Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 41424 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This. Like I've said several times... we have officers in our schools. They've stopped things from happening before it was too late. While they are there, our patrol officers go to each school several times a day to do a walk through. It's helpful.
    The only issue with that is in many places the funding for police has been cut (Camden, NJ, for example, had to drastically reduce its police force), so in a lot of cases they don't have the manpower to do it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think having teenagers in school with weapons promotes anything of a solution.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Could be a solution, but a failure to

Life is filled with uncertainties and that is fear... With this evil act and others

We have as people accept that people have change since centuries past and evolution has drafted a people of self hatred and mistrust among each other.

This act is not directly part of what I said...

This act was self choice and drowned in hatred of life and everything around him

We live a life of multiple choice, rules, laws, outcomes, conspiracy, hate, love, violence, acts of misunderstood reasons why..

It's a complicated world and life we lead... To try and understand it, would drive you insane

This guy killed his mother because he was not getting attention or breast feed day in day out, he felt alone and lost on why his mother give attention to others and not him only.

So if he wiped out the other attention seekers, all attention would be on him

But he realized his act and reconsider his action as wrong and evil. So to escape this nightmare

Taking his life was the only way out
    Don't assume you know what's going on in someone's mind when they do something like this.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I don't think having teenagers in school with weapons promotes anything of a solution.
    That sounds like a very scary notion.

I agree with the cops being on campus. I don't know why this isn't a mandatory law. And I don't mean patrolling every now and then, I mean on campus all day.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    What's a scary notion? That I don't think teenagers should have guns in school?

Administrator
    What's a scary notion? That I don't think teenagers should have guns in school?
    No, teens having guns in school is a scary notion.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    This is the article I was on about. Gives insight as to what these kids/people may be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church... Has 'plans' for the funeral of the children. Anonymous took action due to this.

http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anon...l-information/
    *facepalm*

Can't some of these religious groups just stay out of the "limelight" for just one second? Leave these families alone.

This. Like I've said several times... we have officers in our schools. They've stopped things from happening before it was too late. While they are there, our patrol officers go to each school several times a day to do a walk through. It's helpful.
    This is probably a really good solution.

But would that affect state schools being merged/closed down due to "funding" just to cut down on the number of cops patrolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You told me to study my history. However, there is no such thing as "European history" by itself. Each country has its very distinct past and needs to be examined individually before general assumptions can be made.

You know, Europe is not a country.
    It clearly is to some.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Don't assume you know what's going on in someone's mind when they do something like this.
    Look I am just posting what I think that's all, nothing less nothing more

We are all doing it.

From were I am sitting that's how I see it... And that's just my opinion
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    Students most certainly should not be able to handle weapons in school. Maybe, maybe, maybe college students could be allowed, but even that's a stretch. If my time in school has taught me anything it's that kids can be the worst kind of people. It's a stupid idea, and people will get hurt and killed.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Are we wanted guns in hands or guns in real hands
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Students most certainly should not be able to handle weapons in school. Maybe, maybe, maybe college students could be allowed, but even that's a stretch. If my time in school has taught me anything it's that kids can be the worst kind of people. It's a stupid idea, and people will get hurt and killed.
    You do realize there are college students that carry legally everywhere but on their campus, right?

Friendship is Carrots
    Why wouldn't I?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    With a population of over 300+million and a government of 20,000

You wonder why it's hard to manage what is wrong...

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    to stop crazy people from killing people we should just kill everyone before some crazy person hurts someone

or we can give teachers guns

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    to stop crazy people from killing people we should just kill everyone before some crazy person hurts someone
    If we do this, then we're no better than the Reapers.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    I think that would be optimal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Look I am just posting what I think that's all, nothing less nothing more

We are all doing it.

From were I am sitting that's how I see it... And that's just my opinion
    Then be clearer that it is just your opinion. You presented those statements in a factual manner.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Why wouldn't I?
    Just making sure you and others realize that.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Then be clearer that it is just your opinion. You presented those statements in a factual manner.
    My bad mate...But it's an jumped assumption and that is what I produced as an opinion

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    It's part of our national identity. Guns were and are an instrument of checks and balances and nothing you say is going to change that fact. Because the everyday average American has at least one firearm, the average American can push back against the worst offenses and ideas designed with tyranny and oppression in mind. Say what you will but I know that you understand this perfectly well. It has been drilled into your skull time and again with every thread concerning guns, murders, shootings, politics and the military. You're gonna have to accept the fact that we're not gonna change for anyone... ever.
    as much as i dont' want to get drawn into this.... you may also have to accept these tragedies as a regular occurance if guns are so readily available. its a simple fact that if here, in the uk, (*and this is not a 'we're better than you comment, just an observation*) a student wanted to cause as much damage they would find it very difficult to get hold of a weapon capable of doing so. i'm sure they could attempt something similar, but its the scale that makes this so shocking, and its the weapon that facilitated the scale.

and, in all honesty, the idea of checks and balances is wildly outdated imo. if the government turned on the population it would have the army on side. and if that was the case, you'd lose, or the army would shy away from slaughtering you. its probably why the second amendment can't be wheeled out in defense of owning a tank.

