Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Official Zelda Thread...

Ok This is the zelda thread... Here we talk zelda and all that it has.... This includes

Favourite zelda moments....
    timelines.....
    theories.....
    enemies.....
    NPC's.....
    tribes...
    Creatures....
    worlds.....
    connections these all have.....
    Link.....
    zelda.....
    Dungeons.....

This will be the place for all zelda fans and who wants to learn the history of this great series.... The connections these games have with each other and other games... The history of its creation

Theories

The Hyrulian Pantheon: Introduction

The Hyrulian Pantheon: The Hylia Problem

Link: Theories on the Protagonist and Emergent Narrative

Zelda and the Silver Screen: Archplot and Miniplot

The Division Between Tribes and Monsters

All above information is provided from this link: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/

Footage
    Zelda 1

Zelda 2

Zelda: Link to the past

Zelda: Ocarina of time

Favorite Zelda Moments: Boarding the Ghost Ship in The Wind Waker

Make Your Own Zelda Game With Zelda Classic 2.50

The zelda Time Line

So with all the other stuff in the list.... I will let you all fill them in

Have fun, because this series is on another level of theories, timelines and connections
    Last edited by claud3; 12-31-2012 at 01:32.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Hands down, favorite series of all time. Although I'm ashamed to admit, I've never been a huge portable gamer, so I never played any handheld games except Minish Cap
    I really need to hunker down and get PH and ST since I have a 3ds and buy LA on the eShop lol
    Favorite has to go to Link to the Past!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I played them all... I am more into The theories Side of the series and the connection each theory has with each game

From villagers, tribes, enemies, characters, link all of them
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    nice thread mate i would rep ya but i cant like or rep at the moment LOL cant wait for a Zelda on Wii U

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Well not too much left as far theory goes I think. Wasn't that Hyrule book released the official timelines? This may seem weird, because it's my favorite series and all, but I never really tried linking them all together (pun not intended). At least until I played Skyward Sword. I'm gonna try to find a post I made on another forum as far as questions/comments I had after playing SS.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Link to the Past /I'm out

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    But some still think that hyrule book is wrong....

Nintendo have not said anything about this

But not all theories are answered, New ones are appearing

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nintendo revealed an official timeline however they have gone on record and said the games we not developed with a timeline in mind

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    True, the timeline posted in this thread, is actually the Nintendo timeline

But some have issue with it, because some logic does not fit and since one time line is the same aka Ocariana of time and Majors Mask, they are one timeline instead of separate.

Because they happened as he left hyrule and was in the lost woods, which is an area part of hyrule and tremaine I think that's how you spell it

Superior Member
    Hey i'm Link!
    I wanna play my game so bad,lol

I wish they'd put up that Demo of Zelda they had, on the store, so people can play/view/interact to their hearts content.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Since and before Ocariana of time

All zelda's had a reason.

Since OOT, all hit me

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Nintendo revealed an official timeline however they have gone on record and said the games we not developed with a timeline in mind
    Actually, I believe Miyamoto and Aunoma have gone on record as saying that Nintendo does have an official timeline.

I also found the original post I made so I'm just going to paste it as is and see where the discussion leads:

Disclaimer: I'm not all that much into trying to figure out the timelines and such, I mainly just enjoy the games on their own. But after completing this one, and starting the Minish Cap, I've been thinking about it some. And I'm at the very beginning of MC.

Broken_Cartridge wrote:
    @the_nintendo_screw the temple in the woods is only identified as a temple that was made in honor of the goddess Hylia. It was never called the Temple of Time like the other one was. (Though it is the only other place that has time travel....so again, I'm thinking it later becomes known as the Temple of Time)

This. I'm not sure where the desert Temple of Time fits in. But seeing as these are the only two places with gates, one can only assume since the Master Sword is housed at this temple, it'll eventually become the Temple of Time. Also, Link and Zelda stay together on the surface? Thoughts? Are they an "Adam and Eve" of sorts since they are the only humans on the surface? Also, just thought of this as I was writing this: I can't seem to recall too much of it in detail, but is there any similarities or anything between Skyloft and the sky land in Twilight Princess?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It's rich in history and theories and myth and truth...I am going to search more on this

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Actually, I believe Miyamoto and Aunoma have gone on record as saying that Nintendo does have an official timeline.

I also found the original post I made so I'm just going to paste it as is and see where the discussion leads:

Disclaimer: I'm not all that much into trying to figure out the timelines and such, I mainly just enjoy the games on their own. But after completing this one, and starting the Minish Cap, I've been thinking about it some. And I'm at the very beginning of MC.

