Latest PSU headlines:

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They are protecting our children from $#@! like this! Its never been an issue here locally parents approve having a cop on campus.

People always complain that's life and anyone how would complain are people without kids. I don't have any kids but I have a godson and whatever school he is at I want a cop on campus at all times

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    sure we could have an armed officer at every school...

...but it won't be long before certain people start $#@!ing about how much we pay them... and how they really aren't doing anything but sitting around collecting "our tax dollars"!!!!
    Volunteer fire departments, how do they work. Do the same thing to the police force.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    If someone really wanted a gun they could get one to be honest. They need better security at these schools. Here in fl there is an onsite cop that is posted in the front entrance this should be standard in every state
    just take the cop out first then.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    1 cop won't stop a guy with loaded guns
    Maybe, maybe not. Better to have protection than none at all.
    Sure they can cops have a loaded pistol and vest
    Our guys carry a pistol, full uniform, vest, M4, at least.... we all carry a "go bag" that has much more in it than just the basics. Since the Columbine shooting we've been trained, armed better, and have much more community support to be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Point being that one cop on the scene is always better than none.
    Amen to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    sure we could have an armed officer at every school...

...but it won't be long before certain people start $#@!ing about how much we pay them... and how they really aren't doing anything but sitting around collecting "our tax dollars"!!!!
    We've been doing it here since 1995 due to a shooting in one of our local high schools. He killed one teacher, shot another in the face, and then he tried to get into a room and they had locked the door. He then shot himself. We've never had a complaint in almost 20 years after they put officers in all the school.
    They are protecting our children from $#@! like this! Its never been an issue here locally parents approve having a cop on campus.

People always complain that's life and anyone how would complain are people without kids. I don't have any kids but I have a godson and whatever school he is at I want a cop on campus at all times
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Volunteer fire departments, how do they work. Do the same thing to the police force.
    They are paid per "call".

If it were me, I'd volunteer, without pay, as long as they provide the things needed to perform that job.

Our department does "active shooter" scenarios in the schools, in buildings, etc,. to train. We do it different ways.. two men in, four in, entire team on scene, in. etc. It NEEDS to be done.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I still feel it's wrong and either way

It will happen again and that needs to change
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

They died for nothing.

PSU Technical Advisor
    "I was raised in newtown from aged 8 until my graduation from N.H.S. I walked the hallways of Sandy Hook Elementary school and have nothing but positive memories of the place. I remember Mrs. Chard in the library, always smiling and never having a bad thing to say about us. I remember when, in 4th grade, the teachers decided to let us have a bit of fun during lunch and they brought in a karaoke machine for anyone to use. I remember seeing the same sign you've seen on tv every morning before I entered a school full of love, happiness and innocence. Like you, I always considered my hometown a bit special, a bit above the violence and carelessness of the world; a safe haven for my development into the young man I am today.
    I was torn apart, as was the rest of the world, when I awoke Friday morning to the news. My best friends mother was freaking out, I knew I had to be with them, and I stayed with them all day.Bit by bit our neighbors and friends chimed in, letting us know their children were safe. Some stayed quiet, and we knew why.
    We all gathered, at Saint Rose to mourn the death of children so young, and the teachers who saved them. If you can imagine what it's like mourning the death of the little neighbor you used to babysit, or the kids you watched hop up on the bus every morning, you can understand that it's a solitary moment. As a community we gathered, forgoing the feuds (and trust me, we're human, we aren't perfect to one another at all times in this town, just like in yours) all the bitterness and anger, and we came together in love.
    You can comprehend my anger at hearing cameras go off as I watched my best friends father break down. You can relate you wanting some alone time to be able to talk about how to get over this as a community without the intrusion of public opinion, reporters, and all the like. To the reporters hoping to get a Pulitzer prize for their efforts yesterday I ask: Is your soul worth it?
    Are you happy, 24 hours news media? You've got what you wanted, right? You've got something to talk about for days, and every December 14th you can remind us of a day that will haunt Newtown until the earth shatters into the emptiness of space (although for us that happened yesterday). Now you can have 25 pieces of fodder to discuss mental illness, gun control, safety regulations, and what ever else you need. You have a list of 20 children and 5 heroes and you can call up every one of their names, hardcore atheists and Christians, when trying to convert people. Wonderful!
    Come on, let's keep talking about Adam, a kid who I went to school with. Let's give more psychopaths a folk hero to rally to when this happens again in another state. Good job media, people who can't shut down their opinions for 5 $#@!ing seconds, and camera man looking for prizes. Don't patronize us, you don't care about the deaths, you just want ratings. And everyone will keep watching. As if you deserve to toss out your opinions.
    I'm glad we can become another Columbine, (to you residents there, I never understood until now, and we are in a morbid club, inexplicably intertwined by violence) another cold useless fact. You can do all of this and be happy, because you wanted it.
    For the record, no one in Newtown was talking about gun control laws, mental health issues, or anything. We were just holding each other, trying to make sense of the senseless. We are ok with you grieving with us, but put down the camera and help us try to piece back together our lives. We need that more than media coverage of this sad day in our history.
    I'm putting this is /r politics because I have no idea where to put it. You can repost it I don't know where it goes and it doesn't matter. Thanks for reading.
    Before anyone begins to question my Newtown-ness:
    http://imgur.com/dI1xB"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    What will change is us and we need the choice to figure this out

