Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Does no one else remember the days when every other week a another developer screamed out how their engine technology or game maxed out x console, or simply both together? It was a ridiculous time period that lasted for a fair while, and it's died down a lot over the last couple of years. What does a developer even mean in that regard? That they're game so strongly fills the RAM, or that it uses the CPU and GPU to a very maximum degree, or is it that they can't code their engine to utilize the hardware more efficiently?

Uncharted 3 is the king of console graphics, in my opinion. It blows Crysis 2 out of the water. It doesn't matter how much work the engine is doing, developers, what matters is the outcome.
    Last edited by Rapture; 12-12-2012 at 04:41.

2. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    Why all the hate for Crysis2? It's not a bad game. The gameplay isn't boring either. For a FPS, I think it has great gameplay. The suit is so much fun. Sliding, jumping, sprinting, climbing up ledges, cloaking, max-armor... I thought it was great fun. The story... not bad either. It's a little bit like Resistance in my opinion. Aliens want to take over the world - supersoldier tries to stop them.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Hmmm... not even 1% left huh? But that means there could be 0.5% left,so therefore it aint maxed the ps3/360! Douche****

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Eh. Crysis games never impress me anyway. Sure they may be detailed/realistic looking but they aren't visually appealing to me. I'll give C3 a miss just like I missed 1 and 2

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    All I heard was "Blah, blah, blah, no TS4, blah, blah, blah *beats chest*". Couldn't care less. Best looking game on consoles is KZ3 and U3 by far to me.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    does no one else remember the days when every other week a another developer screamed out how their engine technology or game maxed out x console, or simply both together? It was a ridiculous time period that lasted for a fair while, and it's died down a lot over the last couple of years. What does a developer even mean in that regard? That they're game so strongly fills the RAM, or that it uses the CPU and GPU to a very maximum degree, or is it that they can't code their engine to utilize the hardware more efficiently?

Uncharted 3 is the king of console graphics, in my opinion. It blows Crysis 2 out of the water. It doesn't matter how much work the engine is doing, developers, what matters is the outcome.
    I never get when they throw percentages. "not 1% left"? what is 1%? ram? render time? potatoes?

8. Likes Raging fire wishes they had posted this first.
    Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I never get when they throw percentages. "not 1% left"? what is 1%? ram? render time? potatoes?
    Lol at potatoes!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    does no one else remember the days when every other week a another developer screamed out how their engine technology or game maxed out x console, or simply both together? It was a ridiculous time period that lasted for a fair while, and it's died down a lot over the last couple of years. What does a developer even mean in that regard? That they're game so strongly fills the RAM, or that it uses the CPU and GPU to a very maximum degree, or is it that they can't code their engine to utilize the hardware more efficiently?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    All I heard was "Blah, blah, blah, no TS4, blah, blah, blah *beats chest*". Couldn't care less. Best looking game on consoles is KZ3 and U3 by far to me.
    Ya'll must like muddy textures. While a part of the game looks great, you can find too many places where you'd think someone wouldn't normally be, and it is YUCK.

Indoril Nerevar
    Textures do not comprise the entirety of a game's graphical fidelity. Yeah, there are some textures in Uncharted 3 that could have been better, but the game as a whole looks fantastic. I can't think of a game on the consoles that looks better. God of War 3 looks phenomenal too, and is pretty close.

12. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Uncharted's jungle is jaw-droppingly impressive.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I still say God of War 3 is the best looking game on PS3. The detail and character models in that game...mind-blowing. It seems they've even improved upon that briliance in Ascention which I didn't even think was possible back in 2010

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I still say God of War 3 is the best looking game on PS3. The detail and character models in that game...mind-blowing. It seems they've even improved upon that briliance in Ascention which I didn't even think was possible back in 2010
    Agree. Although GOW3 is very scripted, it has the best graphics overall IMO so far. Ascension will raise the bar - can't wait for that.

But that's very subjective... Uncharted2/3 look great too, and the stuff that happens at some points in those games is just mindblowing. But I still have to give GOW3 the edge. It's just sooo sharp and beatiful on a big 1080p TV. But then again... think of that pool on the rooftop in Uncharted 2 or the Ship in U3... amazing.

I'll say this: The Last Of Us and GOW Ascension will be the best PS3 has to offer this gen in terms of graphics and character models. Seen the new Kratos model in Ascension? That's at least as good as TLOU's character models.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Also, they can say whatever they want about how much they are pushing PC hardware, and Crytec have said before than current PCs are way better than next gen consoles... yell yeah hardware wise... but not many companies ACTUALLY push the limits of the modern super high tech PC. So it may be all well and good for Crytek to say stuff like that, but the on the industry as a whole it barely matters because companies want to make games across as many platforms as possible so it sells better

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Crysis 2 did not look that good, and it was boring as hell to play. I think this CEO always says crap like this. Hes just trying to bring attention to his game, nothing more.
    Agreed, I couldn't be bothered finishing it, got real bored. Good graphics don't make fun gameplay.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Textures do not comprise the entirety of a game's graphical fidelity. Yeah, there are some textures in Uncharted 3 that could have been better, but the game as a whole looks fantastic. I can't think of a game on the consoles that looks better. God of War 3 looks phenomenal too, and is pretty close.
    I don't wanna go too far in depth about it, so I'll just leave it at this; yes it does look great. Back to the actual topic.

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't wanna go too far in depth about it, so I'll just leave it at this; yes it does look great. Back to the actual topic.
    Well I am curious: What game do you think looks the best on consoles?

PSU Technical Advisor
    Killzone.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well I am curious: What game do you think looks the best on consoles?
    Honestly, I don't think any game looks the best. They all have something that mitigates that stature.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Meanwhile Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 and 3 still looked miles better graphically on the ps3 than Crysis 2 did on the ps3. HHHMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Veteran
    Funny, the ****iness actually DOESN'T make me believe the guy and makes me prefer to assume this as spin to secure hype like last time. Especially when everyone here seems to be thinking Crysis 2 didn't look better than some other games and didn't run exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Meanwhile Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 and 3 still looked miles better graphically on the ps3 than Crysis 2 did on the ps3. HHHMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
    Normally, multiplat games don't get the same treatment as a console first party exclusive gets. Ya know...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Killzone.
    Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 and GoW 3 are tied for best looking game on console imo. But Killzone 3 by far still looks better than any shooter on any console.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Crysis is more of a Crytek engine demonstration. No one would give a flying **** in blue hell about the series if it wasn't for the graphics.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    This guy's the new Peter Molyneux.

The simple fact is, a multiplatform game will not max out a console. Sure, maybe if it's unoptimized as **** and runs terribly using 99% of the system's power to do so, you could technically still call that "maxing out".

28. Likes Bio wishes they had posted this first.
    Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Killzone.
    Ew, washy-contrasty colors everywhere.

Whoops! Black, white and gray aren't even colors.

Thread Information