Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 130
  1. #101
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,973
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,809 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The fact that they are now neck and neck is a testament to both their offerings and strategy.

  2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  3. #102
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    The first gen 360s weren't HD, infact I remember microsoft calling Sony crazy that games won't reach 720-1080p and didn't even have an hdmi output. They saw ps3 was capable of it and added the hdmi to all later models
    They were HD. They just didnt have HDMI ports.

  4. #103
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The fact that they are now neck and neck is a testament to both their offerings and strategy.
    Very true. I was referring more to US sales since the topic was regarding "the states" But yes I do agree with you.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-22-2012 at 00:18.

  5. #104
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,973
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,809 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Very true. I was referring more to US sales since the topic was regarding "the states" But yes I do agree with you.

    Oh yeah, it's not general sales...Guess it's time for bed soon. lol

    lol especially when I click edit instead of reply...

  6. #105
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    The first gen 360s weren't HD, infact I remember microsoft calling Sony crazy that games won't reach 720-1080p and didn't even have an hdmi output. They saw ps3 was capable of it and added the hdmi to all later models




    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    American marketshare, yeah definitely. In fact to say Americans just buy American products besides being untrue as can be seen by the PS2 numbers in the link also downplays the accomplishment of the Xbox brand this generation. Sony entered this gen $#@!y and arrogant and they understimated their competition. In the US they are being heavily outsold by the 360 and in Japan by Nintendo.
    American and European Marketshare has been dented by the Xbox, big time. Japan, no dents, no scratches, not even a tick mark lol.

  7. #106
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A dent yeah but not domination like in the US so you cant really compare those two territories.

  8. #107
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,763 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    They were HD. They just didnt have HDMI ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    .
    They were upscaled and MS publically said that console games(at the time) would not be able to reach true HD. I remember there being abunch of articles on it
    Last edited by MartyRules; 12-22-2012 at 02:32.

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  9. #108
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    They were upscaled and MS publically said that console games(at the time) would not be able to reach true HD. I remember there being abunch of articles on it
    Can you provide a link?

  10. #109
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,763 (0 Banked)
    Tried finding some, but there's so much clutter floating around. Closes thing I found to it was just an microsoft employing calling true hd meaningless and that 360 doesn't need it with 720 being a sweet spot, I do remember someone higher up saying something different, but other than that I just came across developers and companies trashing MS for their HDDvD squander and such. Looking so far back was pretty funny, found an article saying 360 might break 3million, looking back just seems funny

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  11. #110
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The fact that they are now neck and neck is a testament to both their offerings and strategy.
    then i guess its testament to just how bad Sony's strategy has been to go from record breaking sales to where they are now in comparison to its two competitors. quite shocking really.

  12. #111
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    They were upscaled and MS publically said that console games(at the time) would not be able to reach true HD. I remember there being abunch of articles on it
    360 was 720p from the get go, MS always said they would provide hdmi when there was a need for it (i.e. more than single digit HD TV growth) and 1080p came with a fall dashboard update, a good few years ago.

  13. #112
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    A dent yeah but not domination like in the US so you cant really compare those two territories.
    Well MS went from zero marketshare to nearly half the marketshare in Europe. That is still a sizeable dent.

    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    They were upscaled and MS publically said that console games(at the time) would not be able to reach true HD. I remember there being abunch of articles on it
    Nope. The Xbox 360 supported native 720p from day one. However, 1080p support was added later when MS saw demand for it



    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

  14. #113
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Zero marketshare? So youre saying original Xbox didnt sell a single unit in Europe?

  15. #114
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    then i guess its testament to just how bad Sony's strategy has been to go from record breaking sales to where they are now in comparison to its two competitors. quite shocking really.
    It also shows that despite a year head start MS hasnt been able to maintain a large lead worldwide and only dominates one territory. Both companies should be doing better. I dont think we'll see PS2 level domination from either company ever.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-22-2012 at 19:12.

  16. #115
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Zero marketshare? So youre saying original Xbox didnt sell a single unit in Europe?
    I was talking Xbox as a brand. Sony had PS1 and PS2 penetration in Europe. Xbox started with zero when they came out against the PS2 in Europe. PS2 was out in 2000 where as the Xbox came out in 2002 in Europe.

    However, if the Xbox 360 is near 30 million units in Europe and PAL combined (or a couple million less), that is a huge cry from the 6 million the Xbox original did. 30 > 6.


  17. #116
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It also shows that despite a year head start MS hasnt been able to maintain a large lead worldwide and only dominates one territory. Both companies should be doing better. I dont think we'll see PS2 level domination from either company ever.
    i'm thinking that MS will be well pleased with its market share this gen and Sony will be anything but.

    as for both doing better... really? Sony have lost a huge amount of market share to MS.

    i'd agree that we will not see PS2 levels of domination, but to have such an impact against the market leader is something that not a single person (outside of MS) would have thought when 360 arrived. and i'm sure that by now most thought PS3 would be sailing away in the sales charts.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 12-22-2012 at 21:02.