Humanity needs to realise that we kill to survive and kill because we can

I know in my heart of hearts that we need to get a grab on this

Strike a balance to what is right for all in this gun laws and who does not want guns
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ugh... some "reporters" or whatever she is, are slime.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ugh... some "reporters" or whatever she is, are slime.
    just doing her job. some people think that traffic wardens are scum because they hand out parking fines. Again just doing their job.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    just doing her job. some people think that traffic wardens are scum because they hand out parking fines. Again just doing their job.
    Of course she is. That doesn't change my opinion of her.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Its not gun control that's $#@!ed up about America, its the fact that this guy was a product of his society. Mental issues or not, a society that either ignores and effectively "breeds" some one like this needs to have a look at how this person came into being.

Now in saying that, if it comes out that this guy had a history of mental instability, the question needs to be asked how on earth his mother was ever allowed to keep guns within reach of him.

I will point out we have have stricter gun controls in NZ, but it didn't stop the Aramoana tragedy from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramoana_massacre
    Last edited by mynd; 12-15-2012 at 20:41.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

14. Likes Vulgotha, Mael Duin likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Agree 100% with mynd.
    I do have to say that here in Finland we have had our own share of school shootings.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Nothing really new in that video.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its not gun control that's $#@!ed up about America, its the fact that this guy was a product of his society. Mental issues or not, a society that either ignores and effectively "breeds" some one like this needs to have a look at how this person came into being.

Now in saying that, if it comes out that this guy had a history of mental instability, the question needs to be asked how on earth his mother was ever allowed to keep guns within reach of him.

I will point out we have have stricter gun controls in NZ, but it didn't stop the Aramoana tragedy from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramoana_massacre
    is brother did say that he had mental issues.

that is probably 1 of the biggest problems, people not securing their guns. I have seen it many times personally myself.

Had he not killed his mother, she would have been responsible for these murders since the guns were registered to her, or at least that is what they taught me in my concealed weapons permit course.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Are mermaids real

Forum Sage
    This is about the Oregon shooting a few days ago, but interesting nonetheless:

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Nothing really new in that video.
    Sadly, in terms of generic gunmen profiling, no. I'm only just catching up with it all. Been sleeping. It is tiring being in the future you know

Speaking of which should I be preparing for the end of the world on the 22nd?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    is brother did say that he had mental issues.
    I say that about my brother.
    If they were indeed serious mental issues, he needed to be seeing someone about them.
    that is probably 1 of the biggest problems, people not securing their guns. I have seen it many times personally myself.

Had he not killed his mother, she would have been responsible for these murders since the guns were registered to her, or at least that is what they taught me in my concealed weapons permit course.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure if this really is Morgan Freeman, but who ever it is hit the nail on the head....

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
    people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
    http://www.dailypaul.com/266479/surp...or-ct-shooting
    Last edited by mynd; 12-15-2012 at 23:14.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    dbl post

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    That doesn't make any sense in the real world. This crazy kid didn't need a two week waiting period, or a background check, or a mental evaluation to supply him with the firearms he used.
    So what?! It may not have had any effect on this shooting, but how many other shootings might it have helped prevent - Columbine, Gabbie Giffords, the Aurora Theater, the mall shooting earlier this week, ALL of the other school shootings? Is your unrestricted access to any and all guns worth the lives of all of those victims? Is a two-week waiting period for a background check really not worth that many shooting victims?

Shut up and play games

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    So what?! It may not have had any effect on this shooting, but how many other shootings might it have helped prevent - Columbine, Gabbie Giffords, the Aurora Theater, the mall shooting earlier this week, ALL of the other school shootings? Is your unrestricted access to any and all guns worth the lives of all of those victims? Is a two-week waiting period for a background check really not worth that many shooting victims?
    Just throwing this out there- the kids that committed the colombine massacre (apart from using regular legal weapons) also had a ton of homemade explosives.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

I'm starting to think this type of shooting is cult related in someway.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Which of these shootings had anything to do with people getting guns within two weeks of the incidents? I don't know where you've come to this conclusion that a two week waiting period would have made any difference at all in any of these shootings. This shooting in particular, SURELY didn't have anything to do with the restricted ability of being able to purchase a gun.

We can piece a lot of information if you want... it'll just go against your theory that this two week waiting would have helped these other shootings.

Columbine - all the guns except a single handgun were bought legally by a friend of the perps almost four months in 1998. The other handgun was bought from another friend, and wasn't even used.

Gabbie Gifford (9 yr old girl also died) - He passed an FBI check and bought the gun more than two weeks prior to the shooting, and documents found in his safe showed he admitted to planning the shooting.

Aurora Theater - he bought all four legally in May/June.

Thread Information