Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Activision and Sega are massive possibilities

I think rockstar are safe for a long time... Since they do not bring out to many games and focus on series that make millions... But then again they could fall quick
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Activision and Sega are massive possibilities

I think rockstar are safe for a long time... Since they do not bring out to many games and focus on series that make millions... But then again they could fall quick
    Activison is no where near being in a sega/THQ postion. They hold the rights too two of the Hottest IP right now in Skylanders and Call of Duty. Add to that Bungie and a possible resurgance of Guitar Hero and Tony hawk and they're safe.

Rockstar is owned by Take-Two so their surivial isn't even a question.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Super Elite

Believe it or not, Sony could be bankrupt in 3-5 years at the rate they're going. Nintendo has twice as much cash as Sony and Sony loses money every quarter for years. The money Sony has needs to support the entire company and not just a gaming division. Those hardware (TV's, Audio, etc) divisions are expensive to run.

Back to THQ, there are going to be SO MANY lawsuits. I hope to god that this thing get tossed out of court. The management there are a bunch of crooks and this includes Jason Rubin. What a bunch of losers. I don't believe in hell but if one exists, THQ's management will surely be there.

edit: By the way, if anyone actually cares I can give a more detailed explanation. If anyone wants to know, I'll gladly explain but be aware it's going to be a large block of text in order to explain the situation. I do think that everyone will agree with me that management are a bunch of a-holes though.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 12-21-2012 at 06:03.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Go for it.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Believe it or not, Sony could be bankrupt in 3-5 years at the rate they're going. Nintendo has twice as much cash as Sony and Sony loses money every quarter for years. The money Sony has needs to support the entire company and not just a gaming division. Those hardware (TV's, Audio, etc) divisions are expensive to run.

Back to THQ, there are going to be SO MANY lawsuits. I hope to god that this thing get tossed out of court. The management there are a bunch of crooks and this includes Jason Rubin. What a bunch of losers. I don't believe in hell but if one exists, THQ's management will surely be there.

edit: By the way, if anyone actually cares I can give a more detailed explanation. If anyone wants to know, I'll gladly explain but be aware it's going to be a large block of text in order to explain the situation. I do think that everyone will agree with me that management are a bunch of a-holes though.
    Do it. I'm actually interested in what you have to say.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    news is UBISOFT might buy them

link: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubiso...hq-bid/0108645
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    news is UBISOFT might buy them

link: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubiso...hq-bid/0108645
    yeah im actually excited if Ubi gets it. I need darksiders to live on... and to be honest, Ubi has some bad ass game engines that could potentially rock those THQ titles. (Darksiders 3 running on AnvilNEXT engine... holy crap!) Also they would acquire the bad ass engine used for Darksiders 2 and could use it for other Ubi games
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    but the wwe games would not fit... I don't know why i feel that way

but the wwe games should be give to someone else... Or the WWE could buy THQ and that would solve the wwe issue

orsplit the company so others can but of series THQ have made

Vince the owner of wwe enraged with this

In the THQ bankruptcy filing, it is noted that WWE is owed $45 million. This is why WWE issued a statement on Wednesday noting they were "actively participating within this proceeding." According to sources, Vince McMahon was described as being "furious" at the SmackDown tapings Wednesday night.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...nces-departure
    Last edited by claud3; 12-21-2012 at 14:05.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    WWE isnt going to buy THQ lol...

The notion that activision is in bad shape is ridiculous there was a story posted HERE on the forum they have NO debt and make a HUGE profit.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Ubisoft probably won't get the WWE lisence. After what happened I'm sure WWE is looking for away to get the lisence to revert back if it hasn't already.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Go for it.

Alright, here goes:

First I need to point out the obvious, what happened last year. In their conference call for the end of the 2nd quarter of 2012 (their first quarter starts in April so we're currently at the tail end of the 3rd quarter of 2013 for THQ) which took place in late 2011 immediately before the holiday's last year, Brian Farrell (then CEO and president) told investors that uDraw on PS3 and Xbox 360 was going to be a massive success and propel the company to profitability (it had previously been a success on Wii and he believed it would be a success on the other consoles as well).

