Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: Skyrim help

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

Skyrim help

So I recently went back to Skyrim after a several month hiatus. I'm level 53 Reguard and have gone dual-wield 1 handers or shield/1hander if the situation demands it.

Anyway, I'm getting my ass handed to me by high 'ranked' Dragons, mostly from their breaths, and mages/spell-casting enemies.

I then realised I was playing on higher difficulty so I put it back to normal, but unless I avoid most of the attack the magic users or dragons still burn right through my HP with ease. Physical attacks come nowhere near giving me a hard time

My skill points aren't so balanced as I very early on decided I wanted to max out Blacksmithing to get the dragonplate armor which I am now using. So is it the level scaling that is kicking my ass?

Any recommendations? Should I enchant all my gear with magic res or level up other aspects of my charactar? My one handed skill is in the 90s

I could put the game level down some more but I'd rather not

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If your character is more a mage character then your resistance to physical damage will be low. For example I play as a melee warrior Orc and at level 45 I can go toe to toe with a dragon and still bring him down without taking alot of damage. Hope that helps.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The way I have did things was, do the chest glitches

Find all the chests and try and find the health regeneration at 40% and add it to your chest armour, sheild, necklace, ring

this will give you nearly 100% regeneration. Mind you have to understand, if your enchantment is low you will only get with greater grand soul gems around 13-20% regeneration. If its around 40-50.or 100% it will increase to 31- 40% per item

So you could possibly have 100% use a ring and necklace to

If you can put two enchantments on, do increase health by 40 and 31 or 40 regeneration

You will get over 200 health and around 93 regeneration health

So put increase health and regeneration health into your chest armour, should,a ring and necklace. So around 31 regeneration per item and increase health around 40

Also you in your arm armor and braces, boots put increase hands skills to 30%

Thats how I get ass kicked
    Last edited by claud3; 12-10-2012 at 21:07.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Unbound Mercenary
    Level up your block skill, and look for the 50% magic reduction, enchantments that reduce magic are good too.

Or you could look for spellbreaker.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

5. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Level scaling is probably the problem but nothing you can't overcome. Dragonrend for dragons along with a decoy ie..dremora lord or familiar, then hack away..for mages whooping that ass I always found become ethereal shout helpful..lets you get up close and personal where they don't do too well..

Love skyrim man..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Depending on which one you are more far along on, I would increase Archery or magic (some sort of destructive spell).

Starting a new game on 360 myself as an archer (previous./current game on PC is 2-handed dude).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Guru
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!

@Claud3 - lmao that sounds pretty crazy with all that health regen. My enchanting is actually 100 as I just enchanted all the gear I was making with Blacksmithing as I power levelled it

@Kwes - I definitely should level my block actually, I'm only 68 with only a few skill points invested into the tree. I googled Spellbreaker and it looks very handy. I'll do that quest asap as I think Spellbreaker fits my aggressive style of play

@imINxile - I googled Dragonsrend and holy $#@!, that's exactly what I need. When I've gotten a dragon to land I usually kick it's ass by shield slamming and whacking away. But getting him to land is the problem as it kicks my ass when it's flying and breathing. Seems I'm only a couple of quests away from learning that shout

@admartian - From getting owned a lot I did begin levelling my archery cos I found I could never get close but I think with the above I should be able to handle them now

+rep to you guys

9. Likes imINxile, Admartian , Kwes likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! @Claud3 - lmao that sounds pretty crazy with all that health regen. My enchanting is actually 100 as I just enchanted all the gear I was making with Blacksmithing as I power levelled it @Kwes - I definitely should level my block actually, I'm only 68 with only a few skill points invested into the tree. I googled Spellbreaker and it looks very handy. I'll do that quest asap as I think Spellbreaker fits my aggressive style of play @imINxile - I googled Dragonsrend and holy $#@!, that's exactly what I need. When I've gotten a dragon to land I usually kick it's ass by shield slamming and whacking away. But getting him to land is the problem as it kicks my ass when it's flying and breathing. Seems I'm only a couple of quests away from learning that shout @admartian - From getting owned a lot I did begin levelling my archery cos I found I could never get close but I think with the above I should be able to handle them now +rep to you guys
    I notice you left my name out. Oh well. lol I know I propably didnt tell you anything that you didnt already know.

Elite Guru
    No it's not that. I took on board what you said, so thank you, but I didn't know what to reply with . I did give you rep though!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Nitey,

to add to what Kwes said, find the shield of ysgramor. it adds another 20% resistance to magic. it does stack, so you'll have 70% resistance with the skill perk unlocked- hell, it'll provide a nice boost without it...
    also ups your health by 20 :P

it is also the biggest shield in the game, it helps deflects arrows from those pesky archers (who surprisingly murder my ass)

My redguard is lower level than yours, but magic and dragon breath do next to no damage on nightmare. unless they flank the shield, in which case i end up running

hold that bad boy up 300 style and nothing should hurt you ever again
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Guru
    Hmmm! I actually did the quest line a couple days ago, and left the shield in the tomb LOL. Noob. I was at capacity so couldn't hold anymore . I'll go back and get it. Can't believe I forgot about that

What would be better then, spellbreaker or shield of ysgramor?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    if you have spellbreaker then keep that one

the shield of ysgramor is the easiest of the two to acquire, or so i could manage

however, spellbreaker isn't as big as ysgramor's shield. if archers become your main concern (like they did me) then i'd use the 'bigger' one

if i could rate both i'd give spellbreaker a 10 and the shield of ysgramor a 9.6 (as it can't be refined)

spellbreaker is not considered shield though ... using it will increase your heavy armor skills. (im not sure why exactly)
    it functions as a shield though and that's all that matters
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Guru
    okay mate, cheers for the insight

Spellbreaker looks pretty easy to obtain so I'm definitely gonna go for it. But I will pick up the shield of ysgramor as it's still in his tomb I cleared

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    No it's not that. I took on board what you said, so thank you, but I didn't know what to reply with . I did give you rep though!
    Oh ok, thanks I appreciate that. Glad I was able to help.

Thread Information