Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Love Crysis 2 But why bring it up? The visuals although good are not up to par with PS3 exclusives like Uncharted or Killzone....maybe if it was 720p But 360 vs PS3? Yeah the 360 version does have a slightly higher resolution, but the PS3 handles a lot of stuff on screen better and has better texture filtering which is noticeable despite the lower res Both versions are good but both have different pros & cons Probably not the best title to compare What about Dishonored? Actually no thats made by the Skyrim dudes ain't it Well atleast they are finally fixing that DLC mess Sent via Codec
    Agreed. Also Dishonored was published but not developed by Bethesda. And according to DF Dishonored looked better on PS3.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If someone can't see the technical accomplishments that are in Crysis 2, they either don't know how to recognize what's being rendered, or they've never played the game.
    i bet AaronSOLDIER never played it

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I did I just played the PC version in HD.

So yeah, technically you're right.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Hasn't this question been rehashed enough though?

The way I see it; it's 5% of games that run/look by a noticeable margin on 360, 5% run/look noticeably better on PS3; and I'd say the rest are more less the same, or have only very minute differences that if you put certain parts of a select number of these games, and examined at specific points - then and only then will you notice any marginal difference.

That's the way I've seen 90% of Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth comparisons.

The only thing that is 100% certain is the amount of vitriolic trolling on the comments sections of those sites. Sometimes I think a handful of them have trickled over here though.

Ridiculous juvenile stuff...
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    What about Dishonored? Actually no thats made by the Skyrim dudes ain't it
    Well atleast they are finally fixing that DLC mess

Sent via Codec
    No, it was not made by "the Skyrim dudes".

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The only thing that is 100% certain is the amount of vitriolic trolling on the comments sections of those sites. Sometimes I think a handful of them have trickled over here though.
    Hey it's free entertainment, don't knock it lol

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hasn't this question been rehashed enough though? The way I see it; it's 5% of games that run/look by a noticeable margin on 360, 5% run/look noticeably better on PS3; and I'd say the rest are more less the same, or have only very minute differences that if you put certain parts of a select number of these games, and examined at specific points - then and only then will you notice any marginal difference. That's the way I've seen 90% of Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth comparisons. The only thing that is 100% certain is the amount of vitriolic trolling on the comments sections of those sites. Sometimes I think a handful of them have trickled over here though. Ridiculous juvenile stuff...
    Yeah the comment section is alot more entertaining than the nitpicky comparisons. lol Pure comedy gold.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah the comment section is alot more entertaining than the nitpicky comparisons. lol Pure comedy gold.
    I know right? It's like a throwback to the early days of gaming, and heck the early days of this gen.

We don't know how lucky we are in this community sometimes.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    No, it was not made by "the Skyrim dudes".
    Lol sorry Bethesda
    I thought it was

Agreed. Also Dishonored was published but not developed by Bethesda. And according to DF Dishonored looked better on PS3.
    Now thats interesting, same publisher, different developer different results
    Now I'm sure you have to take in account that they are different games but even so the 360 version still should of had the edge with Dishonored.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ancient
    Hasn't this question been rehashed enough though?

The way I see it; it's 5% of games that run/look by a noticeable margin on 360, 5% run/look noticeably better on PS3; and I'd say the rest are more less the same, or have only very minute differences that if you put certain parts of a select number of these games, and examined at specific points - then and only then will you notice any marginal difference.

That's the way I've seen 90% of Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth comparisons.

Ridiculous juvenile stuff...
    You are absolutely right, the only thing I can put to that is these comparisons do not define what those systems are capable of
    Sony has their first party like ND to show us that
    And MS has 53......? the Halo team to show us what it can it do too
    Its just a shame the 360 didn't have it from the get go like PS3 did

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Here's the most recent one (comparing ME1):
    http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/12/11/...ps3-comparison

I never see the differences. Sure there are minor ones, but $#@!, you'd have to be really/nitpicky or a fanboy in denial to really see the "differences" - or rather, to blow the smallest of the most minute differences as something more than it is.

