Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

60GB PS3 Stolen, Anybody got one for sale?

Some one stole my PS3 60GB model that I got at launch. It's a sentimental thing because my mom actually bought it for me for a christmas present after I told her not to. She camped out at a Wal-Mart to be able to get one. I know I can't replace that one but I'm trying to find one as close/similar as I can. With so many refurbs out there, it can be tough doing it online. It came with the blu ray movie Talledega Nights, and I believe a LAN cable to hook up to a computer or something similar. I talked to GameStop and they will have one 60GB model come in Thursday supposedly not refurbished but just used for $260.00. I'm checking on ebay because there are some listed for cheaper, but I thought I would ask here too.

Anybody got an original model 60GB for sale? I prefer it NOT be refurbished and with all the cords and manuals it came with if possible, and in as good of condition as I can find. I also prefer if the ones that might be for sale not have been shipped off for some repair. Mine was a dream machine, worked perfect without fail. I think the last game I played on it was God of War 3. I primarily used it to play the older release games and ps2/1 and watched some blu ray movies, and I use my slim for all the new stuff out now. It had no features taken away since I hadnt updated it since GOW3.

let me know if we can get a deal going, or you have one for sale you think I may be interested in.
    Thanks. Happy Holidays.

Master Guru
    Your best bet is probably Amazon.

60gb PS3s are becoming super rare.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you can buy a brand new 160 gig slim from best buy for like 20 more dollars, slims are better anyways

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    How did it end up getting stolen?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    call sony tell them about i think sony can help you if the ps3 gets hook up to the world wide web

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    How did it end up getting stolen?

Well, my mom's husband's son stole it. He stole my PSP and other ps3 games and controllers before. He is addicted to hydrocodone and uses the money to buy pills. So I retaliated. I went to his precious box that he keeps it in and destroyed everything. He lived at home with my mom and her husband so I pretty much forced him out. It wasn't just me that had stuff missing, my mom had jewlery missing and stuff like that. My give a $#@! ran out so I had to do, what I had to do.

The sad part is his dad still wants to uphold him. He got caught on camera from his landlord going through the ceiling into his neighbors apartment and stealing stuff from them. The guy was nice and told him to return the items he stole and he would not call the police. It's only a matter of time before I get to finish what I started with him.

The moral of the story kids, Just say NO. I'm not the type to put up with this for very long before I do something about it.

Drugs are bad, MKay

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I personally woulda beat the $#@! outta that guy. No one does that to me of my fam.
    I think your best bet is either eBay or Craigslist. I don't think anyone here wants to part ways with their b/c Ps3

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Well, my mom's husband's son stole it. He stole my PSP and other ps3 games and controllers before. He is addicted to hydrocodone and uses the money to buy pills. So I retaliated. I went to his precious box that he keeps it in and destroyed everything. He lived at home with my mom and her husband so I pretty much forced him out. It wasn't just me that had stuff missing, my mom had jewlery missing and stuff like that. My give a $#@! ran out so I had to do, what I had to do.

The sad part is his dad still wants to uphold him. He got caught on camera from his landlord going through the ceiling into his neighbors apartment and stealing stuff from them. The guy was nice and told him to return the items he stole and he would not call the police. It's only a matter of time before I get to finish what I started with him.

The moral of the story kids, Just say NO. I'm not the type to put up with this for very long before I do something about it.

Drugs are bad, MKay
    Wow...so technically, he's your step-brother? Couldn't his dad helped you out getting it back? That's really unfortunate.

Veteran
    Craigslist is probably your best bet for something like this. Not to mmany 60 GB systems still being sold out there though.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Probably be cheaper to get the newer ps3 ( slim) and a used ps2 or something, since 60 gb, not only uncommon, but are quite expensive too.

Forum Sage

You know what? Destroy the asshole. Get his ass put in prison.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Sorry to hear that I used to see stories like this all the time when I work as a PD in small claims court hearings I would sit in

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice

Well thanks. It's a tough situation. His dad tries to cover for him and lie because it's his only son, who just happens to also be a screw up. He is a piece of work I'll tell you that. I definately got him good though. It won't be the last time either.
    I actually found one at a local Game X change for 199. I'm still checking on ebay. Craigs list had one in my area for 3 bills. So far the game store and ebay are the cheapest. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Ultimate Veteran
    sounds like his dad is a piece of work also run far away from these people. is your mom normal??

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    OMG your stepbrother stole it, if i was you i'd beat the f**king $#@! out of him, you should do that and if he does it again put a big knife in his face. If your anything like me my ps3 is so important to me i would stab anyone that try to rob it.

He should be put in jail, i dont no y but im so mad i wanna beat 7 bells of him for you i wanna deck him so much, Its going to piss me off for a long time now
    Last edited by SHAZZMAZZ; 12-19-2012 at 00:20.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Apprentice

LOL, well he is 6'3'' or so and I'm 5'11''....haha I made him cry like a little girl because of the pain I put him in. He is a worthless lying junky, plain and simple. But in the end it put more stress on the family. At the end of the day it's just stuff. Material possessions. When you die, you can't take any of it with you. I was extremely mad and I still am. I probably will be for quite a bit. He will always have to watch himself around me for the rest of his life.

I was mad because of the sentimental value more than anything. Yeah it was a beast machine in emaculant condition and babied from the time I opend the box. It was more than that though, it was because I remember how excited I was when it was coming out and I was determined to get one. Well I made the mistake of telling my mom and she was determined to buy me one for a Christmas present. (Same thing when the ps2 came out.) I had to beg her not to do it because it was going to be 5 big ones. I was going to buy it. But she wasnt having it. She told me that she was going to be camping out in line to get me one and if I wanted to keep her company to come with her. There was nothing I could say to change her mind. So she paid some guy a friend of her's knew $100.00 bucks to stand in line for her while she was at work. When she got off work, she met the guy, paid him a hundred cash and stood there. I got off work later than she did and I met her at the walmart she was standing at. She was 7 or 8th in line. It was November so it was cold, out and I knew she was getting cold so I told her to go sit in the car to warm up. The store wouldnt tell anyone when they were coming out let people in for the ps3. They said if you weren't in line when they came out there then tough luck. I told her to go home and I would just wait in line. I knew she was tired. but She insisted on being there.

Once we were finally able to go in the store, they only had 4 of the 20 gigs, and 3 of the 60 gigs. So we had to get a reign check issued by the store. About a week or so later she got a call that the 60 gig was ready to be picked up. So it can never be replaced, because I don't have that memory attached to it. It pretty much sucks because it's not the fact that it's a 60GB backwards compatible PS3 that got me so upset when he stole it. It's because it was the ps3 that my mom got me for a christmas present that pissed me off the most.

Like I said, he has to watch his back around me for the rest of his life. I'm a mommas boy

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZZMAZZ View Post
    OMG your stepbrother stole it, if i was you i'd beat the f**king $#@! out of him, you should do that and if he does it again put a big knife in his face. If your anything like me my ps3 is so important to me i would stab anyone that try to rob it.

He should be put in jail, i dont no y but im so mad i wanna beat 7 bells of him for you i wanna deck him so much, Its going to piss me off for a long time now

It's sad to hear that someone close to you would do that. I hope he would get his karma.
    “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” valuepointdistribution

Thread Information