Now we've all heard by now/know what happened with the uDraw tablet but what most of you don't know is WHEN everyone found out. When was that? Well, it was early this year. So the little guys (small investors that invest a few thousand dollars) didn't find out until the quarterly conference call but oh don't worry, the Wall Street titans got all kinds of insider information at the tail end of December before the month was even over. They're a bunch of damn criminals. November 11, 2011 the share price was $2.39 (this is $23.90 after the reverse split) and on Jan 16th it was worth .65 (65 cent a share = $6.50 after the reverse split). Click the link below for a graph of this activity.
    http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=...UIisKMO50AHjQw

Then the 2012 3rd quarter conference call which covered the earning (or lack there of) for the Oct - Dec 2011 time frame took place on Feb 2nd 2012. This is when the little investors find out about what the big boys already knew from their illegal insider trading activity at the end of December and into January. Click the link below and you can see the spike in price on the 2nd as people hope for good news then on the 3rd (the earnings call was after the market closed on the 2nd) you can see the price fell.
    http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=...UPCTCea50QGHcg

Now this new fall in price isn't as large but it's still a lot when you tink of the fact that it represents a decline in price of 31%. So while it only fell a few dimes a share, anyone that bought in on hopes of good earnings on the 2nd would have immediately lost 31% of their investment on the 3rd (so if you bought $1,000 in shares on the 2nd, your investment is worth only about $690 on the 3rd).

At the start of January, well before earnings were announced in Feb (a full month ahead), Kevin Dent (an industry analyst) tweeted several things.
    1. They cancelled their 2014 game lineup.
    2. They were for sale.
    3. THQ returned the Disney IP's to Disney and they would get out of the kid's market.
    4. They were going to drop the Warhammer MMO
    http://www.lazygamer.net/general-new...ent-thinks-so/
    Of these above he was correct on 2 and 3. On number 1 he was wrong and on number 4 he was somewhat right (they cancelled the MMO but converted it to a single player game). Now here's the interesting bit, people flamed the crap out of him for trying to help people. He's since tweeted that he was sent a box of human feces (literally) by irate fanboys. you need only look at the comments below the article to see how mad people were. This was posted on other sites and you can see some real vitriol towards him and as I see it, all he was trying to do was help investors, particularly since all the Wall Street firms had already committed securities fraud in December anyway. Don't worry though, the SEC only cares about big cases that make huge news, they're not going to investigate a video game stock like this.

In April they announce that Darksiders 2 will be delayed from June to August to give them time to fix bugs.

Lets skip ahead to the 4th quarter. During the 2012 4th quarter conference call in May, Brian Ferrell announced that THQ has turned the corner and that things are going great. Here's a link to the "easy" version but it still may not make a lot of sense to people that haven't read this stuff before.
    http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtm...cle&id=1696208

Okay so now we hit the end of May, THQ hires Jason Rubin to be President. Brian Ferrell used to be "CEO and President" now he's just "CEO" and Rubin is "President".
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...-new-president

Somewhere in here (I don't remember the exact date) they announce that there will be a vote on a revere stock split to prevent the company from being delisted from Nasdaq.

Then June 11-13 E3 happens, right? During E3 they talk everything up as expected but they don't mention any new partnerships (more on this later). They announce Company of Heroes 2 and other games including Saint's Row 3: Enter the Dominatrix (a stand alone expansion).

On June 20th Enter the Dominatrix is cancelled to be incorporated into Saint's Row 4 to make it bigger and better.

On June 29th the reverse stock split is successful and on July 5th the reverse stock split happens. Keep in mind this isn't a "real" increase in the value of the company. For example, if you owned 1,000 shares of THQ at .57 a share, you now own 100 shares at $5.70 a share. In other words, they increased the value of the shares by a factor of 10 by decreasing the number of shares by a factor of 10. They had to get the share price over $1 to avoid a Nasdaq deslisting.
    http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=...UNDHF8a40gHcag

During the 2013 2nd quarter conference call, they announced that they had earned 25 million dollars during the summer quarter with catalog sales only (no new releases).

Now in August Darksiders 2 is released to really poor sales. Supposedly worse than expected. It topped the chart that month but it was a pathetic #1 release. Sleeping Dogs was below DS2 on the chart and it lost SE a lot of money.

