Page 1 of 58 111 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1463

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

    Join PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - Official Corporation of PSU.com!



    EVE Online capsuleer THE DARK HORSE & DUST 514 mercenary THE GREY CARDINAL
    lead PSU GHOST SYNDICATE on a journey to glory and riches in the EVE Universe.




    HOW TO JOIN

    1) Join the forums and introduce yourself here.
    2) Create your DUST merc HERE and get a free Recruit Assault Rifle and a 7 day Recruit Booster to get started off right.
    3) Boot up DUST 514 and go to your merc quarters.
    4) Press L1 to bring up Neocom.
    5) Scroll down to corporation and select "search" and enter 'PSUGS' and join.
    All I expect is that you become part of the DUST 514 community here so that we can get to know you better and share info and guides etc more effectively.








    The mission is quite simple:


    • To build up a close-knit community of both hardcore and casual gamers in DUST 514 and to help everyone get better and more knowledgeable about the game and its mechanics.


    • To develop a solid forum presence with guides, info and systems that will help facilitate corporation growth and remove the barriers of complication for interested but daunted gamers wanting to try DUST 514.


    Come join us!
    Last edited by Ghost; 04-11-2014 at 01:13.

  2. #2
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Sweet, Gonna join right now
    iwinulose042 ( Soldier: itachi73378 )
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-04-2012 at 06:06.

  3. #3
    Newbie

    Join Date
    May 2013
    PSN ID
    tblennon84
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    480 (0 Banked)
    This site convinced me to join and try to get into Dust 514. I really enjoy fps games and have been curious about Dust, but must say that right now I am a total clueless noob who is still installing the game...

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrarlie Rangel View Post
    This site convinced me to join and try to get into Dust 514. I really enjoy fps games and have been curious about Dust, but must say that right now I am a total clueless noob who is still installing the game...
    Welcome to the corp! I am writing up a bit of a starters guide now. Ask any questions here for the time being. Next time I see you in game, we'll have a chat about the game and give you some direction.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Awesome! It will be cool to play with some PSUers instead of being solo wolf all the time.

  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have to redownload the game and all its updates all over again on my new PS3. (sigh).

  7. #7
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    i'll sign up!
    u guys accept complete and utter noobs right?

    PSN is the same as my PSU
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  8. #8
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i'll sign up!
    u guys accept complete and utter noobs right?

    PSN is the same as my PSU
    ALL are welcome. I'm an FPS n00b in general but it's all good...cause I'll in my dropship playing taxi driver. (not at first though)

  9. #9
    Newbie
    TehWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    PSN ID
    GTAV_LEGEND
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    546 (0 Banked)
    I'd like to join too. complete noob at this game!. played beta a while might have to re-download it etc.

  10. #10
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    just noticed; my merc costs quite a bit of money

    dying 5 times or more cost 150k+!

    no sidearm for me then

    where we all at anyways? i haven't seen any PSU flags flying yet!

    lets get some game on!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  11. #11
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Sorry guys I've been busy with heavy rain and I have finals starting today.
    Will definitely be on regularly in a week or two
    @fiji: yeah I only buy a assault rifle and that too can start to add up after some deaths

  12. #12
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Sorry guys I've been busy with heavy rain and I have finals starting today.
    Will definitely be on regularly in a week or two
    @fiji: yeah I only buy a assault rifle and that too can start to add up after some deaths
    i need to pay for all my slots: 7 all together, plus the armor

    so a death is quite a costly endeavor.

    must get good at this game to avoid this heavy price i pay

    on a side note, i spent 1 million isk on skill books (some new ones i didn't already have) only to find out i had to buy them all over again
    le $#@!? where do i go to report bugs on the Dust forums?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  13. #13
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i need to pay for all my slots: 7 all together, plus the armor

    so a death is quite a costly endeavor.

    must get good at this game to avoid this heavy price i pay

    on a side note, i spent 1 million isk on skill books (some new ones i didn't already have) only to find out i had to buy them all over again
    le $#@!? where do i go to report bugs on the Dust forums?
    Yeah I still don't get the skill books part. You buy the books from the market place, but when you max a skill you buy another book from the skill upgrade menu?

