An enormous patch has recently become available for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on PlayStation 3, with major fixes addressed, balancing issues seen to, and much, much more. There’s also a list of ‘new features’ included here, with security system enhancements, improved audio and rumble feedback when shooting enemies, and improvements to Theater mode mentioned.
Browse through the full patch notes for title update 1.04 for Black Ops 2 below - there’s a lot to take in!
Black Ops 2 Title Update 1.04 Notes:
New Features & Feature Improvements
- Added support for posting Live Stream URLs to Twitter.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Added a number of security system enhancements.
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Fixed a rare hang (“Awaiting Textures”) upon loading into maps when joining a session in progress after fresh boot.
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed an exploit where modified console hackers could maliciously spread infected films to other users.
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Improved overall Theater and Live Streaming stability.
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Emblem Editor no longer closes the current emblem when discarding changes.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Counter UAV no longer remains for the rest of the game after a host migration.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Offline profiles can no longer be exploited to join online games when an online profile is also signed in.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
The following is a list of numerous gameplay balancing tweaks that were made after thorough review of statistical data from usage patterns of weapons, equipment, perks and scorestreaks since launch.
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- Assault Rifles:
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.
- Sniper Rifles:
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
Results 1 to 10 of 10
CoD: Black Ops 2 patch 1.04 available now on PS3
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Ore no Sekai
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
Oh thank goodness with the awaiting state freeze fix!
PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"
Lol dat SMG nerfs. Why'd they have to hit the MSMC harder though ;(. Glad they didn't touch Type25
Hopefully the game won't crash anymore
Erm...huge patch? It was 68mb for me..hardly huge lol.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Long Eaton England UK
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
Cool maybe i'll enjoy this game for onceThe Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones
No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.
Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.
Should take Select fire off the FAL and see if the casuals continue to use it then. But then again, I don't care that much... they'll all die the same. We'll see how good these 'fixes' work in real-time shortly. And why don't you dick mouf's at Treyarch just take out Ghost? IT SERVES NO $#@!ING PURPOSE ANYMORE YOU FRAUDS! DIE IN A FIRE!
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
My favorite part of the patch is that i can see how much xp i earned in one game, and how much is left. gg treyarch
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)