Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 652
  1. #526
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,877 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They are just saying he is mentally unstable, because it's just so easy to attach that label to him...
    we will never know the true story why he did it
    but the movie theater shooting was out to send a msg this sandy school shooter was prolly following the joker shooter msg
    Last edited by -Dj-; 12-19-2012 at 15:26.



  2. #527
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,877 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    u mean like a martyr?

    They said he did destroy his Computer, maybe he was reached out by someone through the net who manipulated him to do such act.
    they said he is a very very smart kid i bet his plan ect was on his computer he didn't want anyone to see it



  3. #528
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's one of the problems.... Copycats always follow

    Like in los Angeles, when the guys were arrested for threatening a elementary school. A day after the sandy hook massacre
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  4. #529
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,877 (302,302 Banked)
    they doing it for the greater good maybe?



  5. #530
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    in all honesty? have you looked? it likely doesn't fit with what you want to see - and it doesn't fit with what your government and lobbies really want to hear.

    i can find you many scholarly articles that link gun ownership to homicide rates that specifically state that little or no substitution for other weapons would occur if gun availability was reduced. one links illegal arms to homicide rates, and suggests that while no correlation exists in their view between legitimate weapons and homicide, the security of those weapons is important. given that americans won't secure their weapons by choice, the obvious answer becomes some sort of legislation. education can help, but as you've mentioned, you've tried that too. perhaps a combination of the two.

    several of the articles also mention that gun legislation struggles to work because of the variance in the laws and number of weapons in circulation in their own and neighbouring states. that just points to poor execution, which is no reason to not consider tighter controls.

    anyway, all articles are from major scholarly publications and came up in the first few pages of a simple search (gun crime US). it just isn't as black and white as you want it to be.


    again though - i really don't care enough to get to drawn into this. my point is not to show you that 'i'm right' and 'you're wrong', but to perhaps show you that it isn't just black and white. in all honesty my view is only that you cannot dismiss greater control in an off-hand way. you've barely tried it. plenty of intelligent people disagree with your views based on empirical and theoretical evidence. so why just shut out the other side of the argument?

    eitherway i'm pretty much done. no offense, but i've spent a reasonable amount of time on this and i have an exam coming up soon! been interesting though.
    You misunderstand my post. I'm talking about individuals. Those studies don't really have anything to do with what I just said. You have various people, politicians, and celebrities calling for various kinds/levels of gun control.

    But no individuals who meet the above criteria.

    Would you like to hear my belief as to why they don't exist?

    In addition to realizing that guns are just a symptom of the larger issue at hand, such individuals realize that the vast majority of gun laws make no sense and/or address pointless aspects of guns that can either be easily circumvented or make no tangible difference in a weapons capability.

    It doesn't help that lawmakers in the US have a pretty poor history of passing decent gun control legislation in the first place.

    Just as an example, look at the law concerning AR15's (.223 caliber) in the UK, vs a state like california. You will see the absurdity of CA laws very quickly.

    Regarding you comment about gun owners securing their weapons properly, what makes you think they (vast majority) don't already do so.

    They already have significant motivation (theft/misuse which ends up with the weapon being used to commit a crime/murder, and the (significant) financial costs of such losses.

  6. #531
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,249
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,449 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    What the $#@! is going on in this thread anymore.
    No idea...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  7. #532
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well it's just what the cops have said, so have reporters to

    Saying the guy is mentally ill.... Which is most likely wrong

    We just don't know
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  8. #533
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I find it interesting that what they are saying about this nutcase, is pretty similar to the Virginia Tech shooter. I watched a pretty good in depth documentary on the VTM yesterday...wow. Link if anyone is interested.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  9. #534
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Again, because its so easy to label them as nutcases

    Besides actually looking into what, where, why, how and who
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  10. #535
    Dedicated Member
    Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    15,210 (0 Banked)
    Kid wasn't loved by anyone.

  11. #536
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,646
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,640 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    You have a link to this, I haven't been able to fin anything along those lines here from the UK press.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2329508.html
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  12. #537
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Thanks.


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  13. #538
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's hard to get actual truth to this here in the UK, because its filtered before reaching here and vice versa news from here to the u.s
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  14. #539
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Again, because its so easy to label them as nutcases

    Besides actually looking into what, where, why, how and who
    Because he was a $#@!ing nutcase. You simply don't do something like this without being a nutcase.

    I agree should be looking into "what, where, why, how, and who".
    What made him a nutcase?
    Where did he become a nutcase?
    Why was he a nutcase?
    How did he become a nutcase?
    Who influenced him becoming a nutcase?

    A mentally stable individual doesn't go on a killing spree. A mentally stable individual doesn't want to kill himself.
    Last edited by Shibby; 12-19-2012 at 20:56.


  15. Likes Admartian likes this post
  16. #540
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,877 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Because he was a $#@!ing nutcase. You simply don't do something like this without being a nutcase.

    I agree should be looking into "what, where, why, how, and who".
    What made him a nutcase?
    Where did he become a nutcase?
    Why was he a nutcase?
    How did he become a nutcase?
    Who influenced him becoming a nutcase?

    A mentally stable individual doesn't go on a killing spree. A mentally stable individual doesn't want to kill himself.
    soldiers kill way more then that kid but they are mark a hero



  17. #541
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,646
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,640 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    soldiers kill way more then that kid but they are mark a hero
    Not the same thing at all.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  18. #542
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,611
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    79,877 (302,302 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Not the same thing at all.
    how its not the same? killing is killing
    the only different the gov told that soldier kill that man/person
    btw
    i don't want look like a $#@! or anything in my posts



  19. #543
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,646
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    11,640 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    how its not the same? killing is killing
    the only different the gov told that soldier kill that man/person
    btw
    i don't want look like a $#@! or anything in my posts
    Context. The world is not as black and white as most people would like to believe. And it really has nothing to do with the original topic.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

  20. #544
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    soldiers kill way more then that kid but they are mark a hero
    and in a lot of cases, it $#@!s with their heads, because it is simply an unnatural thing for people to do.


  21. #545
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Look nutcases do kill a lot... But as I said

    I could go out and kill people for no reason...That does not make me a nutcase
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  22. #546
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Because you don't actually go out and do it. If you did, it would make you a nutcase.


  23. #547
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,124
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    44,869 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Look nutcases do kill a lot... But as I said

    I could go out and kill people for no reason...That does not make me a nutcase
    lol yeah it would. Especially if it were for no reason.
    I am the oncoming storm.



  24. #548
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Maybe so... But then again I could just act and say stuff to make me crazy

    But I know that I am not... Even if I act normal as i would, they would still classifies me a nutcase... and it would be so hard to disprove that label
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  25. #549
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    That would make you even more of a nutcase.


  26. Likes Admartian , claud3 likes this post
  27. #550
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok I admit is not sense..... But you have to understand the flaw in the argument that the cops and reporters are making
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.