Latest PSU headlines:

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I'm thinking of importing a U.S 3DS

Okay, so I've had a 3DS since launch. I have a cosmo black PAL Australian model as well as about 15 games on it. I love the system and it has a great library.

BUT, it seems like more and more games are either releasing ONLY in the US or timed. This is frustrating as as we all know the 3DS is region locked... For me as there are already a few games that I want to get that are unconfirmed for PAL regions. Those games are:

Code of Princess
    Centipede Infestation
    Nano Assault
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?

Although its only a list of four, I get the feeling like this will be an ever increasing thing.. I mean, it was for the DS AND the Wii. I'm just trying to toss up with myself if it would be worth it or not to do so. If I get one and then get most of my 3DS games from various online stores I will A) get to play a bunch of games unreleased here and B) the games will be significantly cheaper - which is great.

So yeah, just a thought I wanted to share. Anyone have an opinion on this? Do you think this would be a dumb idea and not worth it for only a handful of games? Does anyone know any good deals on US 3DS consoles (regular OR XL) that I can import to Australia for a good price?

Let me know. Cheers

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Okay, so I've had a 3DS since launch. I have a cosmo black PAL Australian model as well as about 15 games on it. I love the system and it has a great library.

BUT, it seems like more and more games are either releasing ONLY in the US or timed. This is frustrating as as we all know the 3DS is region locked... For me as there are already a few games that I want to get that are unconfirmed for PAL regions. Those games are:

Code of Princess
    Centipede Infestation
    Nano Assault
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?

Although its only a list of four, I get the feeling like this will be an ever increasing thing.. I mean, it was for the DS AND the Wii. I'm just trying to toss up with myself if it would be worth it or not to do so. If I get one and then get most of my 3DS games from various online stores I will A) get to play a bunch of games unreleased here and B) the games will be significantly cheaper - which is great.

So yeah, just a thought I wanted to share. Anyone have an opinion on this? Do you think this would be a dumb idea and not worth it for only a handful of games? Does anyone know any good deals on US 3DS consoles (regular OR XL) that I can import to Australia for a good price?

Let me know. Cheers
    Give it a little more time. There might be a region lock fix in the coming months. Know what I mean.... ??

Two days ago, coulda got the 3ds for $129.99 and the XL at $159.99.. the prices have gone back to retail.
    Last edited by F34R; 12-17-2012 at 13:47.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Give it a little more time. There might be a region lock fix in the coming months. Know what I mean.... ??
    yep. I've never been into that kind of stuff... but if it means playing the games I want and I can still buy them to support the devs. I'll wait

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Right there with ya. Let's see how it goes. I edited my post. Man, two days ago, you coulda scored a really good price on either.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Right there with ya. Let's see how it goes. I edited my post. Man, two days ago, you coulda scored a really good price on either.
    Darn. Well, I can't really afford it at the moment anyway, but its something I'd think of doing in the coming months. I'd end up importing MOST of my 3DS games from the US which would save me more money in the long run anyway... but yeah I'll see how that other thing plays out

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I think if you give it time there will be a way to mod the 3ds and it would be cheaper as well

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I think if you give it time there will be a way to mod the 3ds and it would be cheaper as well
    Hopefully the former comes first.... its disgusting that in 2012 we have region locking ><

Especially when ALL of Nintendos previous handhelds didn't have any!

Thread Information