Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)

    Just got a new gaming PC!

    Hey guys!

    Just bought my first gaming PC in like 5 years. I got this stuff:

    Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Socket 1155 Box
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB DDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCIe
    Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/CL9/VENGEANCE
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Z77 4xDDR3 Socket 1155 ATX
    Corsair Power Supply 650W New TX650 80 Plus Bronze
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU-kylare S1155/1156/1366/775/AM2/AM3
    Cooler Master HAF 922 XM Tower No PSU Black w/ Red LED fan ATX

    Got all for just shy of 750 euros / 970 USD. It was thanks to a 25% off sale code I got for a specific net store.

    Most games should be NP right ? (:

  2. #2
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,655
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    3,165 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you could blaze any game Maxed out with that setup the 670 is a Sweet card judging by every review for it, hell I only got a Superclocked 570 card & can max out every game ive played on it

  3. #3
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    10,154 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Nah, you can't play shit with those settings. Good luck even running the Sims, man.


  4. #4
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darkest Dungeon
    Posts
    13,026
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    31,118 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Congrats.
    May i ask why you chose that case?


    RIP Oculus Rift



  5. #5
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,450
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    16,440 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Congrats. You'll be able to play every game out there with not a single problem.




  6. Likes KungMartin90 wishes they had posted this first.
  7. #6
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,636
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,135 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Or Quake 1 with 2000FPS
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  8. Likes KungMartin90 wishes they had posted this first.
  9. #7
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Congrats.
    May i ask why you chose that case?
    Well I heard it's big and airy. And it also has a lot of space for cables to be tucked away.

    And thanks all for your replies =)

  10. #8
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darkest Dungeon
    Posts
    13,026
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    31,118 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Well I heard it's big and airy. And it also has a lot of space for cables to be tucked away.

    And thanks all for your replies =)
    If you wanted big and airy what made you choose that one over the HAF X?


    RIP Oculus Rift



  11. #9
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Because I heard the HAF XM is big enough =) And I wanted to save as much money as possible. That's also the reason I got CL9 RAM instead of CL7 ^^

    The HAF XM was like 70 euros, while the HAF X was like 90 euros. Also, the CL9 ram was half the price of CL7, which was about 20 euros.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 01:32.

  12. #10
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darkest Dungeon
    Posts
    13,026
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    31,118 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Because I heard the HAF XM is big enough =) And I wanted to save as much money as possible. That's also the reason I got CL9 RAM instead of CL7 ^^

    The HAF XM was like 70 euros, while the HAF X was like 100 euros. Also, the CL9 ram was half the price of CL7, which was about 20 euros.
    Alright. Thank you for the answers.
    I was just curious because i am upgrading my case to HAF X.


    RIP Oculus Rift



  13. #11
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Hey guys!

    Just bought my first gaming PC in like 5 years. I got this stuff:

    Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Socket 1155 Box
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB DDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCIe
    Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/CL9/VENGEANCE
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel Z77 4xDDR3 Socket 1155 ATX
    Corsair Power Supply 650W New TX650 80 Plus Bronze
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU-kylare S1155/1156/1366/775/AM2/AM3
    Cooler Master HAF 922 XM Tower No PSU Black w/ Red LED fan ATX

    Got all for just shy of 750 euros / 970 USD. It was thanks to a 25% off sale code I got for a specific net store.

    Most games should be NP right ? (:
    NICE RIG!!! I'm a little jealous here lol. Damn, I'm like a jar of jelly today.




  14. Likes KungMartin90 wishes they had posted this first.
  15. #12
    Dedicated Member
    PS3!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    2,672 (0 Banked)
    Nice pc! congrats I really want to upgrade my video card from the 560ti I currently have.. Hopefully ill find a good deal around the holidays. Ps also looking to get the 670
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

  16. Likes KungMartin90 wishes they had posted this first.
  17. #13
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3!!!!! View Post
    Nice pc! congrats I really want to upgrade my video card from the 560ti I currently have.. Hopefully ill find a good deal around the holidays. Ps also looking to get the 670
    Hope you get a nice deal =D Like I mentioned I got a 25% off on everything, including the 670. The original price was 310 euros, but i got it for 200 euros roughly

  18. #14
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Hope you get a nice deal =D Like I mentioned I got a 25% off on everything, including the 670. The original price was 310 euros, but i got it for 200 euros roughly
    Deals like that make me sing! lol. I HOPEFULLY will be upgrading my desktop from the 460 to the 670.




  19. #15
    Administrator
    PBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,905
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    108,449 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Games are going to beg for mercy with that new rig. Grats!
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

  20. Likes KungMartin90 wishes they had posted this first.
  21. #16
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Deals like that make me sing! lol. I HOPEFULLY will be upgrading my desktop from the 460 to the 670.
    Actually I was a bit off. It was 369 euros original price, and 25% cut price was 276 euros. ^^ Still awesome.

    Happy eventual upgrading (:
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 17:23.

  22. #17
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    28,698 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My friend just bought a 690 and it's making me rather jealous. I don't like doing frivolous spending on my credit card but god am i tempted

  23. #18
    Administrator
    PBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,905
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    108,449 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    My friend just bought a 690 and it's making me rather jealous. I don't like doing frivolous spending on my credit card but god am i tempted
    Nothing is worth spending needlessly with your credit card unless it's a dire emergency.
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

  24. Likes BBK.. wishes they had posted this first.
  25. #19
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    690 is, unlike 670, overkill. The only reason you should buy a 690 is if you have ridiculous amount of money to just spend away.

    I bought my stuff thanks to other ppl's help, who know more than me. But just recently I read up on the graphics card, and apparently I'll easily get 60+ fps in (for example) Battlefield 3 with 1080p and all settings maxed out even during chaos and 64 players. Whereas with a 690 you'll get double that fps, which is total overkill. Nice ofcourse, but not worth the price unless you have a bunch of spare money that you anyway don't need.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 12-10-2012 at 17:41.

  26. #20
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    39,352 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Nothing is worth spending needlessly with your credit card unless it's a dire emergency.
    Assuming in makes you carry a balance.....

  27. #21
    Administrator
    PBM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,905
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    108,449 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Assuming in makes you carry a balance.....
    ???
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

  28. #22
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    ???
    i lol'd

  29. #23
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Actually I was a bit off. It was 369 euros original price, and 25% cut price was 276 euros. ^^ Still awesome.

    Happy eventual upgrading (:
    So far, the one I've been seeing for me is $359-$399... so I hope to hell I find a discount lol. My 460 a year and half ago was $155.




  30. #24
    Superior Member
    KungMartin90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Age
    23
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    6,897 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So far, the one I've been seeing for me is $359-$399... so I hope to hell I find a discount lol. My 460 a year and half ago was $155.
    O man, Americans and their basically non existant taxes ;p 399 USD is considered an amazing deal for 670 in Sweden :P I got mine for 358 USD and that was with 25% off ontop of christmas deal ._.

  31. #25
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    28,698 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Nothing is worth spending needlessly with your credit card unless it's a dire emergency.
    This is sensible advice! I'll just save up for one, i'm in no rush. my 2 HD5870's are still playing games just fine. I may upgrade to Nvida's top tier GPU when the new consoles are released.

    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    690 is, unlike 670, overkill. The only reason you should buy a 690 is if you have ridiculous amount of money to just spend away.
    There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to PC gaming. For starters, you don't even know what he is running it with, he could have 3 monitors for all you know (he hasn't though ) so what is overkill to you isn't overkill to someone else.

    And as always, the better you buy, the further away you can delay upgrading.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.