Latest PSU headlines:

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    THe only way to get rid of it is to get rid of every gun on earth. The other option is to allow people to protect themselves, and in this case, the children. There's a lot going on here. How did he get in the school is a start. From there, things can be done to slow **** like this down.
    Yep. I want to understand this myself as well.

I read a blog somewhere (I'll post a link once I find it) about a mother and her mentally-challenged son.

For me, maybe a better system of weeding out these people is the best (not perfect) answer.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    We'll know more as the investigation goes on about it all. That will put some answers out there. Right now, it's a bunch of facts, buried under assumptions and rumor.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I agree with what some are saying in that America needs more guns and less gun free zones. If someone was in the vacinity with a gun he or she could have seriously hurt this guy after only a few deaths. Or even 0 deaths.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Elite Sage
    It's impossible to protect every place on the earth. If it is not kindergarten, then it could be library. If not that, then hospital. If not that, then church etc. One locked door isn't going to stop the willing that well. Not even Big Brother can help on this one, as USA is too large country and it's impossible to govern and watch every part of the land.
    Like I said earlier, these kind of shootings never happen only because of reason 1, reason 2 or reason 3. There are plenty of factors for every case why someone is/goes nuts, why someone gets to the point that this is a great idea and why so many died. Just focusing on gun policy or focusing on mental health care aren't answers. We can lower shootings with education and helping those who are suffering from mental issues. But there will ALWAYS be bad apples, no matter how great education and mental health care is and for that there needs to be changes in gun control that these people won't get their hands on weapons where they can kill multiple times more people than with a knife.

This thread has too many "either with us or with them" kind of attitudes. It's impossible to discuss and find a solution which could make country safer and better for everyone, if one side thinks "they will take every gun from everyone" or "everyone with a gun is psycho".
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I agree with what some are saying in that America needs more guns and less gun free zones. If someone was in the vacinity with a gun he or she could have seriously hurt this guy after only a few deaths. Or even 0 deaths.
    It would be a major set to the mind of an attacker knowing that every teacher in that school could be packing.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    While more guns could mean a better chance of stopping people like this before it goes really bad, it can also mean more chance of others getting guns easier to use and they would be more accessible.

Having the whole population rely on guns to sort out these problems ( mental people) is NOT the way to go

7. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Why stop there? Surely preventing kids form holding guns has led to this?

Why not allow them to carry Would've have given the kids a chance to defend themselves.

I am advocating letting kids carry guns. There is an age limit though and I don't think it feasible to have a kindergarten kid have a gun. I'd say between the ages of 12-18 is when a kid should be allowed to carry in school. Of course, educating them on their use of firearms and for what purpose is paramount.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I am advocating letting kids carry guns. There is an age limit though and I don't think it feasible to have a kindergarten kid have a gun. I'd say between the ages of 12-18 is when a kid should be allowed to carry in school. Of course, educating them on their use of firearms and for what purpose is paramount.
    Teens are being educated to drive but many still drive too recklessly.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I'm wholly against guns, but the fact remains that even if guns were outlawed, bad people are still going to get a hold of them one way or another. So if the good people can't get them but the bad people still can, that's not very comforting. I wish we didn't live in a world like this, but that's how it is. Whether guns are easier or harder to get... or outlawed entirely... there is always going to be a way for idiots to get them. I do agree that our gun laws are too lax.

I don't think educating people on guns is going to stop crazy people from using them.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Westboro Baptist Church... Has 'plans' for the funeral of the children. Anonymous took action due to this.

http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anon...l-information/
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Dedicated Member
    Sorry if it's already been posted:

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.c...kable.html?m=1

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church... Has 'plans' for the funeral of the children. Anonymous took action due to this.

Those people are scum and filled with nothing but hate for anyone that doesn't conform to their cult.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    I dont have to read through the whole thread to know that there are posts that shouldn't be here.

Obviously this is a very tough and emotional time for all of us. Myself as a father all i could do was hold my kids tight.

