Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Never understand statements like these. Sony keeps neck and neck (more or less) with a cheaper console released a year earlier during the transition gen from SD to HD. I think keeping up with a strong, cheap and well marketed competitor is about as much success as any company could expect in this gens shifting climate.
    Yep exactly.^ And the sales gap is pretty narrow so its not like MS is dominating the console market or anything. Yet despite that all we keep hearing is "but teh sales." Thats why the hardcore 360 fans only like to talk about US numbers. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 04:47.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Live is also a successful/profitable platform. And it would be rather hard to charge for PSN and nintendo's online service when xbl is as good as it is.
    Whats better about it? Cross game voice chat? I've used both services extensively and thats about the only thing that I can see.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Whats better about it? Cross game voice chat? I've used both services extensively and thats about the only thing that I can see.
    Better features is better features. Live is a helluva lot better than Sony's online integration. Oh wait, they don't have that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Better features is better features. Live is a helluva lot better than Sony's online integration. Oh wait, they don't have that.
    Yeah I agree but if youre just looking to jump into a game and play online then it really isnt much different. I guess if youre somebody who is a hardcore online multiplayer guy and not much else than yeah I could see the features appealing to them. But if youre somebody who mostly plays SP and only does MP time to time then PSN does the job nicely and for free.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Great online features and multiplayer functionality or shit loads of content for your PS3 and Vita...Both services offer something unique.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Great online features and multiplayer functionality or shit loads of content for your PS3 and Vita...Both services offer something unique.
    In that regard, you pay for either of them. Which is why I do just that.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    ITs mostly USA people that give shit about numbers.
    Most threads started to do with sales numbers are made by Americans, I have noticed this many times over the last 5 or so years I have been a member.

Ad to be honest I really do not give a shit who sells the most as long as I have fun.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

8. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Yep exactly.^ And the sales gap is pretty narrow so its not like MS is dominating the console market or anything. Yet despite that all we keep hearing is "but teh sales." Thats why the hardcore 360 fans only like to talk about US numbers. lol
    Sony keeps neck and neck because MS cares more about profits than utterly dominating the competition.

Remember, the 360 became profitable in 08, MS could have easily reduced its profit margins (or even sold the 360 at cost) to expedite the price reductions which would have utterly gutted sony and likely made a significant dent in wii sales. Instead MS decided to maintain profits as much as possible and rely on end of year sales/promotions to give consumers a temp. discount.

MS is satisfied with their performance this gen, they essentially consider it over.

Funny how people like to mention how Americans like to talk numbers when I hear a lot of people still talking about Japan and its importance in console sales.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Exactly.Here's a question: How did MS fail to support its console with more games than Sony when it was in a financially superior position with hardware that was easier to code for? We could ask these questions all day or we could play games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    did they fail to support it or did they realise they did not have to waste 10s of millions on games people would not buy the way Sony have...
    Yes and Yes

Too Human hit MS hard. It cost between 60-80 million and it failed big time.
    Alan Wake sold like crap on the 360 and it was in development for quite some time. PC saved Remedy's ass by making the Alan Wake series profitable.
    Shadow Run failed
    Crackdown 2 failed

Those titles are why MS deemed it wasn't worth sinking money into a new i.p because they seem to fail everytime. Gears, fable, Halo and forza(and 3rd party of course) worked well for MS but the 360 was on the decline before their kinect gamble paid off and the ps3 was outselling it by a few million each year. If kinect would have failed, the 360 would be in 3rd place now. But since we are obviously not talking about kinect/move or psn/live("10's of millions"), read below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    In terms of exclusives. Even if Sony brings out a game that has a fanbase of a couple hundred thousand or ends up not selling as much as they would like: so long as they make even a slight bit of money on it means it is a worthy investment due to continued diversity in their PS3 catalogue of games.

For example Jaffe said that Twisted Metal was profitable. So despite the game apparently not selling that well, it at least catered to those old school TM fans and possibly found new fans in there too.

It's as though if a game doesn't sell millions of copies it's a failure, which is not the case. I think they should be commended for green lighting risky projects, or games that will clearly not achieve huge amounts of revenue.

Sure there is some stupidity in amongst a lot of decisions they make, and their marketing could be a lot better as has already been mentioned. But game-wise the more the better. Sony already has their big selling games
    Adding on to Nitey's post and answering your "failed support" question when it comes to "10's of millions" big budget games on the 360.

Microsoft's exclusives that received sequels/prequels are gears(new i.p), halo, fable, forza. Feel free to add any missing data. Correct me if I'm wrong, Yung.

Sony's exclusives that received sequels/prequels. Infamous(new i.p.), Killzone, Little big planet(new i.p.), God of War, Resistance(new i.p.), Yakuza, gran turisimo, Uncharted(new i.p.), MLB: The show, Motorstorm(new i.p.), Ratchet & Clank, Heavy Rain(new i.p.).

The developers of Infamous, killzone and heavy rain and uncharted are being allowed to make a new i.p.