  18. #117
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I was talking Xbox as a brand. Sony had PS1 and PS2 penetration in Europe. Xbox started with zero when they came out against the PS2 in Europe. PS2 was out in 2000 where as the Xbox came out in 2002 in Europe. However, if the Xbox 360 is near 30 million units in Europe and PAL combined (or a couple million less), that is a huge cry from the 6 million the Xbox original did. 30 > 6.
    Ok, but taking this gen on its own merit 360 isnt leading by much worldwide and is only dominating in the US. Yes, the Xbox brand has made great strides this gen compared to last but despite having a year head start it has failed to maintain the large lead that it once has worldwide over the PS3. So again taking this gen on its own merit 360 isnt dominating Europe like it is in the US so the sales of 360 in Europe arent really comparable to the 360 sales in the US. So this gen on its own merit isnt seeing 360 doing anything special outside of the US. 360 should after 7 years have an installed userbase at least matching the Wii. Nintendo are the ones laughing the loudest this gen.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-22-2012 at 21:15.

  19. #118
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'm thinking that MS will be well pleased with its market share this gen and Sony will be anything but. as for both doing better... really? Sony have lost a huge amount of market share to MS. i'd agree that we will not see PS2 levels of domination, but to have such an impact against the market leader is something that not a single person (outside of MS) would have thought when 360 arrived. and i'm sure that by now most thought PS3 would be sailing away in the sales charts.
    I think both HD consoles should have at least a Wii level installed userbase after 7 years on the market so yeah they should both be doing better. I do agree however that MS is alot happier with how this gen has turned out than Sony is despite what the Sony PR machine is saying.

  20. #119
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yes, the Xbox brand has made great strides this gen compared to last
    thats the only reel answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    but despite having a year head start it has failed to maintain the large lead that it once has worldwide over the PS3.
    i'd imagine the only reason for that is Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So again taking this gen on its own merit 360 isnt dominating Europe like it is in the US so the sales of 360 in Europe arent really comparable to the 360 sales in the US. So this gen on its own merit isnt seeing 360 doing anything special outside of the US.
    its like your ignoring the fact that MS have sold way more 360's than xbox's.
    360 has took market share away from Sony who were in a commanding position everywhere last gen and to try and spin it the way you are trying is... as Spok would say... "illogical".

  21. #120
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I think both HD consoles should have at least a Wii level installed userbase after 7 years on the market so yeah they should both be doing better. I do agree however that MS is alot happier with how this gen has turned out than Sony is despite what the Sony PR machine is saying.
    different markets for wii and the HD consoles, at least until Move and Kinect arrived.

    i'm sure that if there was no 3rd console, then PS3 would be able to achieve a wii user-base level. but 360 eating into the Sony user-base would have had a big impact on that, apart from Japan of course.

  22. #121
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its like youre ignoring the fact that I acknowledged that the Xbox brand has made great strides this gen compared to last gen in one of your posts despite you quoting me saying that in another. So how did I ignore the fact that the Xbox brand did better this gen than last? But if you take this gen on its own merit like youre refusing to do because it doesn't suit your argument, the 360 is not dominating the PS3 despite the one year lead and even getting former PS 3rd party exclusives over to it as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-22-2012 at 21:35.

  23. #122
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    different markets for wii and the HD consoles, at least until Move and Kinect arrived. i'm sure that if there was no 3rd console, then PS3 would be able to achieve a wii user-base level. but 360 eating into the Sony user-base would have had a big impact on that, apart from Japan of course.
    I still think after 7 years on the market they both should have done better. But I already acknowledged the fact that MS is happier with the results of this gen than Sony is.

  24. #123
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Ok, but taking this gen on its own merit 360 isnt leading by much worldwide and is only dominating in the US. Yes, the Xbox brand has made great strides this gen compared to last but despite having a year head start it has failed to maintain the large lead that it once has worldwide over the PS3. So again taking this gen on its own merit 360 isnt dominating Europe like it is in the US so the sales of 360 in Europe arent really comparable to the 360 sales in the US. So this gen on its own merit isnt seeing 360 doing anything special outside of the US. 360 should after 7 years have an installed userbase at least matching the Wii. Nintendo are the ones laughing the loudest this gen.
    Oh, I agree there. The PS3 isn't doing anything special outside Japan, and the 360 isn't doing anything special outside the US.

    And yup, Nintendo wins it all.

  25. #124
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Oh, I agree there. The PS3 isn't doing anything special outside Japan, and the 360 isn't doing anything special outside the US. And yup, Nintendo wins it all.
    Yep and thats all I was really trying to say.

  26. #125
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    The PS3 is doing $#@! in Japan. 8m lifetime sales is laughable and confirms that Japan has moved on to Nintendo handhelds mostly, as opposed to power hungry hd consoles

    So guys, PS3 is doing nothing special everywhere then?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.