Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    Jonestown over 900 killed, guess what no guns involve. Plus Airplane killed 3000 ppl in 9- 11- 2001 let ban all airplanes.
    Just improve airport securities...
    America was the only land which got attacks from their own stolen aircrafts. Its America, what else should i say?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    Tragic news this morning.
    There is no easy solution for these kinds of tragic events that are happening more and more in our country. I like many don't blame guns for the actions of these criminals, but I hope we can come together and work a possible solution to these heinous acts against our innocent people.
    yes there is get rid of your guns problem solve
    look at canada we don't have 9mm pistols and assist rifles at our local stores guess what we haven't had major shoots out in long time if we did the guns came from USA and always deal with gangs

guns don't keep people safe guns just going hurt people thats it

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    These people are not criminals. Insane people cannot be criminals.
    There is something deeper going on in the mind of these people, and it appears to be a product of the society around them.
    We are all a product of the society in which we are bought up in, our circumstances go straight to the core of our values and our mental state of well being.
    Agreed.
    There is no doubt that these actions are beyond criminal, there is no one word that can describe those who carry out these events.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    look at canada we don't have 9mm pistols and assist rifles at our local stores guess what we haven't had major shoots out in long time if we did the guns came from USA and always deal with gangs

So far fetched. Canada has one of the highest gun ownership numbers in the world.

Finally You Are Free
    Good post, Vulgotha. I had a feeling you would deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Simply making cabin doors stronger is both easier and cheaper.

America was the only land which got attacks from their own stolen aircrafts. Its America, what else should i say?
    What kind of rhetorical statement is that? Before the events of 9/11 a plane has never been used as a weapon. What, did planes from Europe have magical 'terrorist' detecting devices that would have prevented the hijacking of a plane there? "Those silly Americans, not being prepared for world changing events that they couldn't have predicted!"

Your post is ridiculous. Have you read any of the thread? You really should.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I understand the 12 gauge slug i.e its not multiple pellets and more like a bullet?
    But the other things I have no clue.
    Take a trip to wikipedia/google/bing.

Forum Sage
    There have been plenty of hijackings of aircraft belonging to/operated by european airliners.

Canada is irrelevant.

You can't compare a country of 30 million to one of 310 million (along with various other significant differences).

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Could they add metal scanners into the schools so that people have to be scanned before going in? My local college in UK has them now, they been there for years only way to enter the college is to get scanned and checked in.

Thank you itachi

Elite Sage
    So basically in short, "ban guns" isn't solving anything, but there should be changes and better background check on people who are trying to get license to carry a gun. Maybe changes what kind of guns too. But you will not solve anything just focusing on that, because these kind of people as the shooter need HELP. There should be better services for people who have mental issues and everyone who wants help should receive one.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Could they add metal scanners into the schools so that people have to be scanned before going in? My local college in UK has them now, they been there for years only way to enter the college is to get scanned and checked in.

What would this prevent? Unless there were armed personnel there, the individual could just lay into everyone.

Knives, guns, brass knuckles, explosives..

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Good post, Vulgotha. I had a feeling you would deliver.

Simply making cabin doors stronger is both easier and cheaper.

What kind of rhetorical statement is that? Before the events of 9/11 a plane has never been used as a weapon. What, did planes from Europe have magical 'terrorist' detecting devices that would have prevented the hijacking of a plane there? "Those silly Americans, not being prepared for world changing events that they couldn't have predicted!"

Your post is ridiculous. Have you read any of the thread? You really should.
    Im not talking about the aircraft security but about the airport overall security. Is it so hard to understand how different those two are? In order to get an aircraft you have to get there with weapons and devices before you hijack it.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Many schools give out passes and people have to check in. It seems good and def works to those abiding by it, but if someone wants to do something no amount of metal detectors or check in will stop them. Well the dumb ones may get caught.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

13. Likes F34R likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What would this prevent? Unless there were armed personnel there, the individual could just lay into everyone.

Knives, guns, brass knuckles, explosives..
    Guess thats true, but it would help to make sure theres a fast response time if anything is found, even if it doesnt stop it from happening, it could still make a difference.

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If Conneticut had concealed carry then maybe this guy would have been taken out before he had a chance to kill anybody. Or if there was open carry he might not have done it at all when he sees in plain sight that there are armed citizens that are able to defend themselves with lethal force. Gun control only disarms law abiding citizens and this guy would have just chose another method in which to kill or would have bought a gun on the black market.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-14-2012 at 23:32.

