Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Um, no I'm not. I didn't say anything about that part of the discussion lol. I didn't TELL you to do anything man. Jesus. It's a figure of speech. Ya know like, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." I'm not TELLING you not to bring a knife to a gun fight. Get it? Where's a double standard? He said maybe Microsoft didn't want to spend tens of millions of dollars on games people might not buy, like Sony did. Lair is a good example. There's plenty of others. He didn't say that Microsoft didn't ever publish a game that didn't sell well. That argument wouldn't have any supporting idea because they aren't losing to Sony; which is what the topic is.
    Gun to a knife fight? Hardly. I brought up a valid counter to something that sounded like a blanket statement to me. And then you tell me not to bring up those games because they arent convienent to an argument that youre agreeing with. lol Whatever.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    In terms of exclusives. Even if Sony brings out a game that has a fanbase of a couple hundred thousand or ends up not selling as much as they would like: so long as they make even a slight bit of money on it means it is a worthy investment due to continued diversity in their PS3 catalogue of games. For example Jaffe said that Twisted Metal was profitable. So despite the game apparently not selling that well, it at least catered to those old school TM fans and possibly found new fans in there too. It's as though if a game doesn't sell millions of copies it's a failure, which is not the case. I think they should be commended for green lighting risky projects, or games that will clearly not achieve huge amounts of revenue. Sure there is some stupidity in amongst a lot of decisions they make, and their marketing could be a lot better as has already been mentioned. But game-wise the more the better. Sony already has their big selling games
    Very true. And Sony continues to make these games so they obviously sold enough to warrant sequels in Sony's eyes.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Gun to a knife fight? Hardly. I brought up a valid counter to something that sounded like a blanket statement to me. And then you tell me not to bring up those games because they arent convienent to an argument that youre agreeing with. lol Whatever.
    It isn't a valid counter. It is a blanket statement, that covers the games that Sony put a ton of money into, that didn't sell well. It isn't a substantive counter to include games that don't fit the criteria of the original argument.

You did have a good example as a decent "counter" when you mentioned Too Human.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It isn't a valid counter. It is a blanket statement, that covers the games that Sony put a ton of money into, that didn't sell well. It isn't a substantive counter to include games that don't fit the criteria of the original argument. You did have a good example as a decent "counter" when you mentioned Too Human.
    But it is because it was basically a blanket statement. And since Yungstar made the comment and not you how about we let him explain what he meant. But to me it sounded like he was saying PS3 exclusives period. If he wasnt then I'm sure he'll correct me and that will be fine. And then I wont argue the point anymore.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    When someone says "games that people will not buy" surely he doesn't have to come in and explain that his argument doesn't include "games that people will buy". Especially when he already clarified it by saying "the way Sony have". So, games that Sony have made that people won't buy, doesn't include games that Sony made that people will buy. Hope that helps.

6. Likes Yungstar 2006 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    When someone says "games that people will not buy" surely he doesn't have to come in and explain that his argument doesn't include "games that people will buy". Especially when he already clarified it by saying "the way Sony have". So, games that Sony have made that people won't buy, doesn't include games that Sony made that people will buy. Hope that helps.
    Well considering all the PS3 bashing Yungstar does on a regular basis here I took it as a blanket statement. With most other posters I would have taken how you did. I go by each members posting tendencies when reading their posts. Hope that helps.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well considering all the PS3 bashing Yungstar does on a regular basis here I took it as a blanket statement. With most other posters I would have taken how you did. I go by each members posting tendencies when reading their posts. Hope that helps.
    Glad I could help explain it.

OT:
    I would love to have some kinda "mock" polls on how the world would have gone with Sony if they had more marketing muscle to start... that would be an interesting fight.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Glad I could help explain it. OT: I would love to have some kinda "mock" polls on how the world would have gone with Sony if they had more marketing muscle to start... that would be an interesting fight.
    Glad I could help explain it to YOU. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 00:46.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I believe it came down to marketing in the states. X-Box is the McDonalds of the gaming world in my eyes. From the way it advertises, right down to it's product line. It's not about quality. It's about creature comforts and cheap pricing (or the illusion of cheap pricing, I should say lol) The PS3, would be more like the olive garden of gaming. Great overall quality and value, but overlooked due to slightly higher than average pricing and lower marketing figures. When it comes down to it this generation, regardless of what sales numbers say, I do believe he PS3 was the superior console. In quality of hardware/offerings and software, a free network to play on, and the sheer quantity of AAA exclusive software offered. It's not Sony's fault that the U.S. populace doesn't know a good thing when they see it. They'd rather hate on something than try it out. I love my 360, I love my Halo 4....but I can 100% tell you I got far more enjoyment out of the content offered by Sony this generation. If your average consumer would actually try it, they'd like it. Green eggs and ham etc.

