Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1463
  1. #176
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Strange, but makes sense.

    It's interesting how CCP is trying to give an explanation for the respawning by making you a clone and taking away your gear after each death.
    That's why to minimize my loses I only equip ONE custom piece of equipment. Have to choose whether its a nanite injecter (revive tool) or a gun or shield enhancers etc

  2. #177
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    i vary my loadout

    i have a high defence merc, a high offence merc, an all rounder, and a SUPER EXPENSIVE one i deploy strategically (most of the time )
    9 times out of 10 i will start the match with the scout as it gets me to objectives faster. then i find the nearest supply depot and switch classes.

    top tip, if you've been injured and have low health or any health damage for that matter, switch your class at a supply depot and it'll be restored without losing it, and all its stuff

    also, just had a few games with DuBoi187 and bill the noon. two of our top mercs! these guys are awesome!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  3. #178
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    well I just had two crappy matches. 2 enemy Snipers were hidden so well at the top of a mountain(don't think its even possible to get there) near our spawn and slaughtering the entire team. Had to counter snipe but by that time it was too late.I had 2 kilss and 285 war points and I was at the top of my team shows how badly we were screwed
    Had one game on 'new' map. I like it.

  4. #179
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    618 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Im so choked, that extended down time cost me two days of sp.Because of some glitch i wasnt gaining any passive sp worst still i had to sit and watch vageyelenol play cause it wasnt down for him. Oh well eventualy this game wont be so glitchy.
    I'm in the same boat, the two days PSN downtime, plus no passive SP. Still stuck with one load out because of that.

    Thanks to Ghost's guide, my K/D is finally one lol. I find increasing the
    detection range & reducing your own scan "presence" to be super helpful.

  5. Likes Ghost likes this post
  6. #180
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    618 (0 Banked)
    Just logged in, and got CCP's belated christmas gift, the 100k sp!

  7. Likes Ghost likes this post
  8. #181
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,836
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,751 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Just logged in, and got CCP's belated christmas gift, the 100k sp!
    Spend it wisely! :P

  9. #182
    Apprentice
    Felix336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Age
    25
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    4,366 (0 Banked)
    Thought I'd give an updated impression since i've had a little more time with it now.

    Overall, much more positive. I trained more sniper skills, which helped, but then I decided to move to assault rifles for a little bit. I trained a couple skills, got used to the basic assault rifle and was actually starting to play well and not have a negative k/d. Turning the controller sensitivity down helped a lot.

    Then i discovered what i think is now my main weapon, which is a single shot assault rifle. It's extremely powerful and accurate at mid range. I love it so much more than anything else I've used so far. I'm actually able to go positive now in kills. I've also realized that I like ambush a lot more than skirmish. I think this means I'll be playing more than I thought I was going to. I still think it needs a lot of work, but I'm starting to find my groove and am looking forward to getting more time with it.

  10. #183
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,836
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,751 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    Thought I'd give an updated impression since i've had a little more time with it now.

    Overall, much more positive. I trained more sniper skills, which helped, but then I decided to move to assault rifles for a little bit. I trained a couple skills, got used to the basic assault rifle and was actually starting to play well and not have a negative k/d. Turning the controller sensitivity down helped a lot.

    Then i discovered what i think is now my main weapon, which is a single shot assault rifle. It's extremely powerful and accurate at mid range. I love it so much more than anything else I've used so far. I'm actually able to go positive now in kills. I've also realized that I like ambush a lot more than skirmish. I think this means I'll be playing more than I thought I was going to. I still think it needs a lot of work, but I'm starting to find my groove and am looking forward to getting more time with it.
    Great! Yeah the game changed for me when I found my weapon of choice, the mass driver (aka grenade launcher). I am logistics though so I' not too worried about kills but healing, rezzing, replenishing and rallying. It is still at the early days of life...it will only get better, bigger and badder...but if you start now, you will be more skilled than those who wise up further down the line

    I am also an EVE pilot now, and so PSU will have its own in house bombardments! I love both games a lot.