Failed support(from your big budget "10's of millions" perspective)? Hell yes. That's one big budget new i.p. for 7 years that the people decided was worthy of a damn on the 360.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 12-08-2012 at 05:52.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

11. Likes Nitey , MartyRules wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Two4DaMoney nailed it. 'Nuff said. And as long as Sony keeps making exclusives like this one I'm more than happy.(scroll down a bit after the jump) http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5961612
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 08:05.

Forum Elder
    When someone says "games that people will not buy" surely he doesn't have to come in and explain that his argument doesn't include "games that people will buy". Especially when he already clarified it by saying "the way Sony have". So, games that Sony have made that people won't buy, doesn't include games that Sony made that people will buy. Hope that helps.
    i'm at a loss as to why Rad think anything other.

I don't see him referencing those games at all.
    true that.

Well his comment seemed like a blanket statement about PS3 exclusives period.
    not true at all. try reading it again.

There are other exclusives than those two. There are games that were developed on PS3, that cost tens of millions to develop, and didn't sell worth squat. Don't bring in games that everyone already knows sold well, are still selling, to try and overshadow an argument that has plenty of merit.
    again. true.

Dont tell me what to bring or dont bring. We are talking about PS3 exclusives period. Dont try to cherry pick only the ones that did poorly. It isnt like 360 never had any poor selling exclusives. Games like Too Human for example. Youre doing the same exact thing that youre trying to accuse me of. Trying to overshadow something I brought up that has merit. I love your double standards.
    you are not understanding my point at all, where as F34R appears to.

Well considering all the PS3 bashing Yungstar does on a regular basis here I took it as a blanket statement. With most other posters I would have taken how you did. I go by each members posting tendencies when reading their posts. Hope that helps.
    when have i bashed PS3? and please don't make excuses for not understanding my point. quite sad that you should.

Yeah its pretty lame to not be able to use Netflix or even the 360 web browser without having to pay for a gold subscription. http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/.../04/ie-on-xbox
    you do have a point about the GOLD sub, but.... see my 1st post.

I think being charged to play online is crap too. 360 is the only platform that does that.
    crikies, hope your not 360 "bashing"...
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-08-2012 at 11:46. Reason: post merge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    TBH I'm surprised the whole RROD fiasco didn't do more damage to MS's image. There was a time when every other days my friends who owned 360s were getting RRODs it seemed. Most of them have switched to PS3s now.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Soldier 95B
    Well they also brag about the dead heat in Europe too. But they cry over Japan LOL.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    crikies, hope your not 360 "bashing"...

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Most threads started to do with sales numbers are made by Americans, I have noticed this many times over the last 5 or so years I have been a member.

Ad to be honest I really do not give a shit who sells the most as long as I have fun.

Now this right here is thumbs up for me although I will say I'm glad for Xbox 360 in the market it keeps Sony and Nintendo in check(Sony more so) cause now they realize never to do what they did again with PS3 or at least I hope they do.

As a gamer I love playing, but I'm not going to waste my money on $600 or $500 console for that matter when that could buy me something else or go to something else more worth my time.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    TBH I'm surprised the whole RROD fiasco didn't do more damage to MS's image. There was a time when every other days my friends who owned 360s were getting RRODs it seemed. Most of them have switched to PS3s now.

Sorry for the double post, but Sony didn't pounce on that when they should have cause the moment you tell parents a product is defective they'll probably buy the next best thing, but now that I think about it again next best thing was Wii(much lower cost at that point then either PS3 or 360.

The only thing I hope Sony and Microsoft learned from this stop releasing so many damn SKU's that made me mad more than a little cause you confuse people not everyone is a gamer, and trying to explain this to parents who don't give a crap is even worse. Because with them they just want the best one not something inferior if you catch my drift.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    lol Yep exactly.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Have to disagree. In my years here it has been an equal range from Europe Japan and America. Ironically the person that makes most of the sales threads here is from Japan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    This is true, most people here even think most of the multiplat games are exclusive to 360 just because of the commercials they see only advertise for 360. The psn hack was also a big deal too, most people feel psn will just keep getting hacked and their service sucks while 360/live is unhackable
    Xbox Live was hacked...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by efs5030 View Post
    Xbox Live was hacked...

No it wasn't.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by efs5030 View Post
    Xbox Live was hacked...

I'm saying that's what people think. They feel paying the 50 a year makes it unhackable

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Sage
    I'm saying that's what people think. They feel paying the 50 a year makes it unhackable
    Nobody said that. But it hasn't happened yet.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Nobody said that. But it hasn't happened yet.
    I'm not saying here, I have actually had people in real life that I know tell me that live would never be hacked because they pay that 50 a year for better protection

Forum Sage
    I'm not saying here, I have actually had people in real life that I know tell me that live would never be hacked because they pay that 50 a year for better protection

Yeah, well there are people that believe that mac's are immune to all malware and are superior in every way to windows pc's. (despite using the same hardware components).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Ya that was my point, I'm not arguing if it has or hasn't been hacked. A lot of people bought into live/360 because "THEY" felt it was unhackable

Thread Information