Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Yeah, well there are people that believe that mac's are immune to all malware and are superior in every way to windows pc's. (despite using the same hardware components).

I laugh at those people, and then realize the reason they feel like Apple never gets hacked is because it's the it thing, and then I facepalm. But I give Apple this they know how to market.

As for the topic at hand one other thing that hurt Sony was the push to buy Made in America I don't know if anyone has said that.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    I laugh at those people, and then realize the reason they feel like Apple never gets hacked is because it's the it thing, and then I facepalm. But I give Apple this they know how to market.

As for the topic at hand one other thing that hurt Sony was the push to buy Made in America I don't know if anyone has said that.
    The 360 is made in china like the ps3.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    The 360 is made in china like the ps3.
    Maybe so, but you know it's Microsoft so they consider MS America you know how that goes, and I will admit I didn't know that, but at least now I do.

Forum Sage
    Maybe so, but you know it's Microsoft so they consider MS America you know how that goes, and I will admit I didn't know that, but at least now I do.
    You could say similar things about the Japanese. Nintendo and sony do fine there, but MS never had a chance. Even when they actually tried to cater to the Japanese gaming market.

Sony/nintendo/sega did fine in the US before the xbox showed up. The 360 just did a better job of catering to the American gamer than sony or nintendo this gen.

Master Guru
    I think the PS3 is widely considered the best overall console these days. Even in the states.

I've heard from lots of late adopters that dropped the 360 like a bad habit and now game exclusively on the PS3. I don't personally have a lot of friends who own a PS3 but this is just what i heard from others.

Plus, the 360 was shipped out with faulty hardware. Lots of people, myself included had to go out and shell out another $400 to replace the console. Some even more than once. So the 360's sales have been boosted by that. Just like the PS2's sales were boosted by the DRR.

In the end both consoles are neck and neck in popularity. I wouldn't put much value into numbers that may or may not be skewed. Just do what i do. Enjoy the games.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I think the PS3 is widely considered the best overall console these days. Even in the states.

I've heard from lots of late adopters that dropped the 360 like a bad habit and now game exclusively on the PS3. I don't personally have a lot of friends who own a PS3 but this is just what i heard from others.

Plus, the 360 was shipped out with faulty hardware. Lots of people, myself included had to go out and shell out another $400 to replace the console. Some even more than once. So the 360's sales have been boosted by that. Just like the PS2's sales were boosted by the DRR.

In the end both consoles are neck and neck in popularity. I wouldn't put much value into numbers that may or may not be skewed. Just do what i do. Enjoy the games.
    Based on what? What makes you think that?

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Well for the 360 to outsell the PS3+Vita by 70,000 units over Black Friday says something, I'm not sure if it's marketing which Sony has improved on as of late but something isn't right. Sony has more games out right now, the 360 hasn't launched anything new and has been focusing on other things besides gaming, doesn't seem right
    Last edited by Shin Asura; 12-15-2012 at 21:20.

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Soldier 95B
    Wow a ton of inaccurate info being spread here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    Well for the 360 to outsell the PS3+Vita by 70,000 units over Black Friday says something, I'm not sure if it's marketing which Sony has improved on as of late but something isn't right. Sony has more games out right now, the 360 hasn't launched anything new and has been focusing on other things besides gaming, doesn't seem right
    Prices it's that simple Ps3 costing $199 vs. Wii(original or 360 you can get what like $100 now?

Same with the Vita $250 or 3DS for like $169 it's even worse on Handheld's for the simple fact just thinking about Parents spending $249 for a Vita that's only handheld is insane. Especially if you could get something that might make your money go farther.
    Last edited by Arimax; 12-15-2012 at 21:35.

It was marketing plus couple with the fact when you look at these upcoming months for the Big 3 although I realize Wii U is out. PS3 still cost like $200 correct I haven't been paying attention I'll admit, but right now you can get a Wii at what $90 and even a 360 old or new around $100-150 or something.

Plus there were games that could have been advertised a helluva lot better than they were throwing out random games I've played Flower and Journey in fact I think even Little Big Planet(series) could have been better advertised those games are freaking awesome.