  11. #184
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    im confused, i've called many orbital strikes over the beta...

    was that just open for testing purposes or was i calling a ship? or is it now that requests go to a ship in orbit elsewise nothing happens?

    or does calling an actual ship mean bigger payload?

    im confused
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  12. #185
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    im confused, i've called many orbital strikes over the beta...

    was that just open for testing purposes or was i calling a ship? or is it now that requests go to a ship in orbit elsewise nothing happens?

    or does calling an actual ship mean bigger payload?

    im confused
    I think the 514 in Dust's title is the number of hours players are supposed to be confused by this game

  13. #186
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,952
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,675 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just played the open beta for an hour or so.

    It's definitely a decently fun game as of now, and there's tons of potential. However, it obviously feels like an unfinished game. The graphics and control/gun physics need to be improved.

    The marketplace/leveling aspect of the game is also a bit daunting and confusing. It would be good if CCP can streamline the menus a bit. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it regardless though.

    Also, what is the point of walking around the merc quarters when you can just press start and access the Neocom? They have this cool hub for your character, which is a unique idea, but then they render it pointless with the Neocom.

    Finally, we should be able to switch the over-the-shoulder view to something a bit further behind the character.

    All in all though, I applied to the PSU corp. My handle is Maynard Goldblum. I will aid you when I can.

  14. #187
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'll accept your application Ixion.

    Also, HOLY $#@! I juts went 14/5 on the one of the new skirmish maps. Never done so well before

  15. #188
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,952
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,675 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I'll accept your application Ixion.

    Also, HOLY $#@! I juts went 14/5 on the one of the new skirmish maps. Never done so well before
    I went 7/1 in my second match by using the sniper. Since the maps are so wide-open, it makes the game almost too easy for sniping.

  16. #189
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I went 7/1 in my second match by using the sniper. Since the maps are so wide-open, it makes the game almost too easy for sniping.
    Get da hell outta here, the first thing I complained about the game was sniping was too hard

    Accepted 2 applications and donated a total of 500k to corp
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-23-2013 at 04:00.

  17. #190
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,952
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,675 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    BTW, what's the deal with seeing the icons above everyone's heads? I'm guessing you can obtain a skill that removes the icon above you, so your enemies can't spot you as easily?

  18. #191
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I think the 514 in Dust's title is the number of hours players are supposed to be confused by this game
    so true!

    im only just now using the 'chat' section

    word of advise for snipers though, always change positions

    i make it a point to hunt down a sniper who bugs me
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  19. #192
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    BTW, what's the deal with seeing the icons above everyone's heads? I'm guessing you can obtain a skill that removes the icon above you, so your enemies can't spot you as easily?
    the arrow or the text?

    the text is there for you to read. it tells you how effective your weapon is at the current range, armor type etc.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  20. #193
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,609 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    BTW, what's the deal with seeing the icons above everyone's heads? I'm guessing you can obtain a skill that removes the icon above you, so your enemies can't spot you as easily?
    That's what 'scanning' is. The larger your scan radius (improved through skill leveling) the further you can detect enemies. The enemies can see you the same way but you can reduce your 'scan profile' through skills (some suits have lower scan profile) so you don't show up on their radar and screens. There is an entire class of scanner equipment that you can use to reveal enemies if you play as a support class.

    Ghost made an extremely helpful guide that shows which skills do that. Right now I'm very poor when it comes to SP so I can't lvl those skills at the moment

  21. Likes Ixion likes this post
  22. #194
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,588
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    279,944 (888 Banked)
    yeah, i'll PM ghost's database to you Ixion.

    i went through it on the beach, its quite a good read it has to be said
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  23. #195
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,952
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,675 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It seems NeoGAF isn't very fond of this game:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=dust

    Most of them feel the gun controls are clunky. I personally don't think they're bad, but with games like COD and Battlefield having buttery smooth controls, DUST isn't up to par......yet.

