Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    shingi70
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    So Home wasn't successful even though it continually posts millions of dollars in profit? How much do achievements make?

Apart from Shadow Complex those games don't even come close to Sony's platformers. You'd have to go back 15 years to see some REAL platformers by RARE, they're nothing compared to what they used to be, ask anyone who has played their games from the beginning.

You tell me.

Removed the shovelware, I didn't list any so you cant either. (I actually forgot infamous in my previous post but oh well), that goes under Action/Adventure anyway though, sandbox isn't really a genre but more of a design, otherwise you could put Fallout, World of Warcraft etc. under it which makes no sense.

They fit under casual, and they were pretty much ideas that came from Sony who took the risk with them first, funny that.

A Sony zealot? lol you're one to talk with your head shoved so far up Microsofts ass in pretty much any thread. I own plenty of systems/games/accessories from many different companies and don't feel the need to defend them as much as you or some others on here do.
    How the **** is kinec t sports shovelware?

The game got favorable critical reception as well as sold a lot of copies.

If that the case than sports champions shouldn't be on your list.

Just because something doesnt appeal to you doesn't make it shovelware.

Sesame street once upon a monster is made by one of my favorite developers but it doesn't really appeal to me. My cousin loves but he's five and playing it and just by reading on its development it was made with young players in mind with adults in a supplementary role.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Soldier 95B
    Kinect sports is shovelware because its not on PS3.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It was outed recently,cant remember who, maybe ND, or Insomniac were directed by Sony to make games more realistic as this was their push fro all their studios.
    Huh? Making games more realistic = dropping casual games? I don't get it. Sports Champions is casual and realistic at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

I have a Wii which is riddled with shovelware but has awesome games that aren't on PS3, but hell I guess I'm a Sony drone because I'm not into MS/Xbox, since it's only Sony and MS that's ever been in this industry.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 01-01-2013 at 02:00.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Huh? Making games more realistic = dropping casual games? I don't get it. Sports Champions is casual and realistic at the same time.
    Are you deliberately being obtuse?
    Sports champions launched long after Sony launched the PS3. And at the same time they realised they needed to chase the casual crowd again.

I have a Wii which is riddled with shovelware but has awesome games that aren't on PS3, but hell I guess I'm a Sony drone because I'm not into MS/Xbox, since it's only Sony and MS that's ever been in this industry.
    Actually, it makes you closed minded enough to throw something like kinect sports as shovelware, without clearly ever trying it, or investigating it.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-01-2013 at 02:26.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Are you deliberately being obtuse?
    Sports champions launched long after Sony launched the PS3. And at the same time they realised they needed to chase the casual crowd again.
    Well how can a game like Singstar be realistic? And the quote has no mention whatsoever of casual titles in the first place.

Actually, it makes you closed minded enough to throw something like kinect sports as shovelware, without clearly ever trying it.
    Ditto on many of the titles you mention on PS3.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Well how can a game like Singstar be realistic? And the quote has no mention whatsoever of casual titles in the first place.
    So by not specifically saying something, omission is proof huh? Singstar is not a new ip or a title developed for the PS3. The best you could say is its a port or an HD remake.
    Ditto on many of the titles you mention on PS3.
    Unlike you I've investigated and watched with interest every single PS3 game released. Id garner i was looking forward to the days when warhawk had a single player campaign before you had ever heard of it.

The fight, such as it was had its own thread courtesy of ONQ.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-01-2013 at 02:34.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    So by not specifically saying something, omission is proof huh? Singstar is not a new ip or a title developed for the PS3. The best you could say is its a port or an HD remake.
    So you want me to give you a casual game on PS3 that's a new IP even though Singstar and Buzz pretty much proved the whole "Sony wanted to drop casual games at the beginning of his gen" wrong? Eye of Judgement. Or how about LocoRoco on PSP which had a PS3 spinoff? Or Super Rubber Dub? Or fl0w?

Unlike you I've investigated and watched with interest every single PS3 game released. Id garner i was looking forward to the days when warhawk had a single player campaign before you had ever heard of it.
    I played it on the PS1, 8 years beforehand.

yay, next gen!

