couple skills, got used to the basic assault rifle and was actually starting to play well and not have a negative k/d. Turning the controller sensitivity down helped a lot.

Then i discovered what i think is now my main weapon, which is a single shot assault rifle. It's extremely powerful and accurate at mid range. I love it so much more than anything else I've used so far. I'm actually able to go positive now in kills. I've also realized that I like ambush a lot more than skirmish. I think this means I'll be playing more than I thought I was going to. I still think it needs a lot of work, but I'm starting to find my groove and am looking forward to getting more time with it.
    Great! Yeah the game changed for me when I found my weapon of choice, the mass driver (aka grenade launcher). I am logistics though so I' not too worried about kills but healing, rezzing, replenishing and rallying. It is still at the early days of life...it will only get better, bigger and badder...but if you start now, you will be more skilled than those who wise up further down the line

I am also an EVE pilot now, and so PSU will have its own in house bombardments! I love both games a lot.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    im confused, i've called many orbital strikes over the beta...

was that just open for testing purposes or was i calling a ship? or is it now that requests go to a ship in orbit elsewise nothing happens?

or does calling an actual ship mean bigger payload?

im confused
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post

was that just open for testing purposes or was i calling a ship? or is it now that requests go to a ship in orbit elsewise nothing happens?

im confused
    I think the 514 in Dust's title is the number of hours players are supposed to be confused by this game

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Just played the open beta for an hour or so.

It's definitely a decently fun game as of now, and there's tons of potential. However, it obviously feels like an unfinished game. The graphics and control/gun physics need to be improved.

The marketplace/leveling aspect of the game is also a bit daunting and confusing. It would be good if CCP can streamline the menus a bit. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it regardless though.

Also, what is the point of walking around the merc quarters when you can just press start and access the Neocom? They have this cool hub for your character, which is a unique idea, but then they render it pointless with the Neocom.

Finally, we should be able to switch the over-the-shoulder view to something a bit further behind the character.

All in all though, I applied to the PSU corp. My handle is Maynard Goldblum. I will aid you when I can.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I'll accept your application Ixion.

Also, HOLY $#@! I juts went 14/5 on the one of the new skirmish maps. Never done so well before

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I'll accept your application Ixion.

Also, HOLY $#@! I juts went 14/5 on the one of the new skirmish maps. Never done so well before
    I went 7/1 in my second match by using the sniper. Since the maps are so wide-open, it makes the game almost too easy for sniping.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I went 7/1 in my second match by using the sniper. Since the maps are so wide-open, it makes the game almost too easy for sniping.
    Get da hell outta here, the first thing I complained about the game was sniping was too hard

Accepted 2 applications and donated a total of 500k to corp
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-23-2013 at 04:00.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    BTW, what's the deal with seeing the icons above everyone's heads? I'm guessing you can obtain a skill that removes the icon above you, so your enemies can't spot you as easily?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I think the 514 in Dust's title is the number of hours players are supposed to be confused by this game
    so true!

im only just now using the 'chat' section

word of advise for snipers though, always change positions

i make it a point to hunt down a sniper who bugs me
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    BTW, what's the deal with seeing the icons above everyone's heads? I'm guessing you can obtain a skill that removes the icon above you, so your enemies can't spot you as easily?
    the arrow or the text?

the text is there for you to read. it tells you how effective your weapon is at the current range, armor type etc.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    That's what 'scanning' is. The larger your scan radius (improved through skill leveling) the further you can detect enemies. The enemies can see you the same way but you can reduce your 'scan profile' through skills (some suits have lower scan profile) so you don't show up on their radar and screens. There is an entire class of scanner equipment that you can use to reveal enemies if you play as a support class.

