It seems Ubisoft are still the main ones expected to buy THQ, I hope so

http://ejectdisk.com/thq-assets-sale...tential-buyer/

Published on[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.] January 23rd, 2013 | [/COLOR]by Oliver Skjelborg

THQ Assets Sale: Volition Inc To Be Sold; Ubisoft Could Be Potential Buyer

If you have been following the goings on in the gaming industry lately, you’ll know that THQ has been in trouble. By trouble, we don’t mean your average “disappointing release” trouble that every major publisher gets hit by every year. No, we mean full on, end of the company trouble. THQ has gone through many attempts at trying to save their sinking ship lately, including a 1-for-10 Reverse Stock Split so that they could stay on the NASDAQ, and more recently filing for bankruptcy.

Therefore, it is no surprise that they are going to have to start selling off their assets, if they want any chance of getting out of this, and if we want any chance of seeing any of their new games. With games like Company of Heroes 2, Saints Row 4 and Metro: Last Light in their catalogue, I don’t think that there is any doubt that we want to play these games. Luckily for us, it would appear that THQ has begun auctioning off the firsts of its studios and IPs.

Several Volition Inc. employees have been tweeting about the sale of their studio. Programmer Albert DeBacker tweeted,
Going slightly crazy waiting for information on the #THQ sale

After discovering this, I decided to dig deeper and try to find out more. This lead me to these pictures uploaded by Senior VFX Artist Jeremy Kendall, with a tweet saying,

With #THQ getting sold today. We this @VolitionInc
It would appear that the men and women over at Volition Inc. are having a party, complete with bountiful amounts of booze and margarita mix to celebrate the sale.

While we do not know who is going to buy Volition Inc as of right now, it is looking more and more like French video game giant Ubisoft is looking to not only acquire Volition Inc., but also other THQ assets. Hunter (@DDInvesting) seems to have inside sources, and recently tweeted,

THQ: Sources indicate Ubisoft has emerged as a contending bidder for certain THQ assets
We do not yet know if this source is reliable, and contending bidder does not mean that they will be the highest bidder, but Ubisoft do seem like the obvious choice for a THQ acquisition.

We will keep you updated as the story unfolds, and when we get more information regarding the auction.
What does this mean for the other studios under THQ’s control? Only time with tell if we get an Ubisoft published Company of Heroes 2.