I have my own thoughts on this, but keep that to myself.

Be respectful to one and other and each others countries. Adam lanza is to blame here and he is DEAD.

Please dont let us have to infract anyone. STAY ON TOPIC
    I find it quite ironic that of those posts you speak of I was the only one to receive a 5-point infraction for speaking out loud. Hell, I didn't even insult anyone in particular, these America vs Europe debates have been going on for ages.

Oh well, thanks Blacksite.

Indoril Nerevar
    You want to give 12-year old children guns and send them to school? Oh, Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

Good. The people from that church are horrible, horrible people.
    Last edited by Rapture; 12-16-2012 at 22:33.

Elite Member
    First the polices said the rifle was left in the car and he only carry the pistol inside. Now the medical examiner is saying all the kids/teachers were shot with a rifle...

how did the principle not see that he was carrying a rifle? And if he didn't carry a rifle inside how the hell did they get shot with rifle rounds...this is getting weird.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Arming principals i s not the answer (they're not trained, it's not a videogame - they're not gonna react like some Jason Brody/FarCry3 character).
    Missing the point. It wasn't about "give every principal a gun". The point was that if they already have the license to carry, DON'T take it away from them in specific locations, because those locations are the ones targeted by gunmen specifically because they're 'gun-free'.

No no noooooo. Regardless of education, the maturity level simply isn't there in that age range. 21+ for a handgun it should stay that way.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I say if they can buy it, they should be able to carry it. Otherwise, no. A twelve year open carry in school... lol. There's too much funny in that idea.

Forum Sage

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Or just have one or two cops patrolling the schools? Lol.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Home Theater Guru
    And that right here proves my entire point.

EDIT: Peanutbuttermunky, you really need to back out of this discussion. First you think I'm British and then you call me ignorant despite having proven the exact opposite.

Classy.
    Last edited by Wrath; 12-16-2012 at 22:54.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    And that right here proves my entire point.

EDIT: Peanutbuttermunky, you really need to back out of this discussion. First you think I'm British and then you call me ignorant despite having proven the exact opposite.

Classy.
    My point was people are neglecting history. You're blowing something so trivial out of proportion. I couldn't care less what country you're from... unlike some people in here making asinine comments about one country laughing at another country. People are just people.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Home Theater Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    My point was people are neglecting history. You're blowing something so trivial out of proportion. I couldn't care less what country you're from.
    You told me to study my history. However, there is no such thing as "European history" by itself. Each country has its very distinct past and needs to be examined individually before general assumptions can be made.

You know, Europe is not a country.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Or just have one or two cops patrolling the schools? Lol.
    This. Like I've said several times... we have officers in our schools. They've stopped things from happening before it was too late. While they are there, our patrol officers go to each school several times a day to do a walk through. It's helpful.

Supreme Veteran

Ending the prohibition of guns in public places like schools, malls, theaters, etc. Allow teachers and students alike to carry protection after a certain age.
    Could be a solution, but a failure to

Life is filled with uncertainties and that is a fear... With this evil act and others

We have as people accept that people have changed since centuries past and evolution has drafted a people of self hatred and mistrust among each other.

This act is not directly part of what I said...

This act was self choice and drowned in hatred of life and everything around him

We live a life of multiple choice, rules, laws, outcomes, conspiracy, hate, love, violence, acts of misunderstood reasons why..

It's a complicated world and life we lead... To try and understand it, would drive you insane

This guy killed his mother because he was not getting attention or breast feed day in day out, he felt alone and lost on why his mother give attention to others and not him only.

So if he wiped out the other attention seekers, all attention would be on him

But he realized his act and reconsidered his action as wrong and evil. So to escape this nightmare

Taking his life was the only way out
    Last edited by claud3; 12-16-2012 at 23:34.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I say if they can buy it, they should be able to carry it. Otherwise, no. A twelve year open carry in school... lol. There's too much funny in that idea.

Thread Information