  24. #196
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,836
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,751 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    im confused, i've called many orbital strikes over the beta...

    was that just open for testing purposes or was i calling a ship? or is it now that requests go to a ship in orbit elsewise nothing happens?

    or does calling an actual ship mean bigger payload?

    im confused
    You were calling ships previously, but they weren't on the same server. I read something about this but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll post it if I come across it. As it stands now there 3 different ammo types for the OBs, but they are all the tactical variety. Oh yeah, speaking of which, read my article on Orbital Bombardments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Just played the open beta for an hour or so.

    It's definitely a decently fun game as of now, and there's tons of potential. However, it obviously feels like an unfinished game. The graphics and control/gun physics need to be improved.

    The marketplace/leveling aspect of the game is also a bit daunting and confusing. It would be good if CCP can streamline the menus a bit. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it regardless though.

    Also, what is the point of walking around the merc quarters when you can just press start and access the Neocom? They have this cool hub for your character, which is a unique idea, but then they render it pointless with the Neocom.

    Finally, we should be able to switch the over-the-shoulder view to something a bit further behind the character.

    All in all though, I applied to the PSU corp. My handle is Maynard Goldblum. I will aid you when I can.
    First of all check out the guide that Fijian sent you (PM me if you haven't got it yet). It will help you get a grip on what skills you should train first. The guide runs on the idea of focussing on the skills that will give you generally useful passive boosts to your stats (more shield, more armor, less profile scan, more stamina, general gun class buffs etc). It'll allow you to focus on different play styles and just play the game without feeling like you've wasted skill points in things you don't end up using. (nothings really wasted though.). Check the guide first and get comfortable with that side of things, it's a good start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    yeah, i'll PM ghost's database to you Ixion.

    i went through it on the beach, its quite a good read it has to be said
    Cheers mon ami .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It seems NeoGAF isn't very fond of this game:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...highlight=dust

    Most of them feel the gun controls are clunky. I personally don't think they're bad, but with games like COD and Battlefield having buttery smooth controls, DUST isn't up to par......yet.

    People fail to understand that DUST 514 is in an actual REAL beta, not a "beta demo" like most games lol. It's a game for people who can shift their eyes to the future and not stay focussed on there here and now because that's where the real magic lies. Of course the controls are off, of course the graphics are still off, but these are ALL things that will only keep improving. The game has only just gone into open beta...

    "Like Eve we want this game to run forever, so it'll be on PlayStation 7," Touborg adds, noting that it will be a priority to communicate to PS3 players that Dust, which enters open beta today, is going to be a different experience weeks, months and years down the line.
    "I think it's going to be especially important because I think the players we're trying to reach aren't used to it. When it comes to console shooters, I see it very much as a migrating population, which moves from new title to new title. What we need to do is basically change their mindset, to make them understand that Dust is a game that will get better and better, and that is going to be a big challenge.

    CVG


    The game is going to be huge and when more content is added, the graphics are up to speed and the controls are improved, those who only have "now vision" aren't going to be as developed and experienced as those who had "future vision" and accepted the game's shortcomings knowing that they'll be improved upon.

  25. #197
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,836
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,744,751 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Vag Eye Lenol, I see ya! Welcome to PSU and the corp bud.

  26. #198
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    PSN ID
    Kagekatsu2
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    499 (0 Banked)
    Hey guys, Faia Casin here, aka the FNG. Looking forward to fighting alongside you all.
    Last edited by Kagekatsu2; 01-23-2013 at 05:21.

  27. #199
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    1,184 (0 Banked)
    Rocking . yeah I'm totally in

  28. #200
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,073
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,836 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    People fail to understand that DUST 514 is in an actual REAL beta, not a "beta demo" like most games lol. It's a game for people who can shift their eyes to the future and not stay focussed on there here and now because that's where the real magic lies. Of course the controls are off, of course the graphics are still off, but these are ALL things that will only keep improving. The game has only just gone into open beta...
    Yup, a lot of people really don't understand what a true beta entails. I remember when I was in the Killzone 1 beta, that was a real $#@!ing beta. Could barely even play it (not that it released that much more playable). Real betas aren't polished off games ready to release showcasing what online will be like, but I digress.

    I need to try this out.

  29. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.