Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its been used in tonnes of games, it just normally not sand colored, and set against a similar color background.
    Then do you think you could list off a few games then that have done something as impressive as Journey? Journey is honestly the first game I have seen to do what it does.

So because an HD remaster is not an HD remake, 720p x4MSAA @ 60fps is barely more impressive than 240p @ 60fps? I like said, you're just being a negative Nancy.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Then do you think you could list off a few games then that have done something as impressive as Journey? Journey is honestly the first game I have seen to do what it does.
    Give me the exact effect you want to see replicated. And Ill find it for you.
    But to start you off and cover most of them, just look at SSX.

So because an HD remaster is not an HD remake, 720p x4MSAA @ 60fps is barely more impressive than 240p @ 60fps? I like said, you're just being a negative Nancy.
    Not really, you get cleaner lines, but not cleaner textures in most cases.

I do appreciate those cleaner lines, but then on the Xbox you don't have to actually have to pay for it as long as you have a HDD, all you need is your old game disc.

3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Yes, you actually do get cleaner textures. In 240p, everything is way too blurry to ever see the great detail in the textures, but in an HD remastered game with uncompressed textures rendered in full 720p, you can.

As far replicating effects, Journey's sands have a rippling effect in the textures when the sand becomes unsettled. I'd like to see another game with that same effect.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Is that what you call people that disagree with you? lol Not everybody is going to agree with your opinions. Grow up.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Crackdown is a new ip this gen and got a sequel (that flopped). I consider Horizon a new ip (despite using the Forza name)but that game has also flopped so far. So Gears would be the only profitable new ip but the number of new ips period would be 4. AW,Crackdown,Gears and Horizon. 3 out of 4 of those flopped. So yeah to point out Sony for making games "nobody buys" while praising the retail success of 360 exclusives is a bit disingenous.

Horizon flopped? Didnt realise that....mental....racing games seem to be dying of death.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 01-07-2013 at 02:18.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Is that what you call people that disagree with you? lol Not everybody is going to agree with your opinions. Grow up.
    Eh? Aren't you the one getting so easily offended and being rude for no reason?.. Anyways, I'm honestly not so much disagreeing with your opinion so much as I'm telling you that your opinion is just misinformed. You can trust me when I saying that 720p always looks a lot better than 240p, and three HD games for $20 is definitely cheaper than paying $10-$20 for each for the respective PS2 originals. But I'll let you continue to hate on HD remastered titles and avoid informing you of the obvious benefits of buying said HD remastered if that is really what you wish.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 01-07-2013 at 03:03.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Eh? Aren't you the one getting so easily offended and being rude for no reason?.. Anyways, I'm honestly not so much disagreeing with your opinion so much as I'm telling you that your opinion is just misinformed. You can trust me when I saying that 720p always looks a lot better than 240p, and three HD games for $20 is definitely cheaper than paying $10-$20 for each for the respective PS2 originals. But I'll let you continue to hate on HD remastered titles and avoid informing you of the obvious benefits of buying said HD remastered if that is really what you wish.
    lol Please explain how I was getting easily offended and being rude. And your post here definitely comes across as somebody getting offended. lol I'm just trying to discuss this topic with you but you keep acting all butthurt over anything I have to say about it. Its just a game console not a religion so take a deep breath and calm down.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-07-2013 at 04:12.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Horizon flopped? Didnt realise that....mental....racing games seem to be dying of death.
    Not really. GT5 has sold 9 million copies worldwide and Forza 4 a few million. Racing games arent going away.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-07-2013 at 08:41.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    According to Radgamer, tell someone to "grow up" isn't an insult. Rad, it is too obvious you just baiting and lying. You are what is called the polite troll, meaning you are the kind to respond to someone saying "you're negative" with "omg! He called me names! I guess some people just can't have civil discussions." Also, it is a fact that your opinion is wrong.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    HD collections are horrible cash-grabs. It's a poor replacement for B/C. I definitely won't rebuy my games.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    HD collections are horrible cash-grabs. It's a poor replacement for B/C. I definitely won't rebuy my games.
    I agree. Blatant cash grab is exactly what it is. What amazes me is that some people actually try to defend it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    According to Radgamer, tell someone to "grow up" isn't an insult. Rad, it is too obvious you just baiting and lying. You are what is called the polite troll, meaning you are the kind to respond to someone saying "you're negative" with "omg! He called me names! I guess some people just can't have civil discussions." Also, it is a fact that your opinion is wrong.
    lol The irony in your post is staggering.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-07-2013 at 06:57.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    lol @ the thread. C'mon y'all!

Are HD cash grabs...I guess, but no one is holding a gun to our heads forcing us to buy them. I have R&C, MGS and Sly HD collections, and will get the ICO & SotC HD and ZoE remakes eventually, and maybe Hitman depending on reviews. Saying that these collections are sorry replacement for BC is an understandable point of view, but 1) I don't have my PS2 games any more, 2) they wouldn't looks as clean, 3) they wouldn't have trophies and 4) they wouldn't have the 3D option. Everything in gaming is a cash grab, be it accessories, DLC or annualised games and everyone has their guilty pleasure in putting their cash in these grubby grabbing hands.

I'll be getting Sly 4, so I love that I will have the whole series on PS3. Same with Hitman, I will probably buy the HD collection and Absolution at the same time, and again can have the whole series on PS3, with polished visuals.

15. Likes Admartian , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey Foraeli...can get a bit crazy in here huh? $#@! can get real in an instant sometimes in this section of the site as it's often the clashing point of opinions.