  14. #14
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sorry gaiz! I've been somewhat distracted this past week. We should get some game time in soon for sure!

    RE: Skillbooks - When you want to learn a new skill, vehicle control, a new dropsuit class, weapon class etc, you need to first buy a skill book. Buying and using this book will then give you the ability to use SP to advance that skill. You should only buy a skill book once for any skill. I hope that helps. If you have experienced a bug, you can report it HERE at the official beta forum.

    Thanks a lot to who ever donated money to the corp wallet. It was a nice surprise and looks better than the meager amount I put in. This money will be saved and distributed when we have big/important games...so our pilots can buy dropships, our tankers can buy tanks and our soldiers can get good gear...s of war! However, for now, save your money and buy the stuff you need for battles! As you have seen, there is a war economy *que MGS4 opening theme*, unless you are using the infinite and free militia grade gear, death costs! I generally rock in militia gear because I want to invest my money into skillbooks and to buy dropships (haven't flown yet since the Codex build went live ).

  15. #15
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sorry gaiz! I've been somewhat distracted this past week. We should get some game time in soon for sure!

    RE: Skillbooks - When you want to learn a new skill, vehicle control, a new dropsuit class, weapon class etc, you need to first buy a skill book. Buying and using this book will then give you the ability to use SP to advance that skill. You should only buy a skill book once for any skill. I hope that helps. If you have experienced a bug, you can report it HERE at the official beta forum.

    Thanks a lot to who ever donated money to the corp wallet. It was a nice surprise and looks better than the meager amount I put in. This money will be saved and distributed when we have big/important games...so our pilots can buy dropships, our tankers can buy tanks and our soldiers can get good gear...s of war! However, for now, save your money and buy the stuff you need for battles! As you have seen, there is a war economy *que MGS4 opening theme*, unless you are using the infinite and free militia grade gear, death costs! I generally rock in militia gear because I want to invest my money into skillbooks and to buy dropships (haven't flown yet since the Codex build went live ).
    that is what i did

    when i went to add sp it said i had to purchase them again with only one of the skills actually having a purchased skillbook.

    this bug prevented me from donating the amount i was going to donate
    i was supposed to donate 5 million; spent 2 on stupid skillbooks...i will endeavour to help the clan!
    my merc is more than accommodated with the contract payouts at the end of battles IF i don't die too much and IF ccp don't tweak that system, so the spare isk i can give to our clan


    regardless, i will hit up the dust forums and report what i have seen, pretty much wasted 2 million isk
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  16. #16
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hmmm, sorry to hear that. My FPS skills leave a little to be desired still so money comes a bit slower haha. Flying around last build didn't help that much haha. Sometimes I'd go chill out on top of the enemy MCC for a minute or two...........................

  17. #17
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hmmm, sorry to hear that. My FPS skills leave a little to be desired still so money comes a bit slower haha. Flying around last build didn't help that much haha. Sometimes I'd go chill out on top of the enemy MCC for a minute or two...........................
    im sure the enemy didn't know what to do with you

    MOST of my isk comes when im the squad leader

    its alot easier to achieve victory when 4 people are moving on an objective, plus, you also get a squad leader bonus for issuing orders (still unsure on how this system works as it doesn't always pay out )
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  18. #18
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I played like 4 or 5 matches yesterday and every time I went to my Neocom and selected "My Corporation" I got disconnected from the Dust servers and had to log in again. I tried it 3 or four times and the same thing happened. It only disconnects when I go to 'My Corporation'.

  19. #19
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I had the same problem today. I'm going to check the beta forums and see if it's an issue.

  20. #20
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    noob question...

    how are the points distributed at the end of the game?

    i finished a game this afternoon and i DOMINATED!!!