Darksider's 2 failure was announced during the 2013 Q3 conference call in November (last month). During that call, they also announced that they were going to delay all the games coming out in the Jan-March timeframe (2013 Q4) and that they were contracting with "Centerview" to figure out how to solve their problems. Jason Rubin also indicates that the three games coming out in the Jan-March quarter aren't ready and ALL need to be delayed. This means that they'll now run out of money before the games are released. A week later they announced that they had defaulted on their loan with Well's Fargo.

Now at this point I should point out the following. THQ had a loan with Wells Fargo that they owe roughly 20 Million dollars on. This is a secured debt, the loan is secured by "substantially" all of THQ's assets. Next they have 100 million dollars in corporate bonds. This is all the debt that we know about in November.

Contracting with "centerview" sounds like, "okay we're trying to figure out how to solve our problems" but something that is probably "material" and should have been disclosed on an SEC filing is Jason Rubin's "personal friend" Skip Paul who just so happens to run Centerview. They didn't file anything with the SEC to disclose this important information to investors.
    http://www.startup-review.com/blog/f...-20-wisdom.php
    Exit analysis

Flektor co-founders, Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin had previously co-founded Naughty Dog, a studio responsible for games such as Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter that yielded ~$1B in retail sales. Despite such impressive credentials that could have afforded them relatively easy access to seed capital, the founding team (Jason, Jason, and Andy) opted to primarily self-fund the company, although they did take some investment from a personal friend, Skip Paul.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7561290.story

Centerview senior advisor Skip Paul has close ties to Rubin, who joined THQ in May. Paul worked with Rubin when he was an executive at Universal Studios and more recently invested in Rubin's digital media start-up Flektor, which was acquired by Myspace.

December rolls around and not much happens unil this week, a few days before Christmas, they declare bankruptcy.

Now it gets really interesting. In the bankruptcy documents they have to disclose a great deal more information than they did during their quarterly reports/conference calls.
    In the bankruptcy filing this week, it's reported that Centerview has been working with THQ since June 11th, that's the first day of E3 and only DAYS after Jason Rubin came on board. That means almost immediately after being hired as president, Jason hired his old friend Skip Paul. It's also finally disclosed that in addition to the debt, THQ owes the WWE nearly $50 million dollars in unpaid licensing fees and Yukes (the contractor developer that THQ hires to make the WWE games) about 15 million dollars. This was never previously disclosed in the earnings reports. In the bankruptcy filing, THQ discusses that they've got a "stalking horse" bidder for $60 million dollars. That means that if no one comes up with a higher bid in the next 30 days that this guy buys the company for $60 million. Of the $60 million, $20 million goes to pay off the Wells Fargo loan (again that's secured debt so if they aren't repaid they can take the company as collateral). Then 10 million goes to the bond holders. The remaining 30 million isn't being distributed. The WWE gets $0, Yukes gets $0, and shareholders that own the stock get $0. Shareholders are last in line. That means that the company would have to sell for 250 million dollars to pay off all the liabilities. Once all the liabilities are covered, shareholders get paid. So if the company sold for 257 million dollars, all the people owed money get paid 100% and then share holders get $1 per share (roughly 7 million shares are outstanding after the reverse split).

Shareholders are going to be wiped out. There's no way the company sells for more than 250 million.

So here's the facts, Jason comes on board, cancels Enter the Dominatrix and delays the 3 games at the start of next year. This combined results in a "cash crunch" meaning that THQ won't have enough money to continue operations until the new games come out (no so coincidently they would run out of money RIGHT BEFORE the first game comes out in March...hah). This is a self created catastrophe. They could have released one game (maybe company of heroes 2 which probably wouldn't have sold well anyway) with bugs they could patch later to fund the compnay and allow them to release the other two in good shape. Instead they declare bankruptcy. So in delaying the games, they have almost no assets of value so the company is devalued and by the time the company comes out of bankruptcy, they'll have 3 brand new games ready for release under the new THQ that cost them next to nothing develop as all that cost was sunk into the debt from the old bankrupt THQ. They are completely wiping out shareholders so the new owners (who is this company by the way- no one has heard of it). Here's a blog post by Kevin Dent about this: http://doubledouble.posterous.com/co...ming-the-new-c

The new company will be a privately held corporation. They'll probably go public and sell new stock for it as soon as Saint's Row 4 is released. I'd be willing to bet that Jason Rubin gets a massive amount of stock in the new company and comes out smelling like roses.

