Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Journey on the PS3 has the best graphics ever, and it is only an indie game. Need I say more?

Also, I just bought 7 HD collections. I can't do that on Xbox yet.
    Oh goodie, you bought 7 ps2 games for a way more expensive price than you would have paid for the actual ps2 version if Sony hadnt taken away backwards compatability. A feature that Sony once touted as a selling point.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I'm not talking about the fog effect, but how the ripples of the grains of the sand move when the sands are stirred up. It reminds me of NVIDIA's Turbulance PhysX demo but applied to a flat surface. Also, the convincing physics for the moving mounds of sands too. It is really amazing.
    When you walk for example? Its the same wave cosine effect with varying amplitude, it pretty easy to stretch a mesh along its height in a a shader, Im still not seeing what your seeing obviously. Or when you slide? You'll notice that effect fades pretty quickly, and again,like most snow boarding games, its easy to implement when your using the one color.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh goodie, you bought 7 ps2 games for a way more expensive price than you would have paid for the actual ps2 version if Sony hadnt taken away backwards compatability. A feature that Sony once touted as a selling point.
    It's in HD so it does have an actual great selling point. I bought Ico Collection and Jak and Daxter Collection for $20 each. That is actually a lot cheaper than buying the originals.

Soldier 95B
    360 is still BC with a majority of Xbox 1 games

5. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    360 is still BC with a majority of Xbox 1 games
    As is testament to Battlefront 2 being played still on it in our house.

It's in HD so it does have an actual great selling point. I bought Ico Collection and Jak and Daxter Collection for $20 each. That is actually a lot cheaper than buying the originals.
    All Xbox 1 titles BC titles are "HD" upscaled on the 720 with full MSAA.
    Day one feature.

The only HD collections Ive bought are DMC and MGS, for the obvious reasons.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-04-2013 at 22:20.

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I doubt that. Most ps2 games I've seen lately were about $10.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    When you walk for example? Its the same wave cosine effect with varying amplitude, it pretty easy to stretch a mesh along its height in a a shader, Im still not seeing what your seeing obviously. Or when you slide? You'll notice that effect fades pretty quickly, and again,like most snow boarding games, its easy to implement when your using the one color.
    If Journey's swirling sand effect so simple, then why didn't you think of it first? The beauty of Journey's sand rendering is not about how complex or demanding it is. It's the fact that it is a simple yet very convincing sands effect. They found a really great way of rendering amazing looking sand. Stop being a negative nancy.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I doubt that. Most ps2 games I've seen lately were about $10.
    So then these PS3 HD Collections are the same price as their PS2 counterpart but with much, much better visuals.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So then these PS3 HD Collections are the same price as their PS2 counterpart but with much, much better visuals.
    From what I've heard and seen the visuals are anywhere from only marginally better to not at all. And if you bought those games for 20 bucks each then that would be double the price of the ps2 originals (10 bucks each) not the same. Do the math.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-04-2013 at 22:55.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Whoever you heard this from is just lying. All of the HD collection look much better than the original PS2 releases. The jump to HD alone makes the visuals so much better, and some are even at full 60fps like the Jak and Daxter Collection. And no, an HD collections game with two to three HD games on it for $20 is definitely not double the price of paying $10 per respective title included in the PS3's HD Collections disc. Maybe it is you who needs to fix your math. You too, like Mynn, need to not be so negative and try checking some out. The jump to HD does a lot more justice to these games than most would realize.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    If Journey's swirling sand effect so simple, then why didn't you think of it first? The beauty of Journey's sand rendering is not about how complex or demanding it is. It's the fact that it is a simple yet very convincing sands effect. They found a really great way of rendering amazing looking sand. Stop being a negative nancy.
    Its been used in tonnes of games, it just normally not sand colored, and set against a similar color background.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Whoever you heard this from is just lying. All of the HD collection look much better than the original PS2 releases. The jump to HD alone makes the visuals so much better, and some are even at full 60fps like the Jak and Daxter Collection. And no, an HD collections game with two to three HD games on it for $20 is definitely not double the price of paying $10 per respective title included in the PS3's HD Collections disc. Maybe it is you who needs to fix your math. You too, like Mynn, need to not be so negative and try checking some out. The jump to HD does a lot more justice to these games than most would realize.
    http://www.fromthedpad.com/2012/10/2...the-hd-remake/

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Sly Cooper
    Wasn't released yet, got delayed up the ass.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    From what I've heard and seen the visuals are anywhere from only marginally better to not at all. And if you bought those games for 20 bucks each then that would be double the price of the ps2 originals (10 bucks each) not the same. Do the math.
    The games do benefit from being in HD though, a good Collection would also run better
    While some do benefit from upgrades even the ones that don't look better simply because they are in HD
    Most collections are from classic games, some are dirt cheap while others are silly prices, so a collection of them is tempting, especially when they are a better then the original, but yes games like Silent Hill are a different story

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    The Sly Collection is the best IMO, HUGE difference especially 3, if the new one looked exactly the same as that I'd be happy, the new 3Dish look isn't as nice from what I've seen but we'll see.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Its not even close to a great looking game, not sure what people are seeing in it. It a unique look, that doesnt make a the best looking game.
    Might have to play it first then. Seriously, youtube videos don't do games justice.

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The best looking HD remake I've seen so far is Halo CE Anniversary on the 360. Now thats a graphical remake done right.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Might have to play it first then. Seriously, youtube videos don't do games justice.
    But best looking game? C'mon. lol

Soldier 95B
    The best looking HD remake I've seen so far is Halo CE Anniversary on the 360. Now thats a graphical remake done right.
    I have to agree with this. They nailed it good too.

Forum Elder
    I have to agree with this. They nailed it good too.
    and in 3D...

Its not even close to a great looking game, not sure what people are seeing in it. It a unique look, that doesnt make a the best looking game.
    i'd hazard a guess to it being PS3 exclusive, so it automatically becomes better and being by a fanboy dev only adds to the spin on the game.
    but it is... a great looking game, just not the best EVER...

if Sony hadnt taken away backwards compatability. A feature that Sony once touted as a selling point.
    my phat PS3 does some backwards compatibility. tried it once when i first bought it, never since.

some make such a big thing over BC. lost on me though.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 01-05-2013 at 13:14.

Soldier 95B
    I never use BC on my Xbox even though I have Xbox original games. I will never use it with Xbox 3 or PS4 either.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Good point. It's something I've always liked knowing I have, but thinking back the only PS2 game I ever played on BC with my phatty was MGS3. Since then Konami have released the HD collection so I have no use for it now

But again, I'd still like to have it just..to have it. It wouldn't bother me if next gen didn't have it though

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    It might not be technically, but it's definitely a great looking game. With its art design, it will stand the test of time more than other technically great games.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I used BC all the time on my phat, so I love the HD Collections except the Konami half assed ones. I also buy the PS2 Classics as well with no improvements, but since I'm trying to get all my games digitally now I'd be doing this even if the slim had 100% backwards compatible. I sell the discs in order to pay for the PS3/PSN versions anyway so I'm not losing anything (except the FF/GTA games, I'll keep those discs for collection purposes, especially my black label FF7 copies from each region).

Soldier 95B
    We need HD remakes of the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games. Summit Strike for sure. Black Arrow, yes sir.

Thread Information