Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Without a doubt, Far Cry 3. Game is so much more than I ever expected it to be.

Apprentice

I mean, get both if you want, but FC3 is obviously better. Just look at any of the reviews.

Dedicated Member

I thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You should do some reviews and post them up in the community review section for both games! You def got a lot of time invested in them
    I also have just got both of these games and you're right. Hitman is pretty cool so far. I love the graphics and the situations you are put in. In Chinatown, I half expected to see Chris Redfield come running through the scene! Very cool game. I haven't played Farcry yet and Dishonored is still in the wrapper. I have until next Wednesday to get cracking on these games. Will get back when I'm done. Have a nice New Year!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Had the same decision on Christmas Day redeeming an Amazon Gift Card, settled on Farcry 3.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Hit man: beat it! Good game, had a few buggy situations like everyone says, the disguise system is a little sketchy, and the fact that you can't really get all that involved with your environment kind of is a downside. It needs to be more player choice driven. I think that it needs to be more choice decisioned like if you decide not to kill this target, it affects the outcome of the game. But overall decent game, I'd give it a solid 7/10 IMO!

Farcry 3: played nearly 4 hours, and every last second of it is great, the beginning is a little slower than I would like it to be, like the tutorials of how to hunt and having to run/fast travel back in forth, and the consistency of the animals you need to find to constantly increase your ammo punches, rucksacks, wallets, quivers. That does get a little far stretched and time consuming. But it's worth the additional gameplay hours, and doing little side missions to improve your skills more. I like that, and how it's not just straight and to the point, focusing on the main quests! I am gonna go to the extreme and put this in the same category as Skyrim!! It is definitely, by far a modern day based Skyrim! Love the environmental interactions, and the vehicle variations, also the weapon customization is a plus as well! Overall it's in the running for game of the year for me! If anyone is having any doubts, you shouldn't doubt this game! Haven't even played co-op or the MP parts of this game but I feel like those will also be good!!!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    Hit man: beat it! Good game, had a few buggy situations like everyone says, the disguise system is a little sketchy, and the fact that you can't really get all that involved with your environment kind of is a downside. It needs to be more player choice driven. I think that it needs to be more choice decisioned like if you decide not to kill this target, it affects the outcome of the game. But overall decent game, I'd give it a solid 7/10 IMO!
    That doesn't make any sense, you're a hitman! It's all about taking your target down in creative ways. So far it doesn't seem to be as good as the previous though.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    At this point (as I have yet to play either) after countless reviews, screens, and videos I can safely say I will be buying both in the near future.

8 years and counting!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, you're a hitman! It's all about taking your target down in creative ways. So far it doesn't seem to be as good as the previous though.
    It does make sense, if you think about it hit men have the choice whether to take down the targets they're assigned! In this game you MUST take out most of them to progress, there is also very little creativity in ways to take out your targets, an that's is another disappointment! You talk about "creative" ways to take out your target, but creativity is not a factor in this game, all though I did enjoy the game, it still could be better in different ways!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    It does make sense, if you think about it hit men have the choice whether to take down the targets they're assigned! In this game you MUST take out most of them to progress, there is also very little creativity in ways to take out your targets, an that's is another disappointment! You talk about "creative" ways to take out your target, but creativity is not a factor in this game, all though I did enjoy the game, it still could be better in different ways!
    Agent 47 is a genetically engineered assassin. Even as far as the story goes, sparing your targets doesn't make sense.

I was mostly talking about previous games, I've only played a little bit of this one. It still seems like it gave you tools to be creative - disguising as a drug dealer and poisoning the drugs is still quite a cool way to take your target down.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 and playing through Absolution now. Really hard to choose just one, but factoring the replay-ability factor I think Hitman may win. I still have to try Far Cry's online and map editor, but I think the Contracts mode on Hitman, along with the harder difficulties actually adding gameplay, will win it.

My Far Cry 3 playthrough was at 40 hours which I figured was pretty good. Though it would likely be a lot less if I didn't collect every loot chest, letter and relic.

Absolution may have it's problems (checkpoints, split up levels, no saving anytime, few assassination levels, not as sandbox, no weapon customization for SP, disguise system) but I still find it extremely fun. Contracts has been nice but hopefully it improves more, or I at least find better missions. Really just doing the exploitation ones to get some money.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    I've been a big fan of all the previous Hitman games, so although I haven't played Absolution yet, I'd hope it's as good as the rest of the franchise.

Far Cry 3 touts itself as, "Skyrim, with guns!" Oh, fantastic... another mediocre sandbox walking-simulator.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post
    I've been a big fan of all the previous Hitman games, so although I haven't played Absolution yet, I'd hope it's as good as the rest of the franchise.

Far Cry 3 touts itself as, "Skyrim, with guns!" Oh, fantastic... another mediocre sandbox walking-simulator.
    lol
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/th...uns.452818404/
    THIS AINT NO SKYRIM WITH GUNS

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by ElieKatz$#@! View Post
    So Farcry 3 is 1/7th of Skyrim... with Guns? That's 14.2%... eh, actually, is about 100%... of a reason to not play Farcry 3.

Apprentice
    I've played both Farcry 3, Skyrim and Hitman. None of them are all that similar... Each are really good in their own ways.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post
    So Farcry 3 is 1/7th of Skyrim... with Guns? That's 14.2%... eh, actually, is about 100%... of a reason to not play Farcry 3.
    Your going to miss out on a pretty good game cause people call it "Skyrim with guns"? Lol your loss.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Your going to miss out on a pretty good game cause people call it "Skyrim with guns"? Lol your loss.
    Remember how Fallout 3 was a good game because it was Oblivion with guns? Yea, me either.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Fallout 3 was just like this situation! Good game that was basically oblivion with guns! Farcry 3 is like Skyrim... With guns! It's a great game and any of you who aren't considering giving it a try is a fool in many people's eyes! It's got a great played out well planned story line! Co-op isn't too bad, and the multiplayer a is definitely a good feature on a game like this! Overall great game, has everything any FPS/RPG gamers could want!

PSN ID
    NY11725
    Probably FC

PSN ID
    NY11725
    Hitman sounds cool too though

Apprentice
    Has anyone actually played these two games? Far Cry is just a better game, overall. Does anyone actually disagree?

Thread Information