A year of puposely delayed games to ruin the company:
    11/06/2011: UFC Undisputed 3 Shifts Its Release Date to February (KOTAKU)
    http://kotaku.com/5856828/ufc-undisp...te-to-february
    In a UFC broadcast last week, THQ in slipped word of a publishing delay for UFC Undisputed 3. The game now will release on Feb. 14, after originally being planned for January.

02/03/2012: THQ delays Metro: Last Light, seeks help with Warhammer 40K MMO (GAMES RADAR)
    http://www.gamesradar.com/thq-troubl...warhammer-mmo/
    Now, THQ has announced that 4A Games' Metro: Last Light won't be seeing the light of day until 2013, and Virgil Games' Warhammer MMO may not see the light at all unless it can find a financial partner. Publisher still confident about upcoming year, despite poor fiscal report

03/29/2012: THQ: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium is no longer an MMO (EURO GAMER)
    THQ has "refocussed" troubled MMO Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium. It's now an "immersive single player and online multiplayer experience", the publisher has announced.

04/18/2012: Darksiders II delayed from June to August (VG247)
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/18/dark...yed-to-august/
    THQ’s announced Darksiders II will now release in August, delaying it from its previous June slot.

05/16/2012: THQ delays South Park: The Game, ditches Devil's Third (EURO GAMER)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-devils-third
    THQ has delayed South Park: The Game to the fourth quarter of its 2013 financial year.
    That is, it will now launch at some point from the beginning of January to the end of March 2013. It had been due out this year.

06/20/2012: THQ cancels Saints Row: The Third 'Enter the Dominatrix' standalone expansion (JOYSTIQ)
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/20/saints-row-enter-the-dominatrix-canceled/
    THQ announced this morning its Saints Row: The Third standalone expansion, Enter the Dominatrix, has been canceled for September and will be incorporated in "The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise" (working title) next year.

07/04/2012: THQ gives Devil’s Third rights back to Itagaki (VG247)
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/04/thq-...ck-to-itagaki/
    THQ has returned all rights of Devil’s Third to creator Tomonobu Itagaki and his studio Valhalla.

08/06/2012: THQ Cancels Insane Trilogy
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-trilogy.aspx
    THQ said today it has canceled pre-production on Insane, the trilogy project from Volition Studios and movie director Guillermo Del Toro. The publisher said it has returned the rights of the game to Del Toro.

11/05/2012: THQ delays South Park, Metro and Company of Heroes 2 (PC GAMER)
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/05/th...y-of-heroes-2/
    In its second quarter financials report, THQ has delayed three of its biggest 2013 titles, with one pushed back as far as 2014.
    The Obsidian-developed South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed a whole year, with its initial March 2013 release scrapped, and an early 2014 release scheduled.
    Meanwhile, Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light have been rescheduled from a January 2013 release to a March street date.

12/20/2012: What The Hell Is Going On With Warhammer: 40,000: Dark Millenium? (KOTAKU)
    http://kotaku.com/5970219/what-the-h...dark-millenium
    THQ PR: Development of the DMO ceased, and beyond that we haven't provided any updates on the status of the game or made any announcements of Vigil's next project(s). We don't have anything more to share at this point.

In summary, these guys are a bunch of criminals that are completely wiping out shareholders, destroying the bondholders that loaned THQ 100 million dollars (repaying them 10 million) and purposely bankrupting the company by delaying EVERY GAME so that the new owners who are a shady private equity fund will be able to rake in the cash.

A side note, last week, a week before bankruptcy is announced, THQ bonds were trading at 9 cents per dollar and no one could figure out why. Now we know, it's because bondholders are getting 10 million for 100 million in bonds. That's yet another example of illegal insider trading. THey knew the EXACT AMOUNT that the bonds would be worth a week before the $#@!ing bankruptcy announcement happened. This company has had so many obvious cases of securities fraud in the last year that it's just absolutely pathetic.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 12-21-2012 at 16:26.

