Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Wellllllll................... That's why I used the argument that 120 fps for a game is totally unnecessary. Since minimum of 60 fps is enough.

._.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Wellllllll................... That's why I used the argument that 120 fps for a game is totally unnecessary. Since minimum of 60 fps is enough.

._.
    If you have massive slowdown, you won't notice with 120 FPS. Sure, it seems like overkill, but I prefer overkill when I'm trying to annihilate people online.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Sage

._.
    I don't agree with that at all. to me 120fps is completely necessary, why do you think i bought a 120Hz monitor. I tend to try and get my games to run atleast 90fps. I don't need no slow downs in my life

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I don't need no slow downs in my life
    Word.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

5. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    In terms of multiplayer higher FPS means more updates sent to server giving the server a more accurate picture of where you are and when & where you shot.

Ever hear of CS:S 100 tick servers? Well guess how many frames would be needed to take full advantage of those?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If you have massive slowdown, you won't notice with 120 FPS. Sure, it seems like overkill, but I prefer overkill when I'm trying to annihilate people online.
    Like I said, minimum 60 fps. I even said minimum 60 fps in my first post. Do you guys even read my whole comment ... How is 60 fps massive slowdown?

But I never really argued against buying a 690 as long as you have a ridiculous amount of money to just throw around.

I don't agree with that at all. to me 120fps is completely necessary, why do you think i bought a 120Hz monitor. I tend to try and get my games to run atleast 90fps. I don't need no slow downs in my life
    I guess you read half a comment too... =/
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 20:31.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    edit double post

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Like I said, minimum 60 fps. I even said minimum 60 fps in my first post. Do you guys even read my whole comment ... How is 60 fps massive slowdown?
    Well yeah... minimum 60 is definitely more than okay. I meant if you're at 60 and you experience massive slowdown from 60 it would be noticeable... so yes I agree... I wouldn't like it to drop below 60.

60 FPS is definitely not "massive slowdown"... it's quite fast.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    O man, Americans and their basically non existant taxes ;p 399 USD is considered an amazing deal for 670 in Sweden :P I got mine for 358 USD and that was with 25% off ontop of christmas deal ._.
    WOW! That's a ton of money for a card. Ouch. I feel for ya.

Elite Sage

I guess you read half a comment too... =/
    ._.
    No. I read your whole comment. My reply was that 120Fps is necessary.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by boybettaknow View Post
    no. I read your whole comment. My reply was that 120fps is necessary.
    lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    No. I read your whole comment. My reply was that 120Fps is necessary.
    I never mentioned anything about slow downs though, yet you were somehow implying that I did in your reply. My argument was that a 670 gives 60+ fps, meaning not under 60 fps. So your "slow down in my life" reply was out of context. Because of the fact that most people don't consider 60 fps minimum being a slowdown. So you read one post, which is half my argument. Next time read more than just one comment in a discussion to get the whole picture.

And no offence, but you're just greedy, that's why you think 120 fps is "necessary", when for most people it's obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    lol.
    Look you have a cheerleader dude.

And yes I am a bit annoyed since I was pretty clear with my argument, but you guys didn't bother reading it. Resulting in a retarded argument.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 21:49.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    What's funny is how butt-hurt your are over this. I also fail to see how wanting more frames per second is greedy. If someone can afford to buy a better graphics card, that doesn't make them greedy. And even higher end graphics cards don't really cost that much. If you could afford it without any issues, you'd buy it too. Besides... the GPUs that seem "overkill" right now won't be in a couple years. That's how the gaming world works. Games are always putting graphics cards to the test.
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-10-2012 at 22:14.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Okay now you're just being an ass. Looks like you're atleast equally affected by this retarded argument. You were so obviously being a suckup to this dude, even though he's pretty incoherent. I don't really know what that says about you. That's you're also butthurt? And just the fact that you call me butthurt after I've clearly stated that I'm annoyed for a valid reason, proves how much you suck at comprehension. Which also clarifies why you're being his little loverboy.

And also, the fact that you're saying he's not greedy, and that "if you had the money you'd buy it too" further confirms the fact that you (along with the other guy) still haven't gotten my argument through your skull. I clearly said, in my earlier posts that if you have ridculous amounts of money to spend, then by all means buy a 690. I also clearly said it's better to have higher fps. But for $#@!s sake, it's still not the same as necessary. Which was the word I used all along.

120 fps is not necessary to most people, that is my argument.

Man o man. In a place with so many nice and happy people, there always has to be atleast one or two complete $#@!s.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 23:07.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    No, you're being a little $#@!.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    $#@!. Douche. Go away.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    You're silly, but I still love you.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Yeah whatever.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Grats again on your new rig. Sorry for all this argument flinging.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    You're forgiven I guess, and thank you.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 23:19.

Elite Sage

Okay now you're just being an ass. Looks like you're atleast equally affected by this retarded argument. You were so obviously being a suckup to this dude, even though he's pretty incoherent. I don't really know what that says about you. That's you're also butthurt? And just the fact that you call me butthurt after I've clearly stated that I'm annoyed for a valid reason, proves how much you suck at comprehension. Which also clarifies why you're being his little loverboy.

And also, the fact that you're saying he's not greedy, and that "if you had the money you'd buy it too" further confirms the fact that you (along with the other guy) still haven't gotten my argument through your skull. I clearly said, in my earlier posts that if you have ridculous amounts of money to spend, then by all means buy a 690. I also clearly said it's better to have higher fps. But for $#@!s sake, it's still not the same as necessary. Which was the word I used all along.

120 fps is not necessary to most people, that is my argument.

Man o man. In a place with so many nice and happy people, there always has to be atleast one or two complete $#@!s.

Due to my incoherent posting I'll keep it simple. I'm not saying that it's necessary for everyone, I am saying its necessary for me. I never said otherwise. As I always say, I like it going around 90 so if there are moments where it slows down it should still remain above 60

Hope you were able to decipher my message.

BBK. Tapatalking

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Nice setup man, that should manhandle just about every game in typical situations!

24. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Nice setup man, that should manhandle just about every game in typical situations!
    Thanks dude I still haven't built it though, because I had to send back the RAM. It was too tall for my Noctua. So I ordered a few Low Profile Vengeance, and they're coming later today or tomorrow =) I'll update you guys with some pics later when I built it ^^

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Post also some of the benchmarking results.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Thanks dude I still haven't built it though, because I had to send back the RAM. It was too tall for my Noctua. So I ordered a few Low Profile Vengeance, and they're coming later today or tomorrow =) I'll update you guys with some pics later when I built it ^^
    You're most certainly welcome!

Clearance issues suck. Often times hard to really see if something will fit before actually having it in hand, glad with my build right now I haven't had any issues (other than wanting more!) I just recently added a closed loop corsair water cooler for the cpu, and I have a Christmas present of a second water cooler coming. Got a customized red video card bracket being built so I can pop the water cooler onto my video card

Thread Information