Thread: I suck

Forum Elder

I suck

Hey guys

I've played call of duty before but I just bought black ops 2. My kill/ratio rate is averaging 5/15

Any advice? I think I'm moving too much. I always seem to get shot in the back. And the other guys seems like they can take more bullets than me. How do you guys generally play?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    You will need to get used to the maps, when I first started I was getting raped. You will get better over time.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Learning the maps has been a huge plus. Don't worry about you not doing well. I am right there with ya for sure lol. There are a few maps, that mostly I do well with once I've learned them better. My kdr is now at the highest ever in the COD franchise.. .90 baby!!! lol

Unbound Mercenary
    If getting shot in the back is your problem, take things a little bit slower, check the corners well, and keep it cool. And yeah, learning the maps is extremely important to do.

But everyone has their bad games man, no worries.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Elder
    Thanks for the tips

I agree about the maps. I did well with the cruise ship. I was raped in Pakistan. I'm looking forward to unlocking more weapons and power ups. Is there a body armor available eventually?

Elite Sage

I know it sounds obvious but find a class that matches up with your play style.

I like to flank people and stick in areas that are close quarters so I tend to stick to SMG's and Shotguns. I try to avoid areas that have long sight lines or anywhere that my class will prove weaker than others.

I never tend to stay in one location for more than a few seconds and if I've killed a few people in an area ill tend to circle the perimeter a little bit as you can bet someone will try and come back to get a revenge kill.

As others have said, learn your maps. Learn where people typically camp, find areas to flank those camping spots or work on your grenade throwing.

Learning the difference between what instances are good for hip firing and aiming down the sights comes in handy. That's where the laser sight really helps as now I only ADS if someone is very far away as more often than not the laser sight is more than accurate enough

Another painfully obvious tip. Watch the map. I don't mean every so often, I mean check that thing every few seconds. Even if your UAV isn't up still check it, it's exceptionally helpful. I'd go as far to say I look at the UAV more than what's In front of me sometimes however don't become too reliant on it as those using ghost will just slip right under it and stab you in the back!

Hope some of that helps you. As I said, my play style consists of never really stopping and flanking so it may not work for you. Best of luck!

Forum Elder
    Great advice

I'm up to level 26 and I figured out you get better guns as you level up. Which makes me feel better knowing they're are guys up to level 55+

Seems like I shoot first but end up getting killed anyway. Makes me think they're wearing body armor or have stronger weapons.

My game is still lacking though. My kill deaths ratio are horrific. I usually end up on the bottom of the list. Is there any way to spectate a game? I piss people off and get kicked out when I don't play. I'm just trying to watch skilled players so I can learn some things

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    sucking at something means your good at something

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    You will need to get used to the maps, when I first started I was getting raped. You will get better over time.
    This is the best advice anyone can give you. Learn the maps. Not just the maps as a map but learn the points in which your enemy are likely to spawn.

Use the skulls that pop up as a reference to where an enemy or enemies might be. If a skull pops up on the map and you didn't hear a sniper rifle in the distance then that person most likely got killed from a close distance and that means your enemy is around that location.

Also use cover to your advantage, if you can stand behind a wall or something that you can see over. The enemy shooting at you has less of a target to aim at as your entire lower half will be covered.
    Last edited by EHY893; 12-18-2012 at 02:46.

Thread Information