Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Trey 4 life!!!!! lol
    Lol, great to see you still around, some of the old PS3 Forums guard.
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    Lol, great to see you still around, some of the old PS3 Forums guard.
    Great to see you again too. When I saw your post it brought back some old PS3 Forums memories. I hope this means youre back.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-29-2012 at 18:17.

you guys wonder why Europe gets the good stuff first on PS+...
    No advertising.

PSN ID
    Rodrigo-Filipino
    The sales figures seem to be slowing down a bit, but with that number, perhaps its time for the PS4 in a few years
    No advertising allowed.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by GinnyRamos View Post
    you guys wonder why Europe gets the good stuff first on PS+...
    And Sony wonders why Americans go buy a 360 instead when they used to be their biggest market for the PS2. You would think with PS3 not doing as well in that territory that Sony would take steps to lure those consumers to their console not give them a reason to go elsewhere. The US PS+ is a joke. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-sales-record/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-30-2012 at 17:01.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Europe pays a lot more for the hardware though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah thats true.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo View Post
    The sales figures seem to be slowing down a bit, but with that number, perhaps its time for the PS4 in a few years

If Sony doesn't release the PS4 by next Christmas then they've already lost next-gen. Despite the cheerleaders of this forum, they ended last generation with a virtual monopoly in the industry, and will end this generation in last place. If they sit on their arses and release a year or two later than MS next gen they are toast for sure.

Unlike this generation when everyone was expecting MS to fail and drop out of the industry, it's become very clear that MS is here to stay and can put out a system that is every bit as good as Sony, and with a year longer to develop their next-gen system than Sony has had I wouldn't count on any RROD problems to save Sony's behind again either. Not to mentipn MS is still raking in billions in profits while Sony has been bleeding money, which doesn't bode well for any thoughts of PS4 technical superiority.

This next generation is a make it or break it deal for Sony. If they are going to stay in console gaming then they've got to hit the streets at the same time as MS and be ready for a championship fight. If they don't, they will find themselves in the same position as Nintendo is with the Wii U.

Not as much as you might like to believe. European prices include VAT while US prices do NOT include Sales Tax. Add anywhere from 5-10% to the listed price in the US to see what Americans are really paying.

9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Believe? I'm from Europe, I've seen the prices. Until recently (since it's not as bad now), Europe has paid a $#@! ton more (UK), for the rest of Europe it's even worse since they treat 1USD as 1EUR, which means they're paying roughly +1/3 to the US.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Dedicated Member

Believe? I'm from Europe, I've seen the prices. Until recently (since it's not as bad now), Europe has paid a $#@! ton more (UK), for the rest of Europe it's even worse since they treat 1USD as 1EUR, which means they're paying roughly +1/3 to the US.

Again you're ignoring the lack of sales tax in the US vs your VAT included price in the UK.

You think these companies are ripping you off? Deduct your VAT from the price (20%, right) and then try your price comparison. These companies do not get to keep VAT for themselves. Then, deduct the import fees they have to pay to import their products into your country in the first place.

You may be getting ripped off, but it's not by the companies, it's your own government ripping you off. That's why your petrol prices are so much higher than the US as well, it's all tax. Your oil companies pay the same price ours do for wholesale crude oil purchases, the difference is all tax.

Superior Member

3rd party devs were what made Sony so successful, once they lost that monopoly in terms of support, then difference in libraries disappeared.

They have to get out within a short period of MS launching the next xbox, or hit the market first.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Again you're ignoring the lack of sales tax in the US vs your VAT included price in the UK.

You think these companies are ripping you off? Deduct your VAT from the price (20%, right) and then try your price comparison. These companies do not get to keep VAT for themselves. Then, deduct the import fees they have to pay to import their products into your country in the first place.

You may be getting ripped off, but it's not by the companies, it's your own government ripping you off. That's why your petrol prices are so much higher than the US as well, it's all tax. Your oil companies pay the same price ours do for wholesale crude oil purchases, the difference is all tax.
    Except I'm talking about the Euro, not the UKs GBP.

PSN ID
    cupngkoh
    Great job sony, i love playstation very much,
    Still waiting for ps4 haha

Thread Information