12. Likes Sir_Scud , Ezekiel, DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Rep+ sir I love reading things like that. Not the first time things play out like this and not gonna be the last.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post

Rubin is actually a pretty cool guy personally and legitimately cares about gaming and us, the gamers... He knew he was dealt a bad hand walking into a failed company the day he got hired, and in the long run, has actually saved games from being abandoned with the demise of THQ.

Sure things are being delayed, but he did a lot to make sure these games eventually see the light of day.

Also heres his "typical PR response" but still a good read:

To our global gaming community ....THQ Community Message From Jason Rubin

Today THQ announced that it has secured an investor, a private equity firm named Clearlake Capital Group, who is interested in purchasing most of what you think makes up THQ: the teams that make the games (Relic, THQ Montreal, Vigil and Volition), THQ’s Intellectual Property (titles, source code, etc.), THQ’s contracts (like the ones with Crytek, South Park Digital Studios, 4A games, Obsidian, and Turtle Rock) and the support staff that are required to help the teams succeed.

In fact, Clearlake is even providing the company the money it needs to keep working on the products as the process plays itself out. And importantly, when the purchase is complete, Clearlake has committed to invest additional ample capital to let us finish the games we are making and continue making games going forward.

In short, they are investing in a new start for our company.

The sale needs to be completed through a Chapter 11 proceeding of the Bankruptcy code, which we filed today. Given the intense speculation that we have experienced in recent weeks and months, this news probably isn’t that surprising.

But what does “Chapter 11” mean? What will happen to the games you are expecting? The series you love? And what about the people and teams that make them?

The most important thing to understand is that Chapter 11 does not mean the end of the THQ story or the end of the titles you love. Quite the opposite is true, actually.

Chapter 11 is a safety net for U.S. companies. American Airlines is currently in Chapter 11 restructuring, yet I flew back and forth on that airline when I visited Volition two weeks ago. Donald Trump and his companies have been in Chapter 11 four times. You can add to that list household names such as Macy’s, Eddie Bauer, the Chicago Cubs, Chrysler, Delta Airlines, General Motors, the Pittsburgh Penguins, Marvel Studios, and MGM, among many others.

MGM filed Chapter 11 two years ago, and this year it released “Skyfall” and “The Hobbit,” two of the biggest titles of the year. That’s what I mean when I say new start!

Our Chapter 11 process allows for other bidders to make competing offers for THQ. So while we are extremely excited about the Clearlake opportunity, we won’t be able to say that the deal is done for a month or so.

Rest assured that the goal throughout the sale process has been to preserve our teams and our products. So no matter what the outcome in 30 days, as long as we have accomplished this goal, I will be satisfied.

Whatever happens, the teams and products look likely to end up together and in good hands. That means you can still pre-order Metro: Last Light, Company of Heroes 2, and South Park: The Stick of Truth. Our teams are still working on those titles as you read this, and all other rumored titles, like the fourth Saints Row, the Homefront sequel, and a lot more are also still in the works.

Finally, you might be asking, why would THQ file for Chapter 11 right before the holiday season? Admittedly, the timing is unfortunate. But as we announced a few weeks ago, we have a January 15 deadline approaching for our bank funding. So if you work backwards to allow the necessary time to complete a sale, you end up at this week. Since all of THQ’s worldwide employees are off for a week and a half of paid vacation starting Friday for the holidays and will return to work on January 2nd, it hardly matters anyway.

So THQ made headlines today – and I am sure there will be tons of click-grabbing headlines over the next month or so. But what matters to us is not what is happening to THQ right now, but what the company and its teams will make of ourselves after we complete the sale.

In short, the teams will be unburdened by the past and able to focus on what they should be focusing on -- Making great games.

I’m excited about the future and hope to have more to report soon.

Feel free to tweet me @Jason_Rubin

--Jason Rubin, President of THQ Inc.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Sage

I hate to be the one to say this but THQ just needs be dismantled and assets liquidated and acquired by more respective developers. This is a travesty what the people running the company have done to an otherwise outstanding games development studio and publisher. For shame.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Rubin is actually a pretty cool guy personally and legitimately cares about gaming and us, the gamers... He knew he was dealt a bad hand walking into a failed company the day he got hired, and in the long run, has actually saved games from being abandoned with the demise of THQ.

