Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Ok, so you have no argument. All I needed to hear.

Both views contradict each other. Gun control inherently infringes on the second amendment, you can't get around that.
    No argument needed. I never said one doesn't infringe on the other. In reality, we already have the 2nd amendment, gasp, and *cough.. gun control. Impossible!!!?? smh

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No argument needed. I never said one doesn't infringe on the other. In reality, we already have the 2nd amendment, gasp, and *cough.. gun control. Impossible!!!?? smh

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    When somebody says they are in favor of GC I take it they want more than what already exists as law.

You can't go much further than the current laws without significantly infringing a persons 2nd amendment rights.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Stop. Stop talking about gun control.

We've had this discussion before, and all it is is the same people making the same point, repeating yourself for the sake of repeating yourself. I don't even need to read the last 4 pages to know that is the case.

A week and a half before Christmas, many families had their worlds crushed because of a selfish piece of $#@!. Focus on that.

5. Likes Marcsony, mynd , Wrath likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Stop. Stop talking about gun control.

We've had this discussion before, and all it is is the same people making the same point, repeating yourself for the sake of repeating yourself. I don't even need to read the last 4 pages to know that is the case.

A week and a half before Christmas, many families had their worlds crushed because of a selfish piece of $#@!. Focus on that.
    I would, but certain groups move to take advantage of such a situation. I react to those efforts.

Friendship is Carrots
    Ok, so you have no argument. All I needed to hear.

Both views contradict each other. Gun control inherently infringes on the second amendment, you can't get around that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

There's certainly a medium between the two.

Instead you'd rather have us lament rather than discuss the causes and potential solutions to the tragedy that happened? Sorry, but no.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The strategy of The amendment will hold and nothing will change

You have to understand, a right is mightier than the decision
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Instead you'd rather have us lament rather than discuss the causes and potential solutions to the tragedy that happened? Sorry, but no.
    When there's zero progression whatsoever to the discussion and it's just the same ramblings over and over and over again, yes.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

There's certainly a medium between the two.

Would be nice if you were discussing that, but you are not, you are discussing about limiting the damage this $#@!ed up individual could do. Not what made him so $#@!ed up.

I doubt you will find the fact that America doesn't have gun control being high on the reasons he become an unfeeling, uncaring person with clearly had a lot of hate for his family and society.

11. Likes Arimax, Vulgotha, Shibby likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Life is dust, just brush it to the side,were is life will empty it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Would be nice if you were discussing that, but you are not, you are discussing about limiting the damage this $#@!ed up individual could do. Not what made him so $#@!ed up.

I doubt you will find the fact that America doesn't have gun control being high on the reasons he become an unfeeling, uncaring person with clearly had a lot of hate for his family and society.
    That's a problem with the media. They have this feeding frenzy to jump on a situation like this and cover it as much as possible to get ratings and push their agenda. Even when there is a lack of facts or the existing facts about the situation are unclear. They will take anything and jump on it to try and get and edge over other networks. And people just eat it up.

You have to address that issue in order to solve the main cause of why people do these things.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Life is dust, just brush it to the side,were is life will empty it
    claud3, u worry me sometime with ur post...

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    I was wrong. Not the same guy.

Reading some of his tweets gave me the impression that it was him.
    No, they $#@!ed up and threw the wrong person under the bus. I really hope he sues the $#@! out of CNN/Fox/other media outlets. His name and rep is $#@!ed now because they didn't bother to check their sources because blasting false info and $#@!ing up someone's life.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    No, they $#@!ed up and threw the wrong person under the bus. I really hope he sues the $#@! out of CNN/Fox/other media outlets. His name and rep is $#@!ed now because they didn't bother to check their sources because blasting false info and $#@!ing up someone's life.
    What I don't get is, even if that was the actually person, people giving him $#@! on twitter.. why? It's not like he would have been able to read it..

