Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After seeing the new footage I now agree with the op. Best graphics on any console.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah TLOU looks like it'll be the whole package...Graphics, narrative, gameplay etc. Trailer is amazing!

Friendship is Carrots
    I'll say that Naughty Dog are the masters of graphics on the console. They really know how the push the PS3's hardware, and they know how to juggle resources and where to apply polish to keep everything looking as good as it can be. I would love to see what they could do with PC hardware. But overall no, The Last of Us isn't even up to the technical standards of Crysis, which is five years old now.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

PSN ID
    Bama_Bear
    With most games, there is always room for improvement in graphics. From what I've seen of the trailers, this one looks pretty solid. I like it when the designers don't skimp on the background content. Just hope it isn't one of the ones that gets glitchy.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I wouldnt be so sure and say that without being able to actually play the game. The graphics may get downgraded in the final version of the game in order to get optimized for the playstation specifications.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    From what I HAVE seen so far, the graphics are indeed almost unbelievable. In all honestly it could pass as PS4 launch title
    Yeah we sometimes get this towards the end of the generation. GoW2 looked almost as good as some PS3/360 launch titles and it seems this is no different. It's amazing how much ND have squeezed out of the PS3 with this, I doubt Crysis 3 will look as good on PS3 as Crytek are claiming personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Since I haven't played the game yet, I can't say definitive that it looks the bomb. But based on the videos of game play, I think Halo 4, Battlefield 3 and UC3 look better.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    after playing on the PC with the such high options, its hard for me to say yes because the bland textures during some parts are noticeable.

BUT if i talk only about console games, without a doubt a contender of being the best looking.
    There are still parts that look amazing.

The way i felt when seeing the sand from U3, snow from U2 and even the city in U2 was something i have yet to feel from ANY console game, none look better to me.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure and say that without being able to actually play the game. The graphics may get downgraded in the final version of the game in order to get optimized for the playstation specifications.
    You're talking about it as though the PC is the lead platform. It's only the cinematic cutscenes that are rendered through multiple PS3s and then compressed into a video format, as far as I know.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-14-2013 at 05:16.

Thread Information