Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Exclamation Freebie Alert: First Episode of 'Walking Dead: The Game' Goes Free (IOS)

Source

Whoa, Christmas really has come early with the sheer amount of incredible freebies lately. Well get ready for a doozy: the first episode of Telltale's Walking Dead: The Game [Free] is currently free for some reason. Why is it free? Don't concern yourself with such things, just get to downloading already. Walking Dead: The Game is an episodic adventure game set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman's critically acclaimed Walking Dead comic series. Its hook is that it presents you with incredibly tough choices thoughout the story, and your choices affect things that happen later in the game. Telltale has pulled this off with varying degrees of effectiveness, but despite that the emotional aspects and the connections with the characters in the game are what people have really been applauding about Walking Dead, and everyone seems to have it in their running for Game of the Year this year. Heck, at the Spike VGAs this year it did win Game of the Year, among other awards.
    If you need to know more about Walking Dead: The Game, you can check out our full review of all 5 episodes. Since its an episodic game, we made our review episodic as well, reviewing each episode as it came out and adjusting our feelings and ratings as needed based on the new content. It ended up being a 5 star game as a whole, but let me warn you that Walking Dead is something that's best experienced spoiler-free, so my advice is to just download this sucker and have at it fresh.
    It's also worth noting that this is just the first episode being offered free, and episodes 2-5 are available through IAP for $4.99 each or as a bundle for $14.99. You're still saving yourself a fiver though, and since this first hit is free chances are pretty good that if you enjoy it you'll be springing for the rest of the episodes. But seriously, stop reading right now and go download this first episode of Walking Dead: The Game for free, and tell every zombie-loving person you know to do the same.
    This is perfect for those of you who wanted to try it out before you buy it. You can download it now for free on iPad, iPod or iPhone.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

2. Likes bigCman123, DarkVincent07, Shibby likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Thanks for the heads up, will try it on my phone.

I don't know much about it, it's just essentially a story-based, point-and-click, QTE game right?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Awesome I'll try this on my phone and if I like it I'll import the newly released PS3 compilation + Rep

Dedicated Member
    Awesome, I didn't even know it was available for ios. I've been meaning to check this out since I heard it got GoTY and I checked out some reviews. Downloading it to my ipad right now.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, will try it on my phone.

I don't know much about it, it's just essentially a story-based, point-and-click, QTE game right?
    Yep, that's exactly what it is. The story is really good and your actions also have consequences.
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Have to remember to grab this later when on wifi. Thanks for the tip!

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    damn, $#@! you android!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Just a warning, apparently this is one day only so you should jump on it ASAP.

I'm Android too..but already completed it on the PS3 so don't really mind.
    Trophy-licious!

Master Guru

its good, but not amazing, had me gripped at a few moments but i wouldnt buy the other episodes especially at 2.99 a pop considering how short the first episode is.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

PSN ID
    thanks for sharing. Is the Game only available for apple? And not for Android?
    My Software here

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Nope I have an Android phone and its not release on it unfortunately, though the first episode is now free on XBLA too.
    Trophy-licious!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Didn't see this thread till now. Got the first episode free on XBLA a few days ago and then got the rest at 200mspts each during that one day sale. Aboslute bargain, can't wait to get through them all

Thread Information