Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

What is it with the American pride for guns? Why are weapons considered to be part of the American way of life? Why are some people so desperately trying to protect their guns? So much nonsense...

Guns have been developed with only ONE goal in mind - KILL. You can spin it how you want and talk about protective measurements and all such bull$#@! but at the end of the day guns are there to kill. They have been produced for war situations and somehow managed to be legalised for the everyday life of your average Amerian citizen.

No wonder Americans are constantly laughed at here in Europe.

And while I do understand the point some of you are trying to get across with respect to guns not being the cause for such tragic incidents, that still doesn't explain your general desire for guns. Why do you cling on to them so desperately?
    The "pride" of being allowed to own guns is because the 2nd amendment comes from the very origin of the formation of the country, to protect from a tyrannical government.

In short, blame the Brits

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    *sigh*

This thread has made me embarrassed to be an American right now.

Feel free to reply with the "Love it or leave it" comments.
    You should not be embarrassed for the small number of people that are bad in America, you should be proud of how fast fellow Americans rally together to support the families of the fallen, and be proud of people like this.

She died to protect her fellow Americans, and you are $#@!ing about how this embarrasses you? How do you think the families of this patriot feel? Proud or embarrassed?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

3. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    You should not be embarrassed for the small number of people that are bad in America, you should be proud of how fast fellow Americans rally together to support the families of the fallen, and be proud of people like this.

She died to protect her fellow Americans, and you are $#@!ing about how this embarrasses you? How do you think the families of this patriot feel? Proud or embarrassed?
    post of the CENTURY!

Forum Sage

$#@!, I'm not even American and i'm proud of this girl. The word 'hero' get's thrown around too easily but this is a prime example of when it should be used. I know she probably acted more courageously than i ever would.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    $#@!, I'm not even American and i'm proud of this girl. The word 'hero' get's thrown around too easily but this is a prime example of when it should be used. I know she probably acted more courageously than i ever would.
    It doesn't say on there, but she saved 11 children when she shielded them from the gunman.

Forum Sage
    It doesn't say on there, but she saved 11 children when she shielded them from the gunman.
    Yeah i heard about her yesterday, she put them in a cupboard didn't she? As sad as it is, her parents should be proud. I know if she was my daughter, yes i lost a daughter but to know my daughter potentially saved the lives of 11 other people. I don't think i could emphasise how proud i would be of her.

As i said, If i heard gunshots i think i'd be too busy with trying to save myself. She is more of a man than i will ever be.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Shootings At Connecticut Elementary School

Please respect prior warning from the Moderator Balcksite.

No name calling

No america is $#@! comments

We can discuss this like adults without the name calling and hate comments. If that can't be respected moderators will take further action.
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 12-16-2012 at 16:58.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor

What is it with the American pride for guns? Why are weapons considered to be part of the American way of life? Why are some people so desperately trying to protect their guns? So much nonsense...

Guns have been developed with only ONE goal in mind - KILL. You can spin it how you want and talk about protective measurements and all such bull$#@! but at the end of the day guns are there to kill. They have been produced for war situations and somehow managed to be legalised for the everyday life of your average Amerian citizen.

And while I do understand the point some of you are trying to get across with respect to guns not being the cause for such tragic incidents, that still doesn't explain your general desire for guns. Why do you cling on to them so desperately?
    Take your superiority complex somewhere else. Europeans don't deserve to be "laughing" at anybody. Read your own history.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yep i posted that last page but no one even notice it. Guess people have me blocked lol
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

The British are coming! (and they never studied their own history)

Good job. The ignorance is strong with this one.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Yep i posted that last page but no one even notice it. Guess people have me blocked lol
    I've only checked this thread for the first time today lol

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post

Can't see the flags but I'm pretty sure Wrath is German.

13. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Can't see the flags but I'm pretty sure Wrath is German.
    European history is still European history. And let's not go into German history...
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-16-2012 at 18:22.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post

He's German.

Scumbug peanutbuttermunkey,

Lambasts people for not doing their research.

Doesn't have all his facts

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

16. Likes Wrath , Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    This thread is full of remarkable people. Nice Che avatar, by the way. Very fitting.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Can we get back on topic and stop fighting what country is better

we all know Canada is 1 number

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    Can we get back on topic and stop fighting what country is better

we all know Canada is 1 number
    Canada is pretty swell.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I see a ban/ infraction hammer coming down from the sky lol.

To people looking to donate to families to pay for funerals be careful because there have been fake charitys reported for it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    To people looking to donate to families to pay for funerals be careful because there have been fake charitys reported for it.
    That's really messed up. =\

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Donations can probably go to the actual police department with a letter asking it to be given to families, etc. I'll look into it.

23. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    *sigh*

This thread has made me embarrassed to be an American right now.

Feel free to reply with the "Love it or leave it" comments.
    Nothing is stopping you from renouncing your citizenship and picking another country to live in/become a citizen of.

History. Specifically US History. Look into it.

And don't deny your German history either. HK, Walther Sig Sauer. Do those names ring any bells? Firearms are a significant part of German history as well and have their part in the German economy.

25. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I dont have to read through the whole thread to know that there are posts that shouldn't be here.

Obviously this is a very tough and emotional time for all of us. Myself as a father all i could do was hold my kids tight.

I have my own thoughts on this, but keep that to myself.

Be respectful to one and other and each others countries. Adam lanza is to blame here and he is DEAD.

Please dont let us have to infract anyone. STAY ON TOPIC
    Last edited by 33x; 12-16-2012 at 18:45.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Sage

Nothing does more to earn my respect than a human being sacrificing himself/herself to protect those that can't protect themselves. This teacher and her family deserve to be taken care of.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Nothing does more to earn my respect than a human being sacrificing himself/herself to protect those that can't protect themselves. This teacher and her family deserve to be taken care of.
    Precisely my thoughts.

+rep

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    IRA are different to a one man army mate....

The IRA are government based and I know and everyone else knows that

The IRA are government based NOW. They weren't when they started though, when the whole of Ireland was under UK control. They formed an illegal militia and armed themselves with illegal weapons to fight for their independence, which, with the exception of Northern Ireland, they achieved.

What is it with the American pride for guns? Why are weapons considered to be part of the American way of life? Why are some people so desperately trying to protect their guns?

Brief history lesson for you.

America is a country that was born from armed rebellion against it's tyrannical ruling government (The British).

America is unique in the world in that power in the US comes from the people, NOT the government. The 2nd Amendment was put in place to insure that the American people ALWAYS retain the ultimate power in the country. The 2nd Amendment is a Constitutional guarantee that the American people will ALWAYS have the ability to overthrow their own government and replace it if necessary.

It's not there simply to protect against crime. It's not there to protect Americans from the British. It's there to protect Americans from ANY tyrannical government, expecially their own.

This is also why the US military takes an oath to protect the Constitution for ALL enemies, both foreign AND DOMESTIC. The Military does NOT take an oath to protect the government, nor the president. They take an oath to protect the Constitution, which means that they too have the right and ability to aid the people in armed rebellion. They are bound to take orders from the president, provided the presidents orders do not conflict with the Constitution.

It is our guns which make us citizens of the US. It is your lack of guns which make you British SUBJECTS. Our government cannot subjugate us like yours does you. Little slaves who do as you're told.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 12-16-2012 at 19:27.

30. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    http://www.lp.org/news/press-release...elf-defense-in
    For Immediate Release
    Sunday, December 16, 2012
    Halt the Massacre of Innocent Children by Ending Prohibition on Self-Defense in Schools

For Immediate Release
    Dec. 16, 2012

Families throughout the nation mourn the horrific deaths of 26 people, including 20 young children, killed Friday during a Newtown, Conn., mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“It’s impossible to imagine the depths of despair and grief that the victims’ families are experiencing right now,” said Geoffrey J. Neale, Chair of the Libertarian National Committee. “Our hearts go out to every one of them.”

In the immediate aftermath of news surrounding the shootings, pundits and politicians called for new restrictions on firearm ownership, exactly the opposite of the approach needed to combat tragic gun violence in schools.

“We've created a 'gun-free zone,' a killing zone, for the sickest criminals on the face of the Earth," said R. Lee Wrights, vice-chair of the Libertarian Party. "We've given them an open killing field, and we've made the children of this country the victims."

Wrights pointed out that merely the knowledge that armed people will be present acts as a deterrent for would-be shooters.

"They're not going to walk into a police station, and why not? Because that's where the guns are," he said.

The Federal Gun Free Schools Zone Act prohibits carrying firearms on school grounds in most cases, effectively criminalizing the right to self-defense in places filled with the most vulnerable citizens. Without that federal prohibition, adults working at the school would have been free to defend themselves, very possibly saving the lives of many of the young children and adults who were slain in this horrific tragedy.

"We must stop blinding ourselves to the obvious: Most of these mass killings are happening at schools where self-defense is prohibited," said Carla Howell, executive director of the Libertarian Party. "Gun prohibition sets the stage for the slaughter of innocent children. We must repeal these anti-self-defense laws now to minimize the likelihood they will occur in the future and to the limit the damage done when they do."

Responsible gun owners can and do prevent mass shootings from occurring and escalating.

• A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
    • A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
    • A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
    • A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
    • A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
    • A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
    • A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
    • At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

For several years after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, gun prohibitionists blocked pilots from carrying firearms. But after it became undeniable that guns are an essential line of defense against hijackers and other terrorists when the lives of innocent passengers are at stake, Congress finally passed legislation allowing it.

It's time to take the same approach with teachers, school administrators, and security guards, who should be allowed to carry the tools necessary to protect the students in their care. It's time to put an end to gun-free zones and make it much easier for responsible adults to arm, train, and protect themselves and the people they love from the violent criminals who seek to harm them.

"You can't depend on somebody else to take care of your own life for you," Wrights said. "It's too precious to put it into the hands of somebody else, particularly when the seconds count."

The Libertarian Party Platform on Self-Defense states: “The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression. This right inheres in the individual, who may agree to be aided by any other individual or group. We affirm the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense. We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition.”

Thread Information