Threaded View

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Crytek CEO "Crysis 3 maxes out consoles, not even 1%

"Crysis 3 is absolutely maxing out the consoles," Yerli told VideoGamer.com during a recent press tour of the game. There is absolutely not even 1% left".
    "No game will ever look technically better than Crysis 3 on these consoles, flat out. Most games are not even anywhere near Crysis 2 technically. I'm not talking about art style – art is subjective – but the pure fact of what we have been cramming in with Crysis 2 on Xbox [360] and PlayStation [3], I've yet to see a game do that still today.
    He continued:"Any day I will take a battle against Gears and Halo, whatever, the amount of data we put in and the detail level is far superior. With Crysis 3 we're pushing that to another level, but the PC is just two levels beyond."
    The game is so technically impressive, Yerli believes, that the top-end work done on the PC version of the game will rival the graphical capabilities of next-gen consoles.
    "That's why we said [two years ago] that Crysis 3 is next-gen ready already," Yerli added. "We did that without knowing the specs [of next-generation consoles], but it's not going to be much more than what we have done so far. And it turns out we were pretty much right."
    Source

Pretty modest guy don't you think?

In all seriousness, if its that great I wonder why The Last of Us looks so much better? (I don't think the art style has anything to do with it since both have destroyed city environments with lots of foliage)
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-11-2012 at 16:05.

Thread Information