No matter who has the superior product or software, pricing and marketing beat all at the end of the day. Microsoft got there first, thus the spoils go to them. I am wondering if the completely unwarranted hate shift will go towards 360 next gen like it did with Sony this gen.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

11. Likes LfCpS3 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    It was marketing plus couple with the fact when you look at these upcoming months for the Big 3 although I realize Wii U is out. PS3 still cost like $200 correct I haven't been paying attention I'll admit, but right now you can get a Wii at what $90 and even a 360 old or new around $100-150 or something.

Plus there were games that could have been advertised a helluva lot better than they were throwing out random games I've played Flower and Journey in fact I think even Little Big Planet(series) could have been better advertised those games are freaking awesome.

Then someone hit the nail on the head Sony doesn't advertise on major networks I don't know how many times I've caught myself saying I want a 360 for Halo 4 after watching it on ESPN over and over again.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I believe it came down to marketing in the states. X-Box is the McDonalds of the gaming world in my eyes. From the way it advertises, right down to it's product line. It's not about quality. It's about creature comforts and cheap pricing (or the illusion of cheap pricing, I should say lol) The PS3, would be more like the olive garden of gaming. Great overall quality and value, but overlooked due to slightly higher than average pricing and lower marketing figures. When it comes down to it this generation, regardless of what sales numbers say, I do believe he PS3 was the superior console. In quality of hardware/offerings and software, a free network to play on, and the sheer quantity of AAA exclusive software offered. It's not Sony's fault that the U.S. populace doesn't know a good thing when they see it. They'd rather hate on something than try it out. I love my 360, I love my Halo 4....but I can 100% tell you I got far more enjoyment out of the content offered by Sony this generation. If your average consumer would actually try it, they'd like it. Green eggs and ham etc.

No matter who has the superior product or software, pricing and marketing beat all at the end of the day. Microsoft got there first, thus the spoils go to them. I am wondering if the completely unwarranted hate shift will go towards 360 next gen like it did with Sony this gen.
    You realize that olive garden is like the worst "italian" chain restaurant, right?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You realize that olive garden is like the worst "italian" chain restaurant, right?
    lol I was speaking in terms of food quality, not performance. A lot better than Big Macs and mcdoubles if you ask me. Pricey, but a better overall experience than McDonalds. So I'm not that great at analogies, sue me. Point was made though, and hard to argue with. One caters to your average consumer joe, while the other caters to the more hardcore and well informed gamer. When you set down and logically compare apples to apples, Ps3 comes out on top. So it doesn't have cross game chat. Big deal. Small price to pay for the wealth of content the platform received and free network it provided. Love the fact that I can stream Netflix, a service I ALREADY pay for, for free, instead of having to pay out more money to access it through another service.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-08-2012 at 02:45.

Forum Sage
    lol I was speaking in terms of food quality, not performance. A lot better than Big Macs and mcdoubles if you ask me. Pricey, but a better overall experience than McDonalds. So I'm not that great at analogies, sue me. Point was made though, and hard to argue with. One caters to your average consumer joe, while the other caters to the more hardcore and well informed gamer. When you set down and logically compare apples to apples, Ps3 comes out on top. So it doesn't have cross game chat. Big deal. Small price to pay for the wealth of content the platform received and free network it provided. Love the fact that I can stream Netflix, a service I ALREADY pay for, for free, instead of having to pay out more money to access it through another service.
    Still your comparison makes no sense. Comparing a fast food restaurant to a casual sit down restaurant.

They don't compete against each other. The Ps3 and 360 do. And the 360 is still fairing better in sales to this date. You can try to attribute its success to various factors, but at the end of the day the 360 still comes out on top, which is what matters.

Microsoft and Nintendo won this generation. Perhaps Sony will experience a resurgence next generation.

Veteran
    Still your comparison makes no sense. Comparing a fast food restaurant to a casual sit down restaurant.

They don't compete against each other. The Ps3 and 360 do. And the 360 is still fairing better in sales to this date. You can try to attribute its success to various factors, but at the end of the day the 360 still comes out on top, which is what matters.

Microsoft and Nintendo won this generation. Perhaps Sony will experience a resurgence next generation.

What I'm saying is, and you're missing the point completely, is that sales numbers do not equal quality in your product. Simple. I do not view the 360 as the same caliber as the PS3. McDonalds may pump out 6 billion burgers a day, but those burgers are garbage on a bun. Once you've played everything that both have to offer and weight the pro's and cons....it's not even. You can tell which company wanted to provide the best, and which one wanted to crank out the numbers.

