Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    What makes you think the PS3 is any easier to program for now than it was 6 years ago? Sure, it's better understood now, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. It still has the same limitations, same bottlenecks, and the same idiosyncrasies that it had 6 years ago, and that still requires extra time and extra effort to try to work around them.
    Yep, and thats why I believe the rumors about Sony dropping the cell and going for PC type architecture next gen. For Sony's sake I hope its true.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    Call of Duty Black Ops 2 had issues, Mass Effect 3, Skyrimmmmm dam that game, had to start over on my 360 and so far it's perfect plus it even looks better which is super strange. Anyway though, what is it with the ps3 and not being up to par with it's 360 counterpart. This wasn't a huge issue a few years ago and we're in the same console cycle.

I don't buy the developers are being lazy due to the number of issues popping up, makes me regret owning the ps3 version at times
    It is not laziness. The PS3 GPU is in fact weaker than the Xbox 360, and that is where the problem arises along with split memory banks. Call of Duty is a yearly release as well, and so I'd imagine that would complicate things even further even if Infinity Ward knew how to use the Cell BE for graphics.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Infinity Ward's PS3 efforts have been fine, if I remember correctly. MW 2 and 3 ran without problems. It's Treyarch's games that fall below par on PS3.

Although, Black Ops 2 was fine after it's 2nd patch which was within the first week I think (in terms of graphics/performance - lag compensation is across all platforms). But if you put both versions side by side it's clear the 360 one looks better

Supreme Veteran
    MW3 had issues on the PS3, lag and frame rate issues.

MW2 was solid however.

BO2 is blurry on PS3, not as noticeable if you only play the PS3 version but when you play the other console version you begin to notice quickly.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Elite Guru
    Like I said the 360 one looks superior side by side. The blurryness was really bad on PS3 at launch but since patch 1.03 I think it's not really there for me. Probably blurrier compared to the 360 version, but nowhere near as bad as it was on launch. Couldn't see anything in distance

Supreme Veteran
    I only purchased the PS3 version after the 1.04 patch.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Elite Guru
    Lucky you.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    While we can go and say some devs are lazy, you have to also say that SONY did make, in comparison, a lot harder console to code for and such.

I assume this is something SONY will fix for the ps4.

Forum Elder
    i don't buy multi-plats on PS3 (prefer achievements over trophies), but i can't think they could be anything other than just as good as the 360 version to a gamer. sure, run tests etc to see what version turns out to be the better, but as i say... i can't imagine any multi-plat would not look and play the same to most users of both consoles.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i don't buy multi-plats on PS3 (prefer achievements over trophies), but i can't think they could be anything other than just as good as the 360 version to a gamer. sure, run tests etc to see what version turns out to be the better, but as i say... i can't imagine any multi-plat would not look and play the same to most users of both consoles.
    But they dont look and play the same in alot of cases. Skyrim being one the most glaring examples. And ME3 played much better on the 360. The ps3 multiplat situation has gotten better but its still an issue that will propably never be completely resolved.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-04-2013 at 23:18.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But they dont look and play the same in alot of cases. Skyrim being one the most glaring examples. And ME3 played much better on the 360. The ps3 multiplat situation has gotten better but its still an issue that will propably never be completely resolved.
    What do you mean they don't look or play the same, this ain't the 16-bit era when the games did look and played different
    The difference these days are like twins, slight difference and at most you can't put your finger on it unless they both together, but playing with them feels the same, yeah one my flinch a bit while ya playing but its all the same.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    What do you mean they don't look or play the same, this ain't the 16-bit era when the games did look and played different
    The difference these days are like twins, slight difference and at most you can't put your finger on it unless they both together, but playing with them feels the same, yeah one my flinch a bit while ya playing but its all the same.

Sent via Codec
    lol As usual you have no idea what youre talking about. But dont take my word for it. Read the Skyrim and ME3 comparisons. They mention fairly big differences in both graphics and gameplay. Or you can just continue to live in biased denial and believe whatever makes you feel better. lol When I said alot of cases in my last post that was a miswording so I'll give you that. But to deny the big difference between Skyrim for example? I'm sorry but thats just being in denial.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-10-2013 at 00:26.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    lol As usual you have no idea what youre talking about. But dont take my word for it. Read the Skyrim and ME3 comparisons. They mention fairly big differences in both graphics and gameplay.
    I agree with you - SKyrim and Bayonetta had serious issues.

But I also agree with TGO - as that mostly, they are like twins. Read: very similar and only minor differences.

From time to time, you get the Bayonetta/Skyrim style fck ups.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I agree with you - SKyrim and Bayonetta had serious issues.

But I also agree with TGO - as that mostly, they are like twins. Read: very similar and only minor differences.

From time to time, you get the Bayonetta/Skyrim style fck ups.
    I never denied that. Look at what I said about that on another page in this thread. I'm only saying SOMETIMES a Skyrim type port does show up. But I also said earlier in this thread that the MAJORITY of the games are on par. TGO is trying to act like it never happens anymore at all.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-10-2013 at 00:21.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I never denied that. Look at what I said about that on another page in this thread. I'm only saying SOMETIMES a Skyrim type port does show up. But I also said earlier in this thread that the MAJORITY of the games are on par. TGO is trying to act like it never happens anymore at all.
    Oh no - I wasn't trying to isniutate that you were denying it.

Yeah true - it does still happen. Though not as bad as it once was.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Oh no - I wasn't trying to isniutate that you were denying it.

Yeah true - it does still happen. Though not as bad as it once was.
    Yep exactly.

Ancient
    I think Skyrim & is a different story altogether, not too sure about ME3 as I've yet to play the full game, but you are saying they look & play different
    Now I'm gonna take your word for it with ME3 but are 100% sure they look and play differently
    If I compare the two will see what you are seeing or are you over exaggerating
    You saving they PLAY different, now I've seen people $#@! about framerate in games making them laughably unplayable yet only notice a bit of dips
    Is this the same thing?
    I am engle eyed so I should notice things as major as what people say
    And less with the denial stuff man, its just a difference in opinion
    You think they look & play different, I think theres slight difference and play the same with the odd hickup here & there, you might be overreacting like everyone does which makes it hard to agree with you because we looking for something extreme that's not there
    Its something small
    Thats the problem
    Remember the Farcry 3 comparison thread, better texture filters vs 5fps, exactly the same!
    I know what I can see and I'm aware of what you can but look and play different, like I said I'll take your word untill I see & play for myself.

And yes it does still happen, I'd say its 2-1 ratio now days, for every two we get a dud lol

Sent via Codec

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Like I already said most 3rd party games have very minor diffirences if any. Just saying sometimes games like Skyrim still happen thats all. ME3 plays a little smoother on 360 but thats it. Both versions look great. IMO 360 version has a better framerate and textures while the PS3 version has a little better looking lighting but both are fine despite what DF says.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-15-2013 at 05:42.

Thread Information