Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Uncharted 3 is a great looking title!

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Am I the only one that doesn't think God of War 3 (or even Ascension) looks as good as Killzone 3 or Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?

3. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Ew, washy-contrasty colors everywhere.

Whoops! Black, white and gray aren't even colors.

KZ3 was a lot more colourful I felt, than 2.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Don't care about consoles. Everyone knows the only way to play crysis is on pc

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't think God of War 3 (or even Ascension) looks as good as Killzone 3 or Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception?
    GOW3 is a phenomenal looking game but have you seen the bland environment textures in GOW3? All the buildings don't have any detailed interiors for the most part. Uncharted games are so packed full of detail whether it be indoor or out door scenes

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Don't care about consoles. Everyone knows the only way to play crysis is on pc

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    And only to see how it runs and how it looks. Its more like a benchmarking program than a game.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    This sort of PR puts me off Crysis and them as a developer.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    All I'm hearing is blah blah blah, we made the best graphical game ever. Is there equal gameplay to back it up? I thought Crysis 2 was great graphically but gameplay meh. Hope this changes with 3 but I doubt it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    The only maxing out i see is Naughty Dog maxing out the PS3 with The Last of Us.

Crysis 3 will be amazing though. No doubt.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    If only it maxed out the online capabilities as well.

Crisys 2 multiplayer was pure lagg fest with host migration that worked only when the sun was aligned with the moon and mars.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Elite Member
    I actually liked Crysis 2...I thought it was decent, gameplay-wise...

Never touched the MP...but yeah, I agree about GOW3, UC3, and KZ3 looking better...

Why all the hate for Crysis 2 tho?...

Ultimate Veteran
    this guy better lay off the pipe. all devs say this we maxed it out lol. but Crysis 2 on the ps3 had really bad gfx
    killzone 2 and 3 was 100 times better then Crysis 2

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Didn't the say the same thing about Crysis 2?
    Yes I also thought that myself

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Apprentice
    WHO CARES?!

I thought Crysis 2 was a decent game and every shooter fan should've played it. I thought it ran nicely on the consoles. I didn't notice any framerate drops beneath 25FPS or so. It was sub-HD IIRC, but it still looked nice. It's not the best looking title on the PS3, but it looks nice IMO. The mood, the setting, the effects... some parts even looked great IMO. I downloaded Crysis 1 from PSN and I had fun with it - just like with Crysis 2.

"Maxing out" can mean many things. Resistance 1 for example doesn't look good if you look at it now (it looks good enough, back then it had GREAT graphics IMO), but it "maxes out" the PS3 because the PS3 couldn't handle any more on screen. KZ2, KZ3, U2, U3, GOW3, GOW Asc and TLOU max it out too, the console couldn't handle any more, but these games use the power that's available much more efficiently - that's why they look and play much better.

Not that much Crysis 3 related:

I am excited for Crysis 3. I enjoyed Crysis 2, then downloaded Crysis (1) from PSN and enjoyed it too (but it started way too slow and the storytelling was bad - kinda like AC1 - more of a tech-demo with a story and stuff). Now I can't wait to see where they take the story. I mean we all know the setting and what happened after Crysis 2 from interviews (25 years have passed since C2, Cell has built these nano-domes to keep the Ceph inside, blabla) but what's really interesting is the suit and the protagonist Prophet. I mean in Crysis 1, you played as Nomad. In Crysis Warhead (PC only; some sort of expansion pack) you played Crysis 1's story from Psycho's point of view IIRC and Prophet was just the leader of your team.
    Then, in Crysis 2, you played as a guy named "Alcatraz". Prophet gave you his Nanosuit 2.0 because he had to cut his body and mind off from the suit and because Alcatraz was the only living man he could find, and because Alcatraz would've died without the suit. Oh, and after he gave Alcatraz the suit, he shot himself in the head. The suit "grew" into Alcatraz' body and replaced or repaired parts of the body that were injured or destroyed when Alcatraz was shot by the Ceph at the beginning of the game. That's why he's called Alcatraz (like the prison). He's trapped inside the Nanosuit 2.0, which keeps him alive.
    BUT: Prophet's consciousness copied itself into the Nanosuit 2.0's systems, so he's kind of an Artificial Intelligence inside the suit. But now comes the weird part: Prophet (the "AI") has now taken over Alcatraz body who is kept alive by Prophet's Nanosuit 2.0. Now that's some weird sh*t! But if Prophet's consciousness now controls the body and suit, where did Alcatraz' consciosness go? He MUST be somewhere inside the suit. I mean it's his body... But we'll see.

Am I the only one who's at least a little bit excited for Crysis 3?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    this guy better lay off the pipe. all devs say this we maxed it out lol. but Crysis 2 on the ps3 had really bad gfx
    killzone 2 and 3 was 100 times better then Crysis 2
    Thats a bit ott in my opinion. They weren't all that but they certainly weren't really bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    All I'm hearing is blah blah blah, we made the best graphical game ever. Is there equal gameplay to back it up? I thought Crysis 2 was great graphically but gameplay meh. Hope this changes with 3 but I doubt it.
    My favorite part of Crysis 2 was a video someone put of, playing the last level of the game on the hardest difficulty, walking through the entire level relying on nothing but the health regeneration, getting to the end without firing a single bullet.

Thread Information