Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Thing is, people will claim that because there is a MP attached to a game like this that it somehow takes away from the SP experience. Not sure about that myself. UC2 and 3 both had stellar SP experiences. The MP may be 'tacked on' to some but it does not take away from the campaign if their previous games are any indication. Again, ND supported UC3 mp extremely well. Huge updates and patches, modes etc

The nature of this particular game means that co-op online play could be extremely fun, can't wait to try it out myself

2. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Thing is, people will claim that because there is a MP attached to a game like this that it somehow takes away from the SP experience. Not sure about that myself. UC2 and 3 both had stellar SP experiences. The MP may be 'tacked on' to some but it does not take away from the campaign if their previous games are any indication. Again, ND supported UC3 mp extremely well. Huge updates and patches, modes etc The nature of this particular game means that co-op online play could be extremely fun, can't wait to try it out myself
    Totally agree. This is ND we're talking about here. I have total confidence in this game.

Ultimate Veteran
    Naughty Dog says the multiplayer portion won't hurt single-player:

The Last of Us developer Naughty Dog has defended its decision to include a multiplayer mode in the game, yesterday revealed in a list of pre-order bonuses.

The studio's community strategist Arne Meyer has hit back at fans who suggested that the mode's late announcement meant it was a "tacked on" addition.

"We don't approach MP in any of our games as tacked on," Meyer wrote (thanks, MP1st). "And we also always have separate teams working on the different components so that we can maintain full focus on making SP and MP up to our standards.

"And we have faith that our MP will stand on its own. If we felt like it would be tacked on, we wouldn't have added it. We want all our game experiences to be of the highest quality and that's what we work extremely hard to deliver."

Meyer also stressed that the time and money needed to develop the game's multiplayer had not been snaffled from its single-player team.

"MP has never taken away resources from the SP game in any of our games, always separate teams, separate resources. The folks working on the single player campaign always have the resources and support to complete that portion of the game to the vision they planned for.

"The SP portion of the game hasn't been skimped out on in any way."

The Last of Us is due for release next May. We've yet to see any footage of the multiplayer mode in action.
    via Eurogamer.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Can't wait for this and GTA V next year.

6. Likes rich15 likes this post
    Veteran
    Yeah...but MP is a cash cow. I can only take that so seriously, but not too worried since TLoU seems to have a good gameplay mechanic to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it'll be just fine.

Thread Information