and this is ignoring the fact that no western government would want to turn on its population anyway. you are already where they want you. you make them, and those around them, rich. you seen any of the members of congress suffering from austerity? because our parliament certainly isn't....

fear of tyranny really shouldn't have much to do with it
    Last edited by J3ff3; 12-17-2012 at 03:37.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

21. Likes Mael Duin, Wrath , YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Apprentice

Well anybody read one of the more recent news posts on the home page? Wouldn't you know Video games were mentioned as a possible contributer to this. For the simple reason that people are saying that the guy was a gamer. Figures. That's what the media tends to do when they don't have answers. They have to blame something. Guns were the first thing, now games are being mentioned. I would be interested to see an autopsy report. A "normal" person just doesn't do something like this.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Well anybody read one of the more recent news posts on the home page? Wouldn't you know Video games were mentioned as a possible contributer to this. For the simple reason that people are saying that the guy was a gamer. Figures. That's what the media tends to do when they don't have answers. They have to blame something. Guns were the first thing, now games are being mentioned. I would be interested to see an autopsy report. A "normal" person just doesn't do something like this.
    its just diversionary i guess.

out of interest, why aren't gun laws tighter in terms of where you can keep them? ie a lock box?

would most object to this? i know its not perfect by any means, but might stop kids getting hold of them so arbitrarily

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok this comparing cultures have got to stop. If USA was to suddenly ban guns they would still be easy to get just like DRUGS, WHICH ARE ILLEGAL YET EASY TO GET, and it would cause more violence, JUST LIKE BANING ALCHOOL DID. Most gun related incidence have, AND HAS BEEN LINKED MANY TIMES IN THREAD, been used with a relative weapons. This is more of a case of someone not locking up their guns properly and you can not baby sit everyone. I have guns and they are all locked in a safe where only me and wife know pass code.

Bottom line is it is far to late to out right ban guns like some people suggest. We are looking at guns and not one of you "ban gun" people have even show the slightest interest in, make health care not a business and re-institutionalize America so those who have mental problems get the help they need, argument even a hint of acknowledgement. STOP looking at the tool and start asking yourselves why a person with mental sickness was not given the help he needed(of course this post will prob be ignored like my others because it shifts focus from guns and guns are bad mmmkay)

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    its just diversionary i guess.

out of interest, why aren't gun laws tighter in terms of where you can keep them? ie a lock box?

would most object to this? i know its not perfect by any means, but might stop kids getting hold of them so arbitrarily
    A GOOD gun owner would have their guns locked up aside from the home defense one. Sadly most do not do this.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Ok this comparing cultures have got to stop. If USA was to suddenly ban guns they would still be easy to get just like DRUGS, WHICH ARE ILLEGAL YET EASY TO GET, and it would cause more violence, JUST LIKE BANING ALCHOOL DID. Most gun related incidence have, AND HAS BEEN LINKED MANY TIMES IN THREAD, been used with a relative weapons. This is more of a case of someone not locking up their guns properly and you can not baby sit everyone. I have guns and they are all locked in a safe where only me and wife know pass code.

Bottom line is it is far to late to out right ban guns like some people suggest. We are looking at guns and not one of you "ban gun" people have even show the slightest interest in, make health care not a business and re-institutionalize America so those who have mental problems get the help they need, argument even a hint of acknowledgement. STOP looking at the tool and start asking yourselves why a person with mental sickness was not given the help he needed(of course this post will prob be ignored like my others because it shifts focus from guns and guns are bad mmmkay)

A GOOD gun owner would have their guns locked up aside from the home defense one. Sadly most do not do this.
    people will always go undiagnosed with mental health issues. people will always have 'breaks', when otherwise recovered. adequate profiling and mental health provision will not prevent this. legislation on who and what people have access to, weapons wise, will.

regardless, being against your current gun laws, or their justification =/= an outright ban on weapons. it can also mean considering what regulation is put in place. we can have guns here, they are just strictly controlled, and penalties are harsh. you need to be less worried about comparisons with other countries, and more worried about whether you neighbours are as stringent and sensible with their firearms as you are.

unfortunately, as you say, a GOOD owner would have them locked away, but the problem is, as gun supporters point out, that people are the problem. its a problem that laws and legal systems are designed to help.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 12-17-2012 at 04:05.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    people will always go undiagnosed with mental health issues. people will always have 'breaks', when otherwise recovered.

and besides being against your current gun laws, or their justification =/= an outright ban on weapons. it can also mean considering what regulation is put in place. we can have guns here, they are just strictly regulated. you need to be less worried about comparisons with other countries, and more worried about whether you neighbours are as stringent and sensible with their firearms as you are.

unfortunately, as you say, a GOOD owner would have them locked away, but the problem is, as gun supporters point out, that people are the problem. its a problem that laws and legal systems are designed to help.
    I fully agree with you, I was aiming at the people who did say ban all guns in USA will magicly solve it. There have been a few, Stricter gun laws? now I will have to see what defines that but I do not think we need it as much as we need people to just have a little bit more common sense with guns. The law can only do so much. Bottom line is stupid people will always be stupid. Common sense is not a strong point in USA I admit that and so will anyone who has worked retail here lol.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Thread Information