Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Crytek CEO "Crysis 3 maxes out consoles, not even 1%

"Crysis 3 is absolutely maxing out the consoles," Yerli told VideoGamer.com during a recent press tour of the game. There is absolutely not even 1% left".
    "No game will ever look technically better than Crysis 3 on these consoles, flat out. Most games are not even anywhere near Crysis 2 technically. I'm not talking about art style – art is subjective – but the pure fact of what we have been cramming in with Crysis 2 on Xbox [360] and PlayStation [3], I've yet to see a game do that still today.
    He continued:"Any day I will take a battle against Gears and Halo, whatever, the amount of data we put in and the detail level is far superior. With Crysis 3 we're pushing that to another level, but the PC is just two levels beyond."
    The game is so technically impressive, Yerli believes, that the top-end work done on the PC version of the game will rival the graphical capabilities of next-gen consoles.
    "That's why we said [two years ago] that Crysis 3 is next-gen ready already," Yerli added. "We did that without knowing the specs [of next-generation consoles], but it's not going to be much more than what we have done so far. And it turns out we were pretty much right."
    Source

Pretty modest guy don't you think?

In all seriousness, if its that great I wonder why The Last of Us looks so much better? (I don't think the art style has anything to do with it since both have destroyed city environments with lots of foliage)
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-11-2012 at 16:05.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I would agree with crysis back in the day, because it was somewhat open world.

Crysis 2 is, for most part, as linear and crammed as games like uncharted and TLOU, probably a little less, which i think looks slightly better.

graphical awards would be down to crysis 3 and the last of us only next year IMO.

Crysis 2 might have had incredible graphics, but as a game is was far from good ( especially compared to 1) so much more linear and average...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I would agree with crysis back in the day, because it was somewhat open world.

Crysis 2 is, for most part, as linear and crammed as games like uncharted and TLOU, probably a little less, which i think looks slightly better.

graphical awards would be down to crysis 3 and the last of us only next year IMO.

Crysis 2 might have had incredible graphics, but as a game is was far from good ( especially compared to 1) so much more linear and average...
    Don't get me started on performance. I mean this guy is bragging about Crysis 2 on console when the game runs @ 22-26fps on both platforms. For comparison, not only other games like uncharted look better, they run 30fps locked

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Didn't the say the same thing about Crysis 2?

5. Likes Nakatomi Uk likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    they said this with crysis 2 honestly, I laugh at everything that is said from Crytek.

Elite Member
    Crysis 2 did not look that good, and it was boring as hell to play. I think this CEO always says crap like this. Hes just trying to bring attention to his game, nothing more.

Dedicated Member
    Crysis 2 is a detailed game, and he might be right that technically speaking, it pushes more things through the system at the same time. But they really did drop the ball on the frames per second. That and the fact that enemies became nothing more than a graphical blemish once dead (no physics interactions, not even bullets hit them once they hit the floor), whereas other shooters like Resistance and KZ, allowed the bodies to pile up. Crytek might have been successful in making a pretty game, but they really failed epically at making a fun game. Plus I still think this guy is just tooting his own horn here.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Dont care about Crysis at all, cause the gameplay is the complete contrary of the games graphics.

10. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    that's how I felt about the first Crysis game. everyone got hyped and I fell for the hype. I built my computer and here none of the current GPU's ran the game smoothly, however I was playing it on ultra High running about 55fps. not a big deal, it ran smooth enough and while the Graphics and resolution was 1920x1200 and was amazing to look at, the overall package was rather bland, there was nothing about the game other then the graphics.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Dont care about Crysis at all, cause the gameplay is the complete contrary of the games graphics.
    This. It's one big giant bag of "meh".
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Pretty much everyone else said about Crysis 2 on here. One of my biggest purchase regrets in a while. I still think Killzone 3 did a better job with graphics and it was a hell of a lot more fun to play. Crysis 2 was boring and the battery limitations they put on the super suit were annoying. I'll wai till Crysis 3 hits bargain bins before I purchase, if I ever do.

I remember when it's release came people were cheerleading it, mainly due to hoping a 3rd party game could be dominant in looks on a console versus 1st party production. As you can see (and play with Killzone 3 and Halo 4), they failed. $#@!ty framerate and boring as $#@! gameplay.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-11-2012 at 16:56.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Pretty much everyone else said about Crysis 2 on here. One of my biggest purchase regrets in a while. I still think Killzone 3 did a better job with graphics and it was a hell of a lot more fun to play. Crysis 2 was boring and the battery limitations they put on the super suit were annoying. I'll wai till Crysis 3 hits bargain bins before I purchase, if I ever do.
    Agreed. I fell for the Crysis 2 hype back in the day but I have to say Killzone 3 looks miles better. Plus Crysis 2 is a sub-HD game while Killzone 3 is 720p native. And Killzone 3 has alot of stuff going on onscreen at any given time while Crysis 2 is pretty much a paint by the numbers shooter.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Can't wait to see the next installment for this franchise. Hopefully it lives up to the hype he's creating.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Hmm yeah, thinking back Crysis 2 was a rather unmemorable game. I can't recall anything special happening in the game or being particularly impressed by much. It sure was pretty though! One thing I do remember was dragging my feet to complete it - felt like a chore in the later stages.

Hopefully C3 addresses some things

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Hmm yeah, thinking back Crysis 2 was a rather unmemorable game. I can't recall anything special happening in the game or being particularly impressed by much. It sure was pretty though! One thing I do remember was dragging my feet to complete it - felt like a chore in the later stages. Hopefully C3 addresses some things
    Yeah the first half of the game was pretty good but the second half became more of a chore than fun.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The thing with crysis is that the game gets repetetive and there is afterwards nothing to look forward to. The unlocks sucks and the story is boring.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The thing with crysis is that the game gets repetetive and there is afterwards nothing to look forward to. The unlocks sucks and the story is boring.
    Agreed. Crysis 2 definitely has a redundant feel to it and a dull story.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Downloaded crysis 2 again recently from psn+ and quite honestly, it ain't all that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Guru
    Maybe the headline should be 'Another dev maxes out bull$#@!'.

Many of them make the same claim every time they've got a game to market. And yet they always seem to make improvements for the next one.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Crysis 2 was too busy looking at itself in the mirror and jacking off than continuing on to be a game that was fun to play. When I think of my time with Crysis 2, I think of having to eat wet, cold, soggy cardboard...

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    I believe them .I remember when CRYSIS 2 came out & nearly everyone was amazed at how good it looked & destroying the BS that the 360 had been maxed out already , it was arguably the best looking game when it came out.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I really dislike their $#@!iness.

25. Likes MartyRules, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    It might end up looking great but visuals alone don't make a game good or great or the best.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Yeah I fell for the Crysis 2 hype. Ok game that entertained and was pretty enough.

Let's hope the gameplay for the 3rd is a bit more open like a shooter like FarCry 3.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Ultimate Veteran
    Honestly, Crytek, just shut the $#@! up and tell me how fun it is to actually play your games. It's not always about the tech.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

29. Likes Bio likes this post

Thread Information