    22 kils, 7 deaths, innumerable hacks, ~1600 points, No.1 position(a good bit better than the next guy) yet i got less this match then i have ever before received; 168k
    i ask, because i normally get 200-250k and do much much less in those matches
    only difference was that this match was jammed full of players. whereas normally its half full...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  21. #21
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    noob question...

    how are the points distributed at the end of the game?

    i finished a game this afternoon and i DOMINATED!!!

    22 kils, 7 deaths, innumerable hacks, ~1600 points, No.1 position(a good bit better than the next guy) yet i got less this match then i have ever before received; 168k
    i ask, because i normally get 200-250k and do much much less in those matches
    only difference was that this match was jammed full of players. whereas normally its half full...
    While you were dominating, yesterday I had my worst match of all time.
    1 kill - 13 deaths
    The enemy team had tanks and nothing we tried seemed to work. I was the only guy on the team using the anti armor suit hoping to get the tanks and it seemed like the enemies knew I was anti armor and all diverted their attentions to me even when I was hidden at the top of a cliff or something.

    I would also like to know how points are given because I usually get 80k-110k per match and I got 110k on that sucky match and was quite surprised. the match after that I think I went 5/7KD with many hacks and I got the same ISK

    I'm having trouble with a skill now. I've bought the book TWICE and I can't find the skill in my skills menu
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-13-2012 at 00:41.

  22. #22
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    While you were dominating, yesterday I had my worst match of all time.
    1 kill - 13 deaths
    The enemy team had tanks and nothing we tried seemed to work. I was the only guy on the team using the anti armor suit hoping to get the tanks and it seemed like the enemoies knew I was anti armor and all diverted their attentions to me even when I was hidden at the top of a cliff or something.

    I would also like to know how points are given because I usually get 80k-110k per match and I got 110k on that sucky match and was quite surprised. the math after that I think I went 5/7KD with many hacks and I got the same ISK

    I'm having trouble with a skill now. I've bought the book TWICE and I can't find the skill in my skills menu
    in your skill menu, push R2 to select 'All Skills' its probably there because the skill book hasn't been activated. so you'll have to find it and activate it manually (i've had to do this before)

    i've been in one sided matches like that before...its not fun time to play at all
    ever had a tank camp the MCC drop location?
    MCC should do more to defend the ground under it...
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  23. #23
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    in your skill menu, push R2 to select 'All Skills' its probably there because the skill book hasn't been activated. so you'll have to find it and activate it manually (i've had to do this before)

    i've been in one sided matches like that before...its not fun time to play at all
    ever had a tank camp the MCC drop location?
    MCC should do more to defend the ground under it...
    THAT'S WHAT WAS HAPPENING!
    I'm talking 6 infantry soldiers 2 heavies and a tank at the MCC drop point.

  24. #24
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,821
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,268 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Holy $#@!...I suck compared to you! I am defintely the gray cardinal of our corporation, but I'm stoked to already have someone so badass as yourself!

    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll search for one. Man, your stats are incredible. What do you use? DS3 or mouse and keyboard? What sensitivity settings do you use?

  25. #25
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,574
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    274,279 (888 Banked)
    im not that good

    i usually end up around the top 5 with a kill death ratio of 1:1
    (80% of my deaths come at the hands of heavy units....those guys are seriously overpowered...where possible, i turn and run)

    i assumed though with my domination today i'd get quite the prize bonus...not the case. i got less today than when i finish where i normally do. which was quite surprising because i didn't make back the money it cost to restock my lost mercs...i lost 100k isk whilst dominating a match

    as for my play style: DualShock with sensitivity up two notches
    my merc does most of the work though... which is why it cost so much
    2 light weapon damage modifiers, armor plating, lvl 2 assult rifle (i forget its name), and green bottle which ups armor and stamina (i forget its name also), as well as the assault armor which holds it all
    also invested in a few skills that i figured would give me a slight edge over enemies xD

    also, knowing that the problems i have with the controls. other people will have too
    its easy to beat people then xD
    i have lol'd watching two people dance with each other trying to aim properly
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.