A while ago, a rule was put into place on the forums. We decided it was best for members to not publicly call people out if they feel they are trolling, but to encourage members to report the offending post instead. Then the staff can review the matter and bring peace accordingly through warnings, infractions and when $#@! gets REALLY real, bans.

Report offending posts, then the staff can review it and decide whether it deserves action or not. It's the best way of working towards a troll-free and enjoyable environment. (it seems to be working pretty well so far!)
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-07-2013 at 07:02.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol @ the thread. C'mon y'all!

Are HD cash grabs...I guess, but no one is holding a gun to our heads forcing us to buy them.

this is a whole new kettle of fish imo, and one i've thought about posting a thread about.

gamers as a whole are far too keen to throw money at devs, which keeps them lazy, and allows prices to be artificially high.

i was looking at the BO2 season pass yesterday. 40 quid???? they can $#@! right off. but unfortunately i can't "vote with my wallet" because too many people are eager to waste money and encourage devs to charge these prices for basically $#@! all. the same can be seen with arcade games, and that hat you just bought your avatar for $25.

in other words.... want scaled backwards compatibility? stop being a mug and paying through the nose for HD remakes......
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    this is a whole new kettle of fish imo, and one i've thought about posting a thread about.

gamers as a whole are far too keen to throw money at devs, which keeps them lazy, and allows prices to be artificially high.

i was looking at the BO2 season pass yesterday. 40 quid???? they can $#@! right off. but unfortunately i can't "vote with my wallet" because too many people are eager to waste money and encourage devs to charge these prices for basically $#@! all. the same can be seen with arcade games, and that hat you just bought your avatar for $25.

in other words.... want scaled backwards compatibility? stop being a mug and paying through the nose for HD remakes......
    Good points J3ff3. Everyone plays their part in this matter though, like I said. I may have bought 3 HD collections, but how many people on this forum have 3 or 4 CoD games. People always $#@! and moan about the lack of innovation and growth but each year it sells 20 million copies.

I don't think voting with the wallet will ever achieve anything anymore. The industry is too big and even if someone rallied 20,000 people to not buy a game for whatever reason, it is futile if this action isn't communicated to the devs/publishers. I guess gamers as a whole or content with how things are haha.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I agree they are cash grabs. I wouldn't have begged for a Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon HD remake had Microsoft not disabled original Xbox games over Xbox Live. I would be happy to keep playing the originals. But normally the HD remake would probably have been tooled to work with the current online.

no one is holding a gun to our heads forcing us to buy them. .
    Bickety Bam. Right there.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Hey Foraeli...can get a bit crazy in here huh? $#@! can get real in an instant sometimes in this section of the site as it's often the clashing point of opinions.

A while ago, a rule was put into place on the forums. We decided it was best for members to not publicly call people out if they feel they are trolling, but to encourage members to report the offending post instead. Then the staff can review the matter and bring peace accordingly through warnings, infractions and when $#@! gets REALLY real, bans.

Report offending posts, then the staff can review it and decide whether it deserves action or not. It's the best way of working towards a troll-free and enjoyable environment. (it seems to be working pretty well so far!)
    Thanks for letting me know, and that sound like a good plan.

Flaw3d Genius
    Not really. GT5 has sold 9 million copies worldwide and Forza 4 a few million. Racing games arent going away.
    Yeah but that's only 2 games out of about 20-30. On PC they are no longer selling by huge numbers either certainly nothing like they were 6-8 years ago.

Looking at NFS MW sales that came out a week later it has sold much less than Horizon yet is on PS3, 360 & PC.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 01-07-2013 at 19:43.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Yeah but that's only 2 games out of about 20-30. On PC they are no longer selling by huge numbers either certainly nothing like they were 6-8 years ago. Looking at NFS MW sales that came out a week later it has sold much less than Horizon yet is on PS3, 360 & PC.
    Racing games arent going to die out. Developers still make plenty of them. When developers stop making them then I'll buy into your theory.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Racing games arent going to die out. Developers still make plenty of them. When developers stop making them then I'll buy into your theory.
    As someone who hasn't been the biggest racing game fan ever; I can agree with this. NFS:MW on PS3 and Horizon on 360 has certainly revitalised the genre for me. Both excellent games.

In regards to HD collections being cash grabs, that may be the case. But it helps someone like me to revisit titles/franchises that I have missed/skipped/overlooked and allow me to experience them.
    Be Together - Not the same.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    In regards to HD collections being cash grabs, that may be the case. But it helps someone like me to revisit titles/franchises that I have missed/skipped/overlooked and allow me to experience them.
    It can be done just as well with B/C. I might pick up ICO HD, since I haven't played it, but I'd definitely pick up the ps2 version if my ps3 had B/C.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If they still sold PS2 games new here (I mean the more niche ones, not the likes of GTA), then I'd agree but I hate buying old used games (where they've be wrecked over the past 10 years or so).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If they still sold PS2 games new here (I mean the more niche ones, not the likes of GTA), then I'd agree but I hate buying old used games (where they've be wrecked over the past 10 years or so).
    Yeah DVDs aren't Blu-rays either..2nd hand PS2 games are scratch city.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-07-2013 at 20:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I only ever had that problem once with a used PS2 game so I''m pretty lucky there I guess, the game kept stuttering and the disc was pretty loud, got it replaced with a better one. I guess they don't test the games getting traded in even if they look terrible.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information