Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

US Committee on Copyright - taken down 24hrs after posting by industry. READ NOW!

This is a very, very good read from some US politicians on the need to reform the copyright system here in the States, and the various kinds of damage it presently causes.

Read this now while you can, it was already taken down due to pressure from the copyright lobbyists.

http://marylandpirates.com/wp-conten...er_16_2012.pdf

2. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Interesting to say the least. I like how they used DJ's as an example regardless these copyright laws are due for an update for these modern times

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    It's all over the internet now so will always be available. Just confirms what most of us already assumed.

What really needs addressing though is the patent system, so these stupid suing matches can stop.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This is a very, very good read from some US politicians on the need to reform the copyright system here in the States, and the various kinds of damage it presently causes.

Read this now while you can, it was already taken down due to pressure from the copyright lobbyists.

http://marylandpirates.com/wp-conten...er_16_2012.pdf
    That was an excellent read but I would have to disagree with the length of the proposed copyrights the author of this piece put up. In my opinion, copyrights should not last for more than a length of one (1) year term and should not extend more than once for a period of another one (1) year term. The pace in which this world moves is just too fast to make anything more than a sum total of two (2) years viable profitably and without stifling and potentially destroying markets. I think that Article 1, Section 8: Clause 8 needs to reflect this fact and for that purpose, the copyright and patent systems both need to be rewritten as part and coherent to a constitutional amendment stating the fact.

Blanket copyrights and patents serve no purpose but to stifle the scientific, creative and productive capacities of the nation. I'd say this is perhaps one of the better papers I've read concerning the subject though it is a bit rudimentary in some aspects. Then again, this is all that was needed to get people thinking about the two aforementioned systems.
    Last edited by Morganator; 12-20-2012 at 15:50.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    1 or 2 years ? Faaaaar to short. Takes longer than that just to get a drug through animal testing. Let alone human trials and then into current medical procedures. Why bother investing in new research when you can't even safe guard that investment past initial cell testing.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    1 or 2 years ? Faaaaar to short. Takes longer than that just to get a drug through animal testing. Let alone human trials and then into current medical procedures. Why bother investing in new research when you can't even safe guard that investment past initial cell testing.

The reason behind that would be so that these researchers can research faster, find and develop cures faster and so that pharmaceutical companies can't racketeer their profits at the expense of everyone else. I think one year is more than sufficient.

Thread Information