Sure things are being delayed, but he did a lot to make sure these games eventually see the light of day.

Also heres his "typical PR response" but still a good read:
    Trust me, I know Rubin cares about games and such. That said, if this was his company already, he would have pumped one of those games out next quarter so that the compnay could survive to release the rest then Saint's Row 4 later this year. If they can make it to SR4 there would be no need for bankruptcy. Just because he cares about making the games good doesn't mean he isn't doing either illegal or gray activities. I listed out several things I believe to be fraud in my post. Not all of which involve him but some do. There's no way anyone can prove the delays of the 3 games are anything but his professional opinion on them but from a business standpoint it's suicide. The CEO should have overrode him.

If you're curious, here's a site of investors that I know about. These guys originally invested in THQ in hopes that it would make a comeback (obvious by the name of the forum) but now they're pretty pissed off by the situation.
    http://www.savethq.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    you are not alone... THQ were most likely thinking the same thing and I am not shocked by that...

These guys have lost their jobs and hopefully they will be pick up by others for their skills

Super Elite

you are not alone... THQ were most likely thinking the same thing and I am not shocked by that...

These guys have lost their jobs and hopefully they will be pick up by others for their skills
    No one's lost their job at THQ. In fact they've been given a 2 week paid holiday. It's all spelled out in the bankruptcy document. The entire company is getting purchased for some lowball estimate (as mentioned in my long post). Rubin's pal at Centerview (and as mentioned above, I think it was a crime for them not to disclose that they are "personal friends" and had made a billion dollars together before) was hired days after Rubin was and Centerview has arranged for some shady entity to purchase the company (conspiracy theories are that the company purchasing THQ for this low ball price is run by more of Rubin and Ferrell's pals).

FYI: Wells Fargo is funding them while they're in bankruptcy. No doubt they'll get some sweet deal and have an ownership stake in the new THQ once it goes public and they'll make millions.

To be honest, it would be best for everyone EXCEPT MANAGEMENT if the company went through chapter 7 and liquidated. I'm sure the company is worth more than 60 million dollars. They generate 25 million EVERY THREE MONTHS (quarterly) in catalog sales alone yet the best they can get is 60 million? This is the kind of crap they've been pulling all year.

Super Elite

Let me add this, if Ubi buys THQ for more than 60 million dollars, that would be best for everyone. I'd much rather see them run the company than some shady private equity fund. Also Ubi may be interested in getting Patrice Desilets back. He's working for THQ creating a brand new IP. He's the original creator of the Assassins Creed franchise. If he produces another huge hit (for next gen consoles) like he did with Assassins Creed then almost any amount of money for THQ is worth it.

20. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Super Elite

http://finance.yahoo.com/mbview/thre...tls=la%2Cd%2C1

JASON RUBIN I HOPE YOU FRY IN JAIL FOR YEARS

by clearminded333 . Dec 21, 2012 12:23 PM . Permalink

Thq management is disgusting pigs. Company should be handed over to investors. Put thq management in jail. Behind bars where they belong

Re: JASON RUBIN I HOPE YOU FRY IN JAIL FOR YEARS

by blasterbeef . Dec 21, 2012 12:56 PM . Permalink

I have lost money before and always take it like a man and move on, but I am truly blown away by this turn of events with THQ. Deliberate, clear as day, shafting of shareholders and bondholders. No explanation for why they did not raise equity. A rights offering would have most likely been very successful.

Re: Re: JASON RUBIN I HOPE YOU FRY IN JAIL FOR YEARS

by robertnc2k7 . 6 minutes ago . Permalink

I agree - they should have all their assets stripped and get thrown in prison for securities fraud, but they no doubt did all this 'legally'

Re: JASON RUBIN I HOPE YOU FRY IN JAIL FOR YEARS

by chainsawsanta3 . Dec 21, 2012 12:46 PM . Permalink

just another fraudulent American executive, just like Brian "the fraud" Farrell
    Sentiment: Strong Sell

Apprentice
    So you guys are surprised or "angry" because one big-a** company betrays and deceives people, taking their money and robbing them?

