Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    we have that

where else would u carry a gun if not in public areas( outside ur house).

In Americuh, certain establishment don't allow guns carry, like school for example.

So in my opinion all these anti-guns ppl just want banning of guns since I don't see what other control they want. Unless they want everyone other than the government carrying .22 only...
    Fair enough.

But I certainly am not of the opinion that a bit of restriction (meeting halfway) isn't necessarily "anti" anything.

With respect of course I don't feel that the fact that me having an M249 just because some crazy might have one is any better either I mean, it's not like we have information on who these crazies are (and where and when they will be so we, in turn, can carry our own arsenal - but this isn't the case).

And the only real prevention (that some I believe are alluding to) would be for people to walk around with holsters like a good western film. (which would certainly be entertaining whist ordering a coffee and your barrista has a 357 magnum holstered).

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not having a go at anyone that is pro-gun or even those that want a free for all (before people get all righteous and heated up under their collar).

Just trying to see how people see it.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Well, I might want an M249 because I like the gun. To me, firearms can be used for many things- hunting, plinking\fun, collecting, self defense, or just a hobby (building them up, tinkering).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Well, I might want an M249 because I like the gun. To me, firearms can be used for many things- hunting, plinking\fun, collecting, self defense, or just a hobby (building them up, tinkering).
    I'm certainly all for it for things like that. Especially if it's home protection. But I do think people can use hyperbole and "what ifs" and get carried away.

I dunno, I'm just weary of it just being out in the open en masse like that. Not necessarily because of people, but more faulty things and user error/mishandling etc.

The amount of faulty electronics every day and people not learning how to use these things properly, is really what worries me.

Certainly having like a drivers license system wouldn't be too restrictive though would it? (not sure if something like this is already in place - not a permit so to speak, but an approved testing system)

(Yes it wouldn't eliminate every possible negative outcome - but this really shouldn't be used as an argument as what law or control does? Though I am open to other theories against something like this, but just not the aforementioned one ).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm certainly all for it for things like that. Especially if it's home protection. But I do think people can use hyperbole and "what ifs" and get carried away.

I dunno, I'm just weary of it just being out in the open en masse like that. Not necessarily because of people, but more faulty things and user error/mishandling etc.

The amount of faulty electronics every day and people not learning how to use these things properly, is really what worries me.

Certainly having like a drivers license system wouldn't be too restrictive though would it? (not sure if something like this is already in place - not a permit so to speak, but an approved testing system)

(Yes it wouldn't eliminate every possible negative outcome - but this really shouldn't be used as an argument as what law or control does? Though I am open to other theories against something like this, but just not the aforementioned one ).
    US Has 88 guns out of 100 people on average..

People are exponentially more likely to die in their car or get killed by their doctor then killed by a gun. Accidents\intentional combined.

Or get electrocuted lol.

Idiots are going to idiot, that's for sure. Still, nothing can be done about that. Firearms are no different than anything else that can be potentially fatal that we use every day.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I like having guns. It's for my own protection. I'll own them till the day I die.

6. Likes Ezekiel, Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I like having guns. It's for my own protection. I'll own them till the day I die.
    Amen to that F34R.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

8. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage

As an aside. When I am financially able, I do plan on buying whatever weaponry I can short of nuclear, chemical and biological agents. I do want to own tanks, APCs, fighter jets, helicopters, an arsenal of various small, medium and large firearms, the gear to go with it to protect myself and others and most of all, because I do want to start my own militia.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    As an aside. When I am financially able, I do plan on buying whatever weaponry I can short of nuclear, chemical and biological agents. I do want to own tanks, APCs, fighter jets, helicopters, an arsenal of various small, medium and large firearms, the gear to go with it to protect myself and others and most of all, because I do want to start my own militia.
    I once knew a guy that sold tanks. He imported them Europe, then sold em. I very much doubt the main cannon still worked, but they only cost around 30k. Could drive that $#@! down a street, he just said to let the cops know.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

11. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I once knew a guy that sold tanks. He imported them Europe, then sold em. I very much doubt the main cannon still worked, but they only cost around 30k. Could drive that $#@! down a street, he just said to let the cops know.
    Freaking sweet man. Though I'd much prefer the M1A2 over pretty much anything Europe has except for the latest tanks that the Germans and Russians have.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 12-06-2012 at 20:21.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Freaking sweet man. Though I'd much prefer the M1A2 over pretty much anything Europe has except for the latest tanks that the Germans have.
    That's because us Germans kick ass.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You Germans do have some badass technology.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    that's because us germans kick ass.
    but you wont sell it to civilian markets you bastards!

16. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Same here F34R. They will have to pry them from my cold dead hands.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I have German ancestry from both sides of my family so yeah, they do. lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Same here F34R. They will have to pry them from my cold dead hands.
    MIB reference, NICE!!

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Yeah... we don't need more gun control laws, we need to keep educating people and keep turning out upstanding citizens.
    I'm a firm believer in the 2nd. Every person should possess the means to protect themselves.

Dedicated Member

If you think banning guns makes you safer then I highly recommend you take a week long trip to Cuidad Juarez, Mexico where they are illegal. Then cross the river into El Paso for a week where they are entirely legal.

Then come back here and tell me which city is safer.

For those that don't know, Juarez is one of the most dangerous cities on earth with crime and murder rates that rival any war zone, and El Paso is the safest large city in the US with just 5 murders in the past 2 years which is lower than almost every major city in Europe. These two cities are separated by nothing more than a narrow, mostly dry riverbed and a pair of 10 foot chain fences.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 12-13-2012 at 03:53.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I can't count how many violent felons we've had to take guns off of.

Thread Information