Supreme Veteran

Thumbs up

there is no such thing as a budget title now a days, under any brand

Power Member
    Items User name style
    So you want me to give you a casual game on PS3 that's a new IP even though Singstar and Buzz pretty much proved the whole "Sony wanted to drop casual games at the beginning of his gen" wrong? Eye of Judgement. Or how about LocoRoco on PSP which had a PS3 spinoff? Or Super Rubber Dub? Or fl0w?
    Smacks forehead. come on.
    Where was Jak and Dax? Where was
    Sly? Where were any of their family games at the start of this generation?
    The only reason we even got more Ratchett may well have been Sonys inabilty to dictate to Insomniac.

I played it on the PS1, 8 years beforehand.
    Not the original the one touted for the PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Smacks forehead. come on.
    Where was Jak and Dax? Where was
    Sly? Where were any of their family games at the start of this generation?
    The only reason we even got more Ratchett may well have been Sonys inabilty to dictate to Insomniac.
    Those aren't casual games though, they're platformers. Mega Man ain't a casual game lol

Not the original the one touted for the PS3.
    I'd still heard of it before you though, not that it matters though because I still played it before you did because you never got a PS3 unsurprisingly.

yay, next gen!

Forum Elder
    Those aren't casual games though, they're platformers. Mega Man ain't a casual game lol

I'd still heard of it before you though, not that it matters though because I still played it before you did because you never got a PS3 unsurprisingly.
    The one's Mynd mentioned are casual platformers though.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Not really, Mario is more of a casual platformer, but according to some people anything that isn't M rated is casual so I'm not getting into this debate again.Getting Sly Cooper day one though because it's Sony's best platformer from PS2 IMO.

yay, next gen!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Oh man, Jak/Ratchet/Sly count as casual games?

Bomb thread!

Regarding Kinect Sports - oh Rare, what have they done to you?

15. Likes Ghost , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I never considered Sly, Ratchet or Jak to be casual platformers either.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I never considered Sly, Ratchet or Jak to be casual platformers either.
    I never did either. Theyre just platformers period. Jak and Daxter was the only one I really got into though. I'm not a big platformer guy.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Maybe you guys need to re-read the thread i said casual/family friendly games.

I never said "casual only" that was Someone else trying to twist what I said.

Casual was only one aspect of their focus change. Not the be all and all.

If you read the thread you'll see I never said they dropped casual games only. I said they changed their focus to more realistic games.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-01-2013 at 19:06.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I never did either. Theyre just platformers period. Jak and Daxter was the only one I really got into though. I'm not a big platformer guy.
    perhaps they were to casual for you?

i kid

Forum Elder
    Maybe you guys need to re-read the thread i said casual/family friendly games.

I never said "casual only" that was Someone else trying to twist what I said.
    what is casual, if not family friendly?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    what is casual, if not family friendly?
    Exactly, its a subset off.
    I also assumed he meant family friendly when aaron dismissed viva piniata as a casual game.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    perhaps they were to casual for you? i kid
    lol Good one. Platformers just arent my cup of tea.

I would say its shovelware because it is shovelware....

Just like how PS3 exclusive has some shovelwares. No need to get super defensive about an exclusive.

24. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    I would say its shovelware because it is shovelware....

Just like how PS3 exclusive has some shovelwares. No need to get super defensive about an exclusive.
    Wow, its got an average of 73 on metactiric, despite some absolutely scathing bias reviews from nobody sites. Top 30 reviews give it an average of 79.

It aint shovelware. And it clearly did enough to warrant a sequel.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-02-2013 at 02:56.

26. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

And yet people are defending Wonderbook in the PS3 section and even jumped down the throat of a member who dared to criticise it. Go figure.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And yet people are defending Wonderbook in the PS3 section and even jumped down the throat of a member who dared to criticise it. Go figure.
    Yeah there's all sorts of hypocrisy and double standards that go on in this section. We should really just do away with this section. We are at the doorstep of a new gen,why the **** have people got something to prove ya know?
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

29. Likes mistercrow, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah there's all sorts of hypocrisy and double standards that go on in this section. We should really just do away with this section. We are at the doorstep of a new gen,why the **** have people got something to prove ya know?
    Nintendo's the best!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Thread Information