This. I'm not sure where the desert Temple of Time fits in. But seeing as these are the only two places with gates, one can only assume since the Master Sword is housed at this temple, it'll eventually become the Temple of Time. Also, Link and Zelda stay together on the surface? Thoughts? Are they an "Adam and Eve" of sorts since they are the only humans on the surface? Also, just thought of this as I was writing this: I can't seem to recall too much of it in detail, but is there any similarities or anything between Skyloft and the sky land in Twilight Princess?
    Same here bro i just enjoy the story from each zelda game i played!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The fact that some NPC's in the progress of the series were turned into enemies and enemies turned into NPC's was awsome to learn

Also the fact their are tribes and none-tribes which should explain a lot of the villagers

Also dragons that have no direct connection with each other
    Last edited by claud3; 12-23-2012 at 15:37.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I know Nintendo really loved the Wiimote plus control scheme. Do y'all think they are going to stick with that setup for the Wii U game with Gamepad used as an accessory, or do you think they're going with the Gamepad as the control style? And which would you prefer?
    Last edited by RaY_210; 12-24-2012 at 15:08.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    maybe so, the wii u handheld will be used for chest search and dungeon maps and navigating weapons

so yes, but how much more can it offer the game

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I would like controls from the gcn version via the gamepad and use the game pad as an accessory to get you items and use it as a map or compass

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i see most want that... But it can be involved in all aspects of the game in some way

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Top 5 Legend of Zelda Bosses

Posted by Greg B. on Dec 29, 2012 in Games, lists, Nintendo, Opinion, Slider | 0 comments

The Legend of Zelda is arguably my favorite game series. It has many great elements: grand adventure, intense action, intricate puzzles and memorable dungeons. It’s a clutch series, always delivering an enjoyable experience. Part of that experience is created from its onslaught of exciting bosses. I decided to make a list on what I perceive are the five best bosses/boss battles from the series. As you read on, you’ll notice that most of the bosses I chose are from the 3D entries. This does not reflect my opinion on the 2D games. I love 2D and 3D equally. However, I do find that the 3D bosses leave a bigger mark. To 2D’s defense, 3D gives game developers more room to work with.

Anyway, here I provide my list (BEWARE OF SPOILERS):

Courtesy of Deviantart user, HeavyMetalHanzo

Argorok made his debut in Twilight Princess as the boss of the City in the Sky. Argorok is mainly on my list because he’s a bad-ass, black-armored, fire-breathing dragon. Really, that should be enough, but the technique to this fight is innovative. You get to use your shiny new toy, Double Clawshots, to climb up massive pillars, latch on to Argorok and bring him down using your Iron Boots.
    The second phase of the battle is where things really start to heat up (horrible pun intended). Wind, rain and thunder begin as you now have to double-claw your way around Peahats as Argorok breathes fire your way. I remember sitting on the edge of my couch in full focus and fear as I aimed my Wiimote at the screen. After an invigorating battle, you’re rewarded with seeing a dragon explode in mid-air. Pretty awesome.

Courtesy of Deviantart user, TV-OutcastArt

Veran is the main antagonist of Oracle of Ages, and makes for a fun yet difficult fight. Though her first battle isn’t nearly as challenging as the second, I always like when games throw in multiple fights with a boss. Stage one is essentially the same as the first battle. Veran possesses Queen Ambi, and you have to hit her with a Mysterious Seed. You can then pull Veran out of Queen Ambi with you Switch Hook and attack away. Stage two is where the battle reaches its peak. Veran turns into a fairy-esque creature and summons four “Dark Links” that mimic your movements.
    Stage three is the true swear-provoker. Her turtle form is enough to make you want to headbutt your gameboy as she tries to jump on you, forming a small pool of acid around where she lands. Her spider form is a bit easier, but you must hit her with bombs as she scurries about. The bee form… I didn’t find it very threatening. Overall, she’s a challenge, but definitely a boss worth noting when it comes to creativity and skilled gaming.

Stallord, also a boss from Twilight Princess, is found at the end of the Arbiter’s Grounds. This could be the most fun I had fighting a boss in any Zelda game. Using my Spinner to ride rails, dodge Staltroops (sand zombies) and attack Stallord’s spine is my definition of a good time. This is just the first stage of the battle. The second stage speeds up as you ascend a spiraling rails and dodge Blade Traps and fireballs being shot from Stallord’s floating head. Definitely an adrenalin pumper.

Although Dark Link makes several appearances throughout the series, his biggest would be his surprise attack in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. I was so psyched by this fight, that I moved the Water Temple up a couple notches on my dungeon list. You could always decimate him with the Megaton Hammer or Din’s Fire, but why not have a good old fashioned sword and shield duel with yourself. It’s the ultimate test of your skills. If you can beat someone who knows and copies your every move, you can beat anybody.

Courtesy of Jo Enaje

Phantom Ganon has his grand opening in Ocarina of Time at the end of the Forest Temple. He makes appearances in Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures, but doesn’t look nearly as cool. I was shocked when come to the end of the Forest Temple to find Ganondorf on his high horse. I was even more shocked when he tears his Ganondorf face off to reveal Phantom Ganon. The battle that follows is equally intense and innovative. You have to follow him from painting to painting with your bow and shoot arrows as he emerges in a dark vortex.
    The second half the battle foreshadows your later battle with Ganondorf. It’s a clever way of having you battle the main antagonist twice without actaully doing so. He’s of course not as hard as Ganondorf, but his menacing laugh paired with the haunting music keep you on edge. Watching him writhe and erupt in flames as Ganandorf taunts you from afar is a satisfiying end to a nail-biting battle.

There are definietly plenty of great battles spread across the series. It was a challenge on par with the first LoZ to narrow it down, and to put them in order. Please, feel free to provide your list.
    http://leviathyn.com/games-2a/opinio...-zelda-bosses/

i do not know about this list... But i agree ganon is the top boss any zelda enemies list

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    new update for the thread... A video of a zelda game someone made

within the spoiler their is the info and video, plus download link and all

it's called this

Make Your Own Zelda Game With Zelda Classic 2.50

Thread Information