Finally You Are Free
    Im not talking about the aircraft security but about the airport overall security. Is it so hard to understand how different those two are? In order to get an aircraft you have to get there with weapons and devices before you hijack it.
    If the intention is to hijack planes, then you only need to make it more difficult or impossible for people to get into the cabins. Done! If you issue is a bombing or shooting, you realize you don't need an airport for that, right? I purported a cheaper and easier solution.

Good in itneitons but I have to ask if it's practical. There's well over 100,000 schools in the United states.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-14-2012 at 23:35.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Most schools already have this in place. My kids elementary school has it. The doors are locked beyond the office where you have to go to get let in after school has started. Just like this school involved in this tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    So basically in short, "ban guns" isn't solving anything, but there should be changes and better background check on people who are trying to get license to carry a gun. Maybe changes what kind of guns too. But you will not solve anything just focusing on that, because these kind of people as the shooter need HELP. There should be better services for people who have mental issues and everyone who wants help should receive one.
    This guy didn't own a gun. The only real solution would be to eliminate guns 100% in this country and never allow another one to come to the country, EVER. That would be mean that this entire country didn't have any guns, even the military...
    Guess thats true, but it would help to make sure theres a fast response time if anything is found, even if it doesnt stop it from happening, it could still make a difference.
    Fast response times... the shooting of these poor victims probably took less than five minutes. By the time the initial call was given for police, it was basically over unless the help was literally in the parking lot already.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    If the intention is to hijack planes, then you only need to make it more difficult or impossible for people to get into the cabins. Done! If you issue is a bombing or shooting, you realize you don't need an airport for that, right? I purported a cheaper and easier solution.

Good in itneitons but I have to ask if it's practical. There's well over 100,000 schools in the United states.

You still dont get it
    When you want to hijack a plane is not like hijacking a car on a public parking where the only security available is the cars one. If you want to hijack an aircraft you have to bypass the whole airport security with weapons and hijacking devices. Its not the planes security that matters but the airports.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 12-14-2012 at 23:42.

Finally You Are Free
    No. Quite evidently you are the one who does not understand, then.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So far fetched. Canada has one of the highest gun ownership numbers in the world.
    all them are for hunting i can't buy ak or 9mm

Elite Sage
    http://kotaku.com/5968569/fox-news-l...nt-video-games

That didn't take long.
    We have yet to hear all the details on today's horrific shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, which claimed the lives of 27 people this morning. News is still trickling in as we learn about what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.
    But Fox News is already bringing in experts to link the massacre to reality TV, Facebook, and... computer games. Of course. You can watch the clip above.
    This guy didn't own a gun. The only real solution would be to eliminate guns 100% in this country and never allow another one to come to the country, EVER. That would be mean that this entire country didn't have any guns, even the military...
    I didn't say anything about eliminating guns 100%. What kind of guns did the guy use? Are those for example good for hunting? Not manhunting. No, I'm not supporting "ban all guns" because its utopic and stupid idea but you have to admit that there should be changes in current gun policy.
    Last edited by Mael Duin; 12-14-2012 at 23:52.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    No. Quite evidently you are the one who does not understand, then.
    Looks like american schools dont suffer only in security but also in education...
    First you post something about Norway which has absolutely nothing to do with switzerland and now you say that improving pilot cabins is the best option? Lol no the best option is to establish an airport security which doesnt give access to planes so people hijack them...
    Last edited by Cybertox; 12-14-2012 at 23:51.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    all them are for hunting i can't buy ak or 9mm
    They still own guns... Also, just because you can't go to a store and buy it, does that mean they don't exist?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They still own guns... Also, just because you can't go to a store and buy it, does that mean they don't exist?
    our gangs get them from usa

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    our gangs get them from usa
    smh. You can buy handguns in Canada... it's not just Gangs. Not all handguns are illegal in your country. Just by your saying that people illegally can get weapons, means taking them away from legal owners doesn't do ANY GOOD at all.

Finally You Are Free
    Looks like american schools dont suffer only in security but also in education...
    First you post something about Norwey which has absolutely nothing to do with switzerland and now you say that improving pilot cabins is the best option? Lol no the best option is to establish an airport security which doesnt give access to people who hijack planes.
    Oh, so you're not only insulting my intelligence (and potentially the other Americans here) after not understanding my posts, but now you've confused me with MATRIX 2. The irony. You should realize and attempt to understand my responses to you before you decide to act like an ass. I already made my argument clear once before, but I'll do it again for your benefit: If the agenda is to hijack a plane then stronger doors would prohibit that. If instead the goal is to cause a shooting or bombing, then an airport isn't necessary; one could easily just bomb a subway, a large building, or a movie theater.

You really should watch your tone next time.

Thread Information