Ancient
    Here's the most recent one (comparing ME1):
    http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/12/11/...ps3-comparison

I never see the differences. Sure there are minor ones, but $#@!, you'd have to be really/nitpicky or a fanboy in denial to really see the "differences" - or rather, to blow the smallest of the most minute differences as something more than it is.
    Don't think thats a fair comparison, ME1 on PS3 is using a newer engine
    But yet again you are right, wasn't some arguing a few days ago about 5fps vs better textures?
    Kinda stupid, though I would go for the textures my self, ya not gonna notice 5frames much lol

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 12-12-2012 at 05:31.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Now thats interesting, same publisher, different developer different results Now I'm sure you have to take in account that they are different games but even so the 360 version still should of had the edge with Dishonored. Sent via Codec
    Yep and not only that but Oblivion which was also better on PS3 was actually ported by another developer (4J Studios) and not Bethesda. So this leads me to believe that Bethesda are just inept coders.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-12-2012 at 06:33.

Ancient
    Yep and not only that but Oblivion which was also better on PS3 was actually ported by another developer (4J Studios) and not Bethesda. So this leads me to believe that Bethesda are just inept coders.
    Ya know I've always had the opinion that Console developers are way more talented in coding then PC devs, not saying PC devs don't produce some pretty darn good coding in their games cuz they do but its just amazing what those console devs do achieve through coding & art design
    While we have games that are technically better on PC we don't see the likes of Uncharted, TLOU or Beyond
    obviously PC are more then capable, but its the dev's that make those games stand out
    I guess thats why I'm a console gamer
    Take a look at MGS:GZ or TPP
    multiplats on console, we know they are current gen but the actual fact they had people questioning it says a lot

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 12-12-2012 at 08:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ya know I've always had the opinion that Console developers are way more talented in coding then PC devs, not saying PC devs don't produce some pretty darn good coding in their games cuz they do but its just amazing what those console devs do achieve through coding & art design While we have games that are technically better on PC we don't see the likes of Uncharted, TLOU or Beyond obviously PC are more then capable, but its the dev's that make those games stand out I guess thats why I'm a console gamer Take a look at MGS:GZ or TPP multiplats on console, we know they are current gen but the actual fact they had people questioning it says a lot Sent via Codec
    Yeah I agree with you. Because console developers are used to optimizing their code more because of having a finite amount of RAM and long lifecycles with static hardware. PC developers are used to writing really loose code because in the PC world there are so many hardware configurations that its impossible to optimize their code for any set of hardware.

Soldier 95B
    I have yet to see a game on console that matches Halo 4. 2013 might bring one though.

17. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    halo 4 made some HUGE jumps in graphics compared to reach but saying its the best looking console game is a far cry (pun not intended) from the truth.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    ^Though not a multiplat; so KZ3, Uncharted, GOW, Halo etc can't count in this discussion.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    halo 4 made some HUGE jumps in graphics compared to reach but saying its the best looking console game is a far cry (pun not intended) from the truth.
    I have to disagree. I haven't seen a title touch it yet.

But then again, it is all opinion.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    ^Though not a multiplat; so KZ3, Uncharted, GOW, Halo etc can't count in this discussion.
    Exactly. It's gone from what is negative numbers for the PS3, to the PS3 first party exclusives look better than the 360 exclusives, and it has more of those than the 360. I mean, excuse the fact that neither of those two topics have anything at all to do with this thread. smh

22. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    We've had some gorgeous titles this year. Hitman Absolution, AC3 and Far Cry 3 look so incredible. I don't know if Far Cry is just optimized badly but that game is the crysis of 2012. GTX 680s are getting 45fps at ultra. AC3 on ultra is also getting fps in that ball park on max settings.

So if a $500 graphics card can't run CURRENT GEN games at 60fps locked, what does that mean for next gen games? (PC gaming is still expensive as hell)

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I have yet to see a game on console that matches Halo 4. 2013 might bring one though.
    Halo 4 is the best looking Halo game period!
    But Best looking game?

Sent via Codec

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    We've had some gorgeous titles this year. Hitman Absolution, AC3 and Far Cry 3 look so incredible. I don't know if Far Cry is just optimized badly but that game is the crysis of 2012. GTX 680s are getting 45fps at ultra. AC3 on ultra is also getting fps in that ball park on max settings.

So if a $500 graphics card can't run CURRENT GEN games at 60fps locked, what does that mean for next gen games? (PC gaming is still expensive as hell)
    I said it before, PC gamers that think they already have Nextgen are gonna be in for a shock
    Nextgen don't start & never has started until the consoles kick it off

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    I spend a lot of time reading on gaf and beyond3D forums and I laugh every time someone says that next gen consoles wont even manage BF3 high settings

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    KZ3 is still the king along with UC3 and GoW 3. Halo 4 looks awesome but still doesn't match those 3 games in graphics.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-12-2012 at 22:07.

Thread Information