Microsoft came hard with Gears, Halo 4 and the Halo series in general...but as for everything else...heavy reliance on 3rd party software and faulty hardware with less features...color me unimpressed by their success.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-08-2012 at 03:02.

Forum Sage
    What I'm saying is, and you're missing the point completely, is that sales numbers do not equal quality in your product. Simple. I do not view the 360 as the same caliber as the PS3. McDonalds may pump out 6 billion burgers a day, but those burgers are garbage on a bun. Once you've played everything that both have to offer and weight the pro's and cons....it's not even. You can tell which company wanted to provide the best, and which one wanted to crank out the numbers.

Microsoft came hard with Gears, Halo 4 and the Halo series in general...but as for everything else...heavy reliance on 3rd party software and faulty hardware with less features...color me unimpressed by their success.
    You can complain about sales not equaling quality for nearly everything. But it doesn't matter. Sales are what matters most. You may have a particular opinion, but it is not shared by the masses.

I'll take microsoft's attempt to cover all the bases over sony's .

Hell you should be grateful for the 360's hardware issues, it shifted people's attention away from hardware issues with the BC PS3's.

Veteran
    You can complain about sales not equaling quality for nearly everything. But it doesn't matter. Sales are what matters most. You may have a particular opinion, but it is not shared by the masses.

I'll take microsoft's attempt to cover all the bases over sony's .

Hell you should be grateful for the 360's hardware issues, it shifted people's attention away from hardware issues with the BC PS3's.
    Just saying, the American people don't know jack **** when it comes to what's good for them. Give them some pretty colors, a low price and a gimmick and they're easily pleased. Be it food or gaming hardware. lol Sony worked hard for the gamer this generation, which is much more than I can say for the other hardware manufacturers. They focused on generating those sales numbers...that are "oh so important." Just by looking at the amount of money Sony poured into quality game production this generation shows where their heart was. With us.

What I find most ironic about all the Sony haters this generation is that Sony tried their damnedest to produce the most intense, beautiful, and quality gaming experiences on a home platform to the consumer, and it got pushed away like a two year old being picky. Definitely not going to bite the hand that feeds me the good stuff.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-08-2012 at 03:26.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Apparently they don't know jack **** because Sony didn't want to tell 'em.

Veteran
    Apparently they don't know jack **** because Sony didn't want to tell 'em.
    Precisely! I agree. Very little marketing.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    PRICE, plain and simple. The hardcore camp out buy at release fans are out number by the parents buying the system and the ones on budget. Xbox was cheaper and offered a good amount of games. When prices started dropping and Tommy parents wanted to buy him a gaming system he wanted Xbox because his friends have it so they can all play together. This spread into big numbers. If the PS4 is more expensive at launch than Xbox then it will happen again, tho by now MS has a loyal fan base in States and because Tommy had an Xbox before, he will get one again.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

22. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Just saying, the American people don't know jack **** when it comes to what's good for them. Give them some pretty colors, a low price and a gimmick and they're easily pleased. Be it food or gaming hardware. lol Sony worked hard for the gamer this generation, which is much more than I can say for the other hardware manufacturers. They focused on generating those sales numbers...that are "oh so important." Just by looking at the amount of money Sony poured into quality game production this generation shows where their heart was. With us.

What I find most ironic about all the Sony haters this generation is that Sony tried their damnedest to produce the most intense, beautiful, and quality gaming experiences on a home platform to the consumer, and it got pushed away like a two year old being picky. Definitely not going to bite the hand that feeds me the good stuff.
    Only sony could overdo it and go from the success they had with the ps2 to where they are today with the ps3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah its pretty lame to not be able to use Netflix or even the 360 web browser without having to pay for a gold subscription. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/.../04/ie-on-xbox
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 04:13.

Forum Sage
    Yeah its pretty lame to not be able to use Netflix or even the 360 web browser without having to pay for a gold subscription. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/.../04/ie-on-xbox
    People complained that Gold didn't give you much value. So when MS makes certain features exclusive to gold subs people complain.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    People complained that Gold didn't give you much value. So when MS makes certain features exclusive to gold subs people complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I think being charged to play online is crap too. 360 is the only platform that does that.

Forum Sage
    I think being charged to play online is crap too. 360 is the only platform that does that.
    Live is also a successful/profitable platform.

And it would be rather hard to charge for PSN and nintendo's online service when xbl is as good as it is.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Only sony could overdo it and go from the success they had with the ps2 to where they are today with the ps3.
    Never understand statements like these. Sony keeps neck and neck (more or less) with a cheaper console released a year earlier during the transition gen from SD to HD. I think keeping up with a strong, cheap and well marketed competitor is about as much success as any company could expect in this gens shifting climate.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Thread Information