Friendship is Carrots
    When there's zero progression whatsoever to the discussion and it's just the same ramblings over and over and over again, yes.
    I wouldn't say there's been zero progression. Some people here are thick-headed and others certainly too prideful in their methods of thinking, but I think every bit of this sort of discussion accomplishes something for people reading.

You've either confused me for someone else or very clearly have not read all of my posts. Must I link you here, or here? What about this one? Can this one count, even if it's outside of this thread?
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    deleted

Veteran
    Can anyone clarify the thing about the father? I saw some sources (posted here) that he killed his dad in New Jersey before going to the school. The CNN article I read that they went to question his dad after they questioned the brother, but that's it.
    Last edited by Shibby; 12-15-2012 at 01:46.

Forum Sage
    Can anyone clarify the thing about the father? I saw some sources (posted here) that he killed his dad in New Jersey before going to the school. The CNN article I read says that his dad lives in Connecticut and they went to question him after they questioned the brother.
    He killed his mom in CT before going to the school. His dad and brother live in NJ and are being questioned by the police.

Veteran
    Ok thanks. Yeah I figured it wouldn't be very likely that he'd have gone down to Jersey from CT, then back up to CT.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    How could you do that to those babies? But I'm glad he killed himself. His punishment is only beginning. The Lord will claim my vengeance upon this piece of garbage.

My prayers are with the family, friends and associates of the babies and adults who were robbed of their lives today. God bless the families and give them strength.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Sage

When somebody says they are in favor of GC I take it they want more than what already exists as law.

You can't go much further than the current laws without significantly infringing a persons 2nd amendment rights.
    Actually, any law that puts restrictions, guidelines, limitations, stipulations, protocol, construes to deny or disparage someone's otherwise inalienable rights as is the case with guns, not only infringes on the 2nd amendment, but also infringes on the 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th and 14th Amendments as well. What we need is less regulation and more education from an early age. Actually, if I could, I would like to see gun ownership be compulsory. The more people who are armed, the safer the population actually is. Of course, I cannot stress enough the importance of a proper education.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I wouldn't say there's been zero progression. Some people here are thick-headed and others certainly too prideful in their methods of thinking, but I think every bit of this sort of discussion accomplishes something for people reading.

You've either confused me for someone else or very clearly have not read all of my posts. Must I link you here, or here? What about this one? Can this one count, even if it's outside of this thread?
    Not convinced you still doing anything there constructive there other than pointing out that its not the gun but the person involved.
    People need to move beyond that and discuss what causes a person to have "mental issues" as you put it.

If we continue to sweep the argument as "gun control" vs "The person not the gun" it misses the point entirely.

How on earth in society did this person get the to state of thinking this was a valid option.
    Was he isolated?
    Was he abused?
    Broken family?
    etc

They are the questions that need to be asked and answered.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-15-2012 at 03:31.

Forum Elder
    I respectfully disagree with everything you just said morgan.

A mind that is sick cannot be educated to not kill.

Im going to bed, will continue this debate in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Friendship is Carrots
    Not convinced you still doing anything there constructive there other than pointing out that its not the gun but the person involved.
    People need to move beyond that and discuss what causes a person to have "mental issues" as you put it.
    My posts being constructive (they're certainly most consecutive than most of the posts in here) wasn't up for debate. You stated that I wasn't focusing on the causes for why this happened, when actually it was the focus of my posts. People do need to realize that it's the cause and not the tool that is the real issue here. All you're doing is emphasizing on the groundwork I laid.

You're initial post towards me and its altering thereafter are simply improper. Why you decided to target me when clearly we're on a similar page is beyond me.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Elite Member
    How on earth in society did this person get the to state of thinking this was a valid option.
    Was he isolated?
    Was he abused?
    Broken family?
    etc

They are the questions that need to be asked and answered.
    his parents are divorce, moms is strict and is a school teacher.
    Kid probably though his mom love other kids(her student) more than him. Grow angry, and plan a shooting.

^^but that just my guess from all the info on him.

Thread Information