Latest PSU headlines:

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey you two! Really glad to have you guys on board. Welcome to the DUST section of the site. This is where we can chill out until we get our super secret stealth mode section (Only corp members will be able to see it). I'm Ghost aka THE GREY CARDINAL/THE DARK HORSE (< EVE pilot), CEO. I'm here, along with the others, to help in any way I can. Very soon I will be publishing a guide on skill training that will help you build the core skills of your merc (and hopefully remove some of the confusion). Feel free to check out other areas of the forums too, we have a great community here and the site is changing always.

Yesterday I updated my EVE Online trial account into a paid subscription account! As CEO I thought that it would be best for you guys that I can provide that support. Eventually we will get it set up so that even if I'm not on DUST 514, I can provide you with orbital bombardments from my laptop.

P.S: I'll addall the new people to the OP roster today.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-23-2013 at 05:54.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

PSN ID
    Kagekatsu2
    Thanks!

Still getting the hang of this, they weren't kidding when they said there's a learning curve involved. Decided to stick to my militia gear until I have more disposable income at the ready.

So far, my only complaint is that we've had matches get prematurely ended due to glitching, but that's to be expected with a beta.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The idea here is that we all help to remove the barrier of confusion. I'm still getting things sorted and set up here but soon I'll have site infrastructure in place that will make things easier. I am available to all members for any kind of help whether its related to DUST, the forums or gaming in general. We are a corp and should be friends too..and friends have each others backs.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i'd also like to join Ghost in welcoming everybody now that the beta has gone open

hopefully we can get some game on!

feel free to send me a squad invite if any of you guys see me online, i'll do the same in reverse
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Wow...On the official forums, they are talking about removing the skill cap...Not sure if I'm keen on that...It's not being implemented yet, just being discussed.

CCP Cmdr Wang:

I would like to explain the reasons on why we are testing the removal of the SP cap and keep you all better informed.

The development team has been listening intently to the tons of feedback from you guys on the skill system, in particular the current skill cap implementation.

Our original aims with the skill cap were to ensure players progressed through the skill tree at a steady pace, to dis-incentivize 24/7 grinding and to maintain a manageable gap between casual and hardcore players. After trying out a couple of different approaches, none of which were satisfactory, we have realized that the skill cap introduces too many other unacceptable compromises and we have decided to take a leaf out of Alexander’s book and just cut the Gordian knot and remove the skill cap altogether. Removing the skill cap opens us up to the risk of not meeting the aims stated above, so we have tuned down reward levels a little to reduce that risk.

We believe that these changes will go a long way towards alleviating the problems that you guys have been drawing to our attention, but we will continue to listen to your feedback, monitor progression data and make further tweaks as necessary.

Finally, we are not removing the SP cap today, and will allow time for the community to speak their minds on this first.

We look forward to hearing from you!
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...ts&t=52352&p=3

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    what is the skill cap?

is that the amount you earn in a day or the level a skill can reach?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, atm it's set at 27,500 a day and resets during server downtime each day. They are talking of removing it altogether and lowering the WP reward given for time in match. It's not going down too well and is really kind of unfair for people with families and jobs etc.

PSN ID
    Kagekatsu2
    Well on one hand, I can understand CCP is perhaps trying to keep new players from quitting due to having to play catch up with the closed beta veterans. On the other, perhaps this is a bit too soon, what with this being the first day.

Also, I'm available for squad invite when needed.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    its got its pro's and cons i guess.

people will be playing the game a lot more these next few weeks then they will after. but as you say, its not fair to those who are working and have kids....or going on roadtrips >_>

now that the game has gone open beta status i will be putting some money down
    the "skill" gap will be irrelevant for me
    watch me get murdered later
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagekatsu2 View Post
    Well on one hand, I can understand CCP is perhaps trying to keep new players from quitting due to having to play catch up with the closed beta veterans. On the other, perhaps this is a bit too soon, what with this being the first day.

Also, I'm available for squad invite when needed.
    I agree, but luckily it's just in discussion for now. Also, please forgive me if I am on and don't squad up...I am and have almost always been a singleplayer gamer so I need to change my lone-wolf habits haha. I'll start squading up!

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    its got its pro's and cons i guess.

people will be playing the game a lot more these next few weeks then they will after. but as you say, its not fair to those who are working and have kids....or going on roadtrips >_>

now that the game has gone open beta status i will be putting some money down
    the "skill" gap will be irrelevant for me
    watch me get murdered later
    Pffft...I don't even think you need to train your skills haha. CCP will do right by the players, they are good like that. I'll also be putting euros down. I still have AUR from the merc pack though. EVE is going to cost me about 10 a month.

Speaking of which...

I am totally TOTALLY falling in love with EVE Online. You can try it for free for 2 weeks. I have the graphics turned LOW to save my lappy but it's so serene and relaxing to have your ship in space...the way you navigate around and can see your ship and surroundings in 3D is awesome and the music is just soooooooooo serene...it's beautiful. I can picture coming home and playing EVE to relax, have the sound up, a glass of wine...ahhhh. I really think that I have found my gaming Nirvana in the EVE Universe...all the games I was hyped for now seem like wet soggy toilet paper in my mind haha. Between the relaxing beauty and depth of EVE and the awesome persistent action of DUST I'm set.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Pffft...I don't even think you need to train your skills haha. CCP will do right by the players, they are good like that. I'll also be putting euros down. I still have AUR from the merc pack though. EVE is going to cost me about €10 a month.

