PSN ID
    shingi70

why hasn't Sony used more IPs for the Vital

I mean the vital has a decent library so far but why hasn't Sony used more of their older IP that would be more mobile friendly.

I mean the vita really doesn't need a resistance l, call of duty or killzone game. However stuff like Jak and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank, Parapa the rappa.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    I mean the vital has a decent library so far but why hasn't Sony used more of their older IP that would be more mobile friendly.

I mean the vita really doesn't need a resistance l, call of duty or killzone game. However stuff like Jak and Dexter, Ratchet and Clank, Parapa the rappa.

Everyone has diffrent tastes, i am well with dexter, clank games but please just please...dont dare to take my killzone away!!!
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Because they're stupid. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post

Because the bigger names take time to develop side story games. The vita's been out a year and JUST got R&C Full Frontal Assualt. Jak and Daxter (initially developed by Naughty Dog who are busy with The Last of Us) havent seen as much success as I think they'd like them to have, the last game was on the PSP and went largely unnoticed (on the other hand we DID get another Naughty Dog creation in the form of the Uncharted game by Bend Studios). Parapa hasnt seen an original release in like 10 years other than the version they just released for the PSP like 2 years ago. On top of that they have no way of knowing early on if the device with be enough of a success to warrant spending large dollars on vita versions of all their big franchises.

Resistance, CoD and Killzone are all well respected franchises (people love shooters, they've been huge business lately. I'm just surprised there wasnt a Battlefield game too) and if they can get a smaller developer to handle the reigns on them like Bend or even the people who did the Portable GoW games, while the major devs stick to the PS3 it's a smarter move in the long run until the big third party games get released assuming any of them have seen fit to develop for the device.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post

Resistance, CoD and Killzone are all well respected franchises (people love shooters, they've been huge business lately. I'm just surprised there wasnt a Battlefield game too) and if they can get a smaller developer to handle the reigns on them like Bend or even the people who did the Portable GoW games, while the major devs stick to the PS3 it's a smarter move in the long run until the big third party games get released assuming any of them have seen fit to develop for the device.
    Maybe it is a little off topic but starting with Cod instead of Battlefield was a bad idea, at least this is what i think, i am no fan of these games but battlefield has more hardcore fans than Cod..
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Thread Information