Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Golden Eagle Snatches Child In A Park Hoax Seen By Millions

Golden Eagle Snatches Child In A Park Hoax Seen By MillionsFriday, December 21, 2012 0:44

(Before It's News)

This video was seen by millions of people,it was later found out to be a very clever hoax.Not only did the video look real,there was a bit of acting done by the camera man as well,making it seem even more authentic as it fooled the public.The video shows A golden eagle in Canada swooping down and grabbing a child as it struggles to lift him up off the ground and drops him a few moments later.Then as it turns out the bird was not a golden eagle and not one to be found in Canada.
    According to Discovery.com [A Montreal 3-D animation school, Centre NAD, fessed up to the hoax.
    In a statement, the school proudly noted, “The 'Golden Eagle Snatches Kid' video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design....Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards. The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.”

The Centre NAD also noted that this was not the first time that a video produced by their students had fooled the public: “Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme.”]

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...s-2519042.html

Lmao, this is nicely done
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I remember seeing this the other day jut knew it from the get go it was fake lol.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    From the deep you get taken to the caves below. From up high you get taken to the heavenly nest...and receive the same fate!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    very poetic mate.... You should promote that in bars to read lol
    Last edited by claud3; 12-21-2012 at 12:59.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Saw it couple of days ago and knew it was a hoax. You can clearly tell it was from the Shadows.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Ghost has a way with words lol.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    this is just funny and silly, the fact people actually sit and watched this all the way through

question marks above heads

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Yeah its probably fake. Even if the eagle would try to get the kid it probably wont be able to get it into the air as eagles arent that strong.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Yeah its probably fake. Even if the eagle would try to get the kid it probably wont be able to get it into the air as eagles arent that strong.
    It is fake, it was a university project. As for eagles not being strong. You don't give them enough credit they are more than capable of flying away with a small child

BBK. Tapatalking

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    It is fake, it was a university project. As for eagles not being strong. You don't give them enough credit they are more than capable of flying away with a small child

BBK. Tapatalking
    Eagles can get turtles and small animals like rabbits but the kid in the video had a decent weight and he wasnt that young so I dont think an eagle could be able to get the kid to such heights.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    WOW BBK and I were talking about this in the shoutbox the other day $#@!...well they got me LMAO

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Sage
    Eagles can get turtles and small animals like rabbits but the kid in the video had a decent weight and he wasnt that young so I dont think an eagle could be able to get the kid to such heights.
    Incorrect. Unless your telling me a baby weighs more than a mountain goat?

You could argue that it isn't truly flying but more gliding but even so, eagles are pretty impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    WOW BBK and I were talking about this in the shoutbox the other day $#@!...well they got me LMAO
    Yeah man! It looked believable and didn't seem too far fetched lol. Thankfully it was a hoax though!
    Last edited by BBK..; 12-21-2012 at 16:16.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Incorrect. Unless your telling me a baby weighs more than a mountain goat?

Yeah man! It looked believable and didn't seem too far fetched lol. Thankfully it was a hoax though!
    In that video eagles just try to pull the goats down the mountain and then eat or they take them and descend with them. No way they could ascend with a mountain goat in their claws.

It was freaking hilarious watching those goats falling from such heights
    I know its cruel but it was hilarious.

Elite Sage
    You quoted me before my edit. But yeah, I did add in that it did look more like the eagle was gliding with it (from about 2:00 onwards) rather than actually taking off with it.

But yeah, was a brutal way to hunt! Pretty clever, why work hard when gravity can do the work for you

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    It was believable because eagles are able to pick up something thats about what 15 pounds or so?

it was kinda funny watch it fall from that height....now that the word didnt end i can laugh at these things LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    You quoted me before my edit. But yeah, I did add in that it did look more like the eagle was gliding with it (from about 2:00 onwards) rather than actually taking off with it.

But yeah, was a brutal way to hunt! Pretty clever, why work hard when gravity can do the work for you
    Yeah I also thought that it was very smart, they have enough strength to pull a goat off a mountain so why not.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Indeed If the fake eagle had flown away with the fake boy it would have looked complete and obvious bull$#@!.

Birds (starlings I think) near where I used to live used a rock at the back of my garden to smash snail shells open so bird brained isn't always fair.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-21-2012 at 17:13.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Showed my parents this video and it triggered a 2 hour convo of concern and how I should be having kids now lmao...

Backfired in my face lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information