Speaking of which...

I am totally TOTALLY falling in love with EVE Online. You can try it for free for 2 weeks. I have the graphics turned LOW to save my lappy but it's so serene and relaxing to have your ship in space...the way you navigate around and can see your ship and surroundings in 3D is awesome and the music is just soooooooooo serene...it's beautiful. I can picture coming home and playing EVE to relax, have the sound up, a glass of wine...ahhhh. I really think that I have found my gaming Nirvana in the EVE Universe...all the games I was hyped for now seem like wet soggy toilet paper in my mind haha. Between the relaxing beauty and depth of EVE and the awesome persistent action of DUST I'm set.

yeah, gunna put down for money and see just whats, what with all the systems

be careful with eve though, apparently its possible to come across pirates who murder you and take all your stuff. and it never truly turns off, so where you leave your ship is where someone else will find it

will get me some lvl 3 assult armor too...

big question though! SEROUS BUSINESS!!

does the white merc suit make you look fat?
    does the Black one show of how serious i is?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

yeah, gunna put down for money and see just whats, what with all the systems

be careful with eve though, apparently its possible to come across pirates who murder you and take all your stuff. and it never truly turns off, so where you leave your ship is where someone else will find it

will get me some lvl 3 assult armor too...

big question though! SEROUS BUSINESS!!

does the white merc suit make you look fat?
    does the Black one show of how serious i is?
    I heard about that, but that's only if you don't dock into a station. Some ships are too big to dock and they just have to find a random star system to hide in. I still have my lil tin can haha. Also, there are 3 levels of security space in EVE...high sec,low sec and null sec. In HS any aggressors are quickly dispatched by NPC law enforcement so you are generally safe there. Low sec has less enforcement and null sec is no holds barred. DUST 514 will also be expanding to these different zones...So eventually friendly fire and dodgy battlefield antics will come into play! I'm stuck on a mission atm though which is pissing me off.

I'm going for level 3 logi armor, need another 100k, but will only wear it when dating haha. Go with the white merc suit...like an angel of death!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The game is going to be huge and when more content is added, the graphics are up to speed and the controls are improved, those who only have "now vision" aren't going to be as developed and experienced as those who had "future vision" and accepted the game's shortcomings knowing that they'll be improved upon.
    The question is...has CCP proven in the past that their games become significantly improved upon over the years? Or do we just have to take their word for it?

Basically, has EVE seen huge improvements since its launch?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The question is...has CCP proven in the past that their games become significantly improved upon over the years? Or do we just have to take their word for it?

EVE is the only MMO that has grown everyday since its launch and is still growing. CCP must be doing something right.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Well EVE has had 16 free expansions so they have a 10 year history of providing in that sense. From what I have seen...I have 0% doubt in CCP's competency in improving its IP and its skill as a creative and innovative developer. They are the real deal. . I am only just getting my lil toe wet in EVE Online but from what I've read it had a deep, long and unusual history regarding its direction and improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    EVE is the only MMO that has grown everyday since its launch and is still growing. CCP must be doing something right.
    Yeah, this is kind of the proof too.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i just donated my spare isk to the corp, im levelling too slowly to make use of the isk
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Nice! Be sure to make sure you're not left short. Corp wallet will probably be used to help cover any costs in getting us a cool ship for bombardments. I think I might get one for free at the end of my current mission arc but yea, that's the plan...that is IF I can access that money in EVE (it's not transferable at this point in time).

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    in a bad match i only use half of what i win
    the other half just accumulates and builds until the amount makes me kinda depressed

i had 2 million doing nothing but taunting me
    i gave half to the corp, saving the other half for a rainy day. i may just put that half into the corp wallet also as im still quite a ways away from any levels
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    in a bad match i only use half of what i win
    the other half just accumulates and builds until the amount makes me kinda depressed

i had 2 million doing nothing but taunting me
    i gave half to the corp, saving the other half for a rainy day. i may just put that half into the corp wallet also as im still quite a ways away from any levels
    yeah 1 million is always my backup. I donate or use anything more than that

Apprentice

Just making sure everyone knows. If yo u are low on armor you can go to a supply depot select change fitting. Then change to a different fitting and boom,all your health back.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    Just making sure everyone knows. If yo u are low on armor you can go to a supply depot select change fitting. Then change to a different fitting and boom,all your health back.
    it has the potential of saving your life too

some guy shot at me whilst i was mid change, once i changed my fitting i turned around and his clip out of ammo XD
    easy kill was easy
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Low armor won't be an issue when I'm on board. Love my logibro. I need to start my drop ship training eventually though...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i can attest to that, Ghostie is a shrewd and diligent logistics merc. the only time i died was when the enemy got to him before me

also, take a look at my dinky little ship i got in EVE
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice

Thats great some one who is good with a dropship would be handy.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    eve seems so cool, but I don't like the idea of monthly subscriptions

Thread Information