Then someone hit the nail on the head Sony doesn't advertise on major networks I don't know how many times I've caught myself saying I want a 360 for Halo 4 after watching it on ESPN over and over again.
    Wii is $129.99
    360 4gb is $199
    360 250gb is $249
    PS3 160gb is $239
    PS3 super slim is $269

Not sure where you got those prices from.

11. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    To be fair its a bit shortsighted to judge a consoles success based on the sales from just one territory. When you look outside the US the situation becomes a lot less one sided.

Super Elite
    For me it is brand image. I think with the next Playstation Sony should say, "right we need to make our product more recognisable with a completley different look". IMHO I think that the Xbox brand is more 21st Century and it integrates well with the concept of the console.

Microsoft are also in the PC market so they can build better software for their desired console while Sony struggle.

The launch price of the two consoles. When a customer goes to see the price of a console and realises it costs more than the other, it sticks with them until the customer eventually buys a machine.

Plus American's tend to buy American only products.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by gearsx8 View Post
    Wii is $129.99
    360 4gb is $199
    360 250gb is $249
    PS3 160gb is $239
    PS3 super slim is $269

Not sure where you got those prices from.
    What happened to the 12GB PS3?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Soldier 95B
    I didn't think we get the 12gb model in the US?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I didn't think we get the 12gb model in the US?
    Yeah that's what I was wondering.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    For me it is brand image. I think with the next Playstation Sony should say, "right we need to make our product more recognisable with a completley different look". IMHO I think that the Xbox brand is more 21st Century and it integrates well with the concept of the console. Microsoft are also in the PC market so they can build better software for their desired console while Sony struggle. The launch price of the two consoles. When a customer goes to see the price of a console and realises it costs more than the other, it sticks with them until the customer eventually buys a machine. Plus American's tend to buy American only products.
    Do they? Last gen NA was Sony's biggest market with the PS2 so I dont agree with that statement at all. Record breaking sales in NA. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-sales-record/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-20-2012 at 20:44.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Do they? Last gen NA was Sony's biggest market with the PS2 so I dont agree with that statement at all. Record breaking sales in NA. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-sales-record/
    guess Sony have lost a huge amount of market share to 360.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yes Sony has. MS hit 7th gen as a powerful competitor and did well to steal Sony's thunder.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yes Sony has. MS hit 7th gen as a powerful competitor and did well to steal Sony's thunder.
    Got to wonder how. No free online, faulty machines and a lack of exclusives.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Got to wonder how. No free online, faulty machines and a lack of exclusives.
    MS was the pioneer of 7th gen by releasing first. A whole year of being the sole HD gaming console, with games like Gears to show off what HD could mean for gaming set up a lot of momentum. I think MS did well early on for exclusives, seeing as every game was an exclusive . The circumstances were right to put MS in a position to start the gen strongly.

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    They caught Sony with their pants down. Check-mate

Forum Elder
    MS was the pioneer of 7th gen by releasing first. A whole year of being the sole HD gaming console, with games like Gears to show off what HD could mean for gaming set up a lot of momentum. I think MS did well early on for exclusives, seeing as every game was an exclusive . The circumstances were right to put MS in a position to start the gen strongly.
    looks like those same circumstances are about to happen again, this time perhaps minus the RRoD..

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    The first gen 360s weren't HD, infact I remember microsoft calling Sony crazy that games won't reach 720-1080p and didn't even have an hdmi output. They saw ps3 was capable of it and added the hdmi to all later models

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    The first gen 360s weren't HD, infact I remember microsoft calling Sony crazy that games won't reach 720-1080p and didn't even have an hdmi output. They saw ps3 was capable of it and added the hdmi to all later models

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    guess Sony have lost a huge amount of market share to 360.
    American marketshare, yeah definitely. In fact to say Americans just buy American products besides being untrue as can be seen by the PS2 numbers in the link also downplays the accomplishment of the Xbox brand this generation. Sony entered this gen $#@!y and arrogant and they understimated their competition. In the US they are being heavily outsold by the 360 and in Japan by Nintendo.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-21-2012 at 21:42.

Thread Information