THAT'S COMMON BUSINESS. We are all being robbed by this system. Wallstreet is full of criminals. They enslave humanity. You know, money is created, moved and converted. This THQ thing is just another example of how they operate.

I'll quote David Icke (although I don't agree with him on everything):
    "Money is created out of thin air. It doesn't exist. And the trick is to lend people money that doesn't exist, and charging them interest on it. For example, when you go to the bank and ask for a credit of - let's say - 50 grand, the guy just types in 50 grand on your account. There's no precious metals being moved or anything. And let's say you buy a car with these 50 grand. The guy who sold you his car then puts the 50 grand in the bank. Banks are allowed to lend AT LEAST ten times the amount of money that they have on deposit. This means that from the 50 grand that were created out of thin air, the bank now can lend AT LEAST 500.000 dollars AND CHARGE INTEREST ON IT! AND WE STAND FOR THIS?!"

I have to agree with him. It's just the way all this "business" works. We, the "consumers", are worth NOTHING. We are meant to consume. Entertainment is one of the biggest tools of this system to keep people busy and docile. The average gamer will never hear all the details of this THQ thing, and even if they do - so what?

Thanks for the detailed post @ the guy who wrote the detailed post.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    So you guys are surprised or "angry" because one big-a** company betrays and deceives people, taking their money and robbing them?

THAT'S COMMON BUSINESS. We are all being robbed by this system. Wallstreet is full of criminals. They enslave humanity. You know, money is created, moved and converted. This THQ thing is just another example of how they operate.

I'll quote David Icke (although I don't agree with him on everything):
    "Money is created out of thin air. It doesn't exist. And the trick is to lend people money that doesn't exist, and charging them interest on it. For example, when you go to the bank and ask for a credit of - let's say - 50 grand, the guy just types in 50 grand on your account. There's no precious metals being moved or anything. And let's say you buy a car with these 50 grand. The guy who sold you his car then puts the 50 grand in the bank. Banks are allowed to lend AT LEAST ten times the amount of money that they have on deposit. This means that from the 50 grand that were created out of thin air, the bank now can lend AT LEAST 500.000 dollars AND CHARGE INTEREST ON IT! AND WE STAND FOR THIS?!"

I have to agree with him. It's just the way all this "business" works. We, the "consumers", are worth NOTHING. We are meant to consume. Entertainment is one of the biggest tools of this system to keep people busy and docile. The average gamer will never hear all the details of this THQ thing, and even if they do - so what?

Thanks for the detailed post @ the guy who wrote the detailed post.
    Great point to the top people this is just business as usual and their escape goat. My only concern are the games I feel bad for anyone effected by this Work wise the video game industry is the most stable.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Take my word on this one. The lawsuits related to THQ's collapse will be epic in number.

Super Elite

The bondholders are unhappy that they're trying to rush th is through court in 30 days during the holidays.
    “Management and Clearlake want to ram this sale through” under a process that wouldn’t afford potential bidders enough time to seriously evaluate the assets, said Paul N. Silverstein, a lawyer representing noteholders.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Some havee, the company will downsize

More from the WWE on this

WWE sent out the following today, regarding the THQ bankruptcy filing…

WWE Responds To THQ Filing

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE:WWE) is listed in THQ, Inc.'s recent bankruptcy filing as an unsecured creditor holding a claim of approximately $45 million reflecting the entirety of the existing multi-year agreement.

Any impairment of a current THQ account receivable would be immaterial to WWE's financial statements. Even if the impact of THQ's bankruptcy were detrimental to WWE, the Company does not believe that the ultimate economic impact for financial statement purposes would materially and adversely affect the results of operations or financial position of WWE in light of the strength of the WWE brand and the historical performance of WWE's video game business.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...kruptcy-filing
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-22-2012 at 01:38. Reason: Merge.

Super Elite

This is what they're doing almost to the T.
    http://rense.com/general27/therapeofpolaroid.htm

The Grinch, staring Brian Ferrell, CEO of THQ.

Thread Information