Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2

Hitman or Farcry?!

Which should I get? I can't decide!!!

I can't post a poll from my phone so yeah if you guys can help me decide please do!!!
    Thanks!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    well based on reviews and community reaction Far cry 3 gets my vote sir!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Far Cry 3 without a doubt!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I haven't played either yet, but FC3 was a serious GOTY contender for many. I think it will offer you a lot more bang for your buck. So yeah, FC3 gets my vote.Get Hitman in the bargain bin.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Farcry FarSUCKS!!!!

Get Hitman

llolololol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    FC3 without a doubt.

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    So far I've played 50 hours of Hitman and 25 hours of Far Cry. They are both great games. If you like the previous games in the Hitman franchise, you will probably like Absolution. In my opinion, the only thing that could use some tweaking is the disguise system. It works on Normal, but any higher difficulty and you'll get frustrated. But I heard they are working on a fix. Contracts Mode is a lot of fun and creates a lot of competition. Unlike the previous titles, this one actually has a story that the game follows. Some disappointment is the fact that not every mission ends with a kill. There are quite a few stealth elements (think Splinter Cell) and sometimes you'll be met with a cut-scene when you were inches away from your target, therefore ending the mission. To me, the level of detail and plain awesomeness of 47 makes the game worth it for me.

As for Far Cry, the single player is all I've played. (Battlefield is my current multiplayer game of choice) The campaign is pretty good, decent story, but its very short. Side missions are mundane (fetch quests). Unlocking outposts is fairly uneventful and easy. The game shines in its immersion and free-roaming capabilities. The only thing is you can't access half the map until later in the game, much like Far Cry 2. The weapon variety is a lot better than Far Cry 2. You can hunt, gather plants, unlock skills, etc. Overall, its 10x a better game than Far Cry 2.

Seriously, there's no wrong choice here. It just depends on what type of game you're in the mood for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    So far I've played 50 hours of Hitman and 25 hours of Far Cry. They are both great games. If you like the previous games in the Hitman franchise, you will probably like Absolution. In my opinion, the only thing that could use some tweaking is the disguise system. It works on Normal, but any higher difficulty and you'll get frustrated. But I heard they are working on a fix. Contracts Mode is a lot of fun and creates a lot of competition. Unlike the previous titles, this one actually has a story that the game follows. Some disappointment is the fact that not every mission ends with a kill. There are quite a few stealth elements (think Splinter Cell) and sometimes you'll be met with a cut-scene when you were inches away from your target, therefore ending the mission. To me, the level of detail and plain awesomeness of 47 makes the game worth it for me.

As for Far Cry, the single player is all I've played. (Battlefield is my current multiplayer game of choice) The campaign is pretty good, decent story, but its very short. Side missions are mundane (fetch quests). Unlocking outposts is fairly uneventful and easy. The game shines in its immersion and free-roaming capabilities. The only thing is you can't access half the map until later in the game, much like Far Cry 2. The weapon variety is a lot better than Far Cry 2. You can hunt, gather plants, unlock skills, etc. Overall, its 10x a better game than Far Cry 2.

Seriously, there's no wrong choice here. It just depends on what type of game you're in the mood for.
    You should do some reviews and post them up in the community review section for both games! You def got a lot of time invested in them

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Depends on what you're looking for. Feeling like a bad ass and stealthily executing people or open world shooter greatness.

Of the two i'd say Far Cry 3 is more of a must have game but Hitman rocks.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Hmm, leaning towards FC3 more so far! Been looking at a lot of reviews and stuff and it seems better!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Only been playing Hitman Absolution at the moment, it's my first Hitman game and have to say that I am really enjoying it. Never played Farcry, is that in first person perspective or third person?

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I had given myself a choice between either FC3 or Hitman. Ultimately I decided on giving myself both, as I haven't really spent much on games this year anyways so an extra game won't make much impact. Plus the choice was really hard.

But when I was trying to decide on just one, I was leaning towards Far Cry 3. It just seemed like a game that would give more unique playthroughs. I love the Hitman games and love perfecting levels, but I thought back to Blood Money and how I know what every guard does and how every level plays out. As much as I would play FC2 I still had unique gameplay. When I was choosing which game to buy I was trying to figure out which would keep me occupied until GTA:V came out. Even with the Contracts mode for Hitman I decided that FC3 would be the one that did that. Though it was close (hence why I ended up getting both).

Of course, I'm not playing either until Christmas, so none of this is from first-hand experience. Though it looks like others who have that experience are saying FC3 as well.
    Last edited by ttech10; 12-18-2012 at 09:20. Reason: grammar

Apprentice

Honestly, if you like Hitman you will love Absolutiuon. Even still I liked FC 3 just a little bit better. But both are awesome. If you really can't get both get FC 3, but I stringly reommend you try to get both.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    In my opinion, the only thing that could use some tweaking is the disguise system. It works on Normal, but any higher difficulty and you'll get frustrated. But I heard they are working on a fix.
    This is even bugging me on normal... But yeah great game and my first Hitman title actually. Love it so far.

Also + Rep for the great post. I agree. No wrong answer here, just depends what you feel like playing op

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Never played both. But they both look awesome. Learning towards FC3 first though.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Do yourself a favor: Farcry
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Either one it seems... for absolute everything to do cry 3

But for just stealth parts, then hitman
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'll get both.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Dedicated Member
    Based on reviews and personal opinion (I have not played the games), I would go with Far Cry 3. It's big open world with action, stealth, animals, gorgeous jungles and ocean, and boobies. Hitman looks great too, but I'm betting it has less content wise, and Far Cry 3 is getting better reviews.

IMO Farcry 3
    but if you can ، you should get both.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I got both of them but I'm playing hit man and FF 13-2 first! Wanna save it for when I run outta games to play!

Superior Member
    Based on reviews i would suggest Far Cry 3. It seems like a great game and coupled with a well thought out storyline and a solid multiplayer mode it seems like the best choice.

Greatness Awaits

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Far Cry 3 without a doubt!

Far cry 3 gets my vote.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I say Far Cry 3. I have watched quite a few streams of Hitman and I own Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. I just wish I wasn't so knee deep in Black Ops II so I could play it more.

Thread Information