Ghost made an extremely helpful guide that shows which skills do that. Right now I'm very poor when it comes to SP so I can't lvl those skills at the moment

21. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah, i'll PM ghost's database to you Ixion.

i went through it on the beach, its quite a good read it has to be said
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    It seems NeoGAF isn't very fond of this game:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=dust

Most of them feel the gun controls are clunky. I personally don't think they're bad, but with games like COD and Battlefield having buttery smooth controls, DUST isn't up to par......yet.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

im confused
    You were calling ships previously, but they weren't on the same server. I read something about this but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll post it if I come across it. As it stands now there 3 different ammo types for the OBs, but they are all the tactical variety. Oh yeah, speaking of which, read my article on Orbital Bombardments!

Just played the open beta for an hour or so.

It's definitely a decently fun game as of now, and there's tons of potential. However, it obviously feels like an unfinished game. The graphics and control/gun physics need to be improved.

The marketplace/leveling aspect of the game is also a bit daunting and confusing. It would be good if CCP can streamline the menus a bit. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it regardless though.

Also, what is the point of walking around the merc quarters when you can just press start and access the Neocom? They have this cool hub for your character, which is a unique idea, but then they render it pointless with the Neocom.

Finally, we should be able to switch the over-the-shoulder view to something a bit further behind the character.

All in all though, I applied to the PSU corp. My handle is Maynard Goldblum. I will aid you when I can.
    First of all check out the guide that Fijian sent you (PM me if you haven't got it yet). It will help you get a grip on what skills you should train first. The guide runs on the idea of focussing on the skills that will give you generally useful passive boosts to your stats (more shield, more armor, less profile scan, more stamina, general gun class buffs etc). It'll allow you to focus on different play styles and just play the game without feeling like you've wasted skill points in things you don't end up using. (nothings really wasted though.). Check the guide first and get comfortable with that side of things, it's a good start.

yeah, i'll PM ghost's database to you Ixion.

i went through it on the beach, its quite a good read it has to be said
    Cheers mon ami .

It seems NeoGAF isn't very fond of this game:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=dust

Most of them feel the gun controls are clunky. I personally don't think they're bad, but with games like COD and Battlefield having buttery smooth controls, DUST isn't up to par......yet.

People fail to understand that DUST 514 is in an actual REAL beta, not a "beta demo" like most games lol. It's a game for people who can shift their eyes to the future and not stay focussed on there here and now because that's where the real magic lies. Of course the controls are off, of course the graphics are still off, but these are ALL things that will only keep improving. The game has only just gone into open beta...

"Like Eve we want this game to run forever, so it'll be on PlayStation 7," Touborg adds, noting that it will be a priority to communicate to PS3 players that Dust, which enters open beta today, is going to be a different experience weeks, months and years down the line.
    "I think it's going to be especially important because I think the players we're trying to reach aren't used to it. When it comes to console shooters, I see it very much as a migrating population, which moves from new title to new title. What we need to do is basically change their mindset, to make them understand that Dust is a game that will get better and better, and that is going to be a big challenge.

CVG

The game is going to be huge and when more content is added, the graphics are up to speed and the controls are improved, those who only have "now vision" aren't going to be as developed and experienced as those who had "future vision" and accepted the game's shortcomings knowing that they'll be improved upon.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Vag Eye Lenol, I see ya! Welcome to PSU and the corp bud.

PSN ID
    Kagekatsu2
    Hey guys, Faia Casin here, aka the FNG. Looking forward to fighting alongside you all.
    Last edited by Kagekatsu2; 01-23-2013 at 05:21.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Rocking . yeah I'm totally in

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    People fail to understand that DUST 514 is in an actual REAL beta, not a "beta demo" like most games lol. It's a game for people who can shift their eyes to the future and not stay focussed on there here and now because that's where the real magic lies. Of course the controls are off, of course the graphics are still off, but these are ALL things that will only keep improving. The game has only just gone into open beta...
    Yup, a lot of people really don't understand what a true beta entails. I remember when I was in the Killzone 1 beta, that was a real $#@!ing beta. Could barely even play it (not that it released that much more playable). Real betas aren't polished off games ready to release showcasing what online will be like, but I digress.

I need to try this out.

29. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information