Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Petition to deport piers morgan

In case some of you are unaware, there is a petition to remove this man from the United States because of his expressed opinion against the second amendment of the US Constitution. The forum has been a bit boring lately, so I felt this was worth posting.

A petition asking President Obama to deport CNN anchor Piers Morgan gathered more than 33,000 signatures in just three days.The petition on the White House’s “We the People” website posted Friday has crossed the 25,000 threshold needed to solicit a response from President Obama. But unlike the petitions to reduce gun violence that Obama addressed last week, this one isn’t likely to receive a favorable response.
    The petition takes aim at Morgan for his impassioned defense of proposed gun control legislation on air this week. It accuses him of launching “a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment.”
    But according to immigration attorney Mark Schifanelli, it would take more than expressing an opinion on television to get Morgan booted out of the country.
    The Department of Homeland Security would have the power to start a deportation process on Morgan if it was warranted, Schifanelli said, but even then, there’s no guarantee Morgan wouldn’t win the right to stay in an appeals process.
    “He’s got certain rights,” Schifanelli told ABC News Monday. “Even as a foreign national in the United States, he’s afforded various rights under national security law and due process.”
    What’s more, Morgan’s supposed attack on the Second Amendment is likely protected by the First Amendment. His speech would have to present “immediate danger” in order to break the law. Schifanelli said it’s unlikely Morgan’s defense of gun restrictions would meet that requirement.
    Source

This sort of thing is just ridiculous.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    He is not protected by the 1st Amendment cause he's a British subject, his loyalty is to the queen.

4. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    I'm glad to see that this is being talked about, I doubt anything will come of it, but I agree that he should be deported.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    This guy needs to know what it means to live out side and not to walk in
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    He is not protected by the 1st Amendment cause he's a British subject, his loyalty is to the queen.
    He's entirely protected under the Constitution. He's on US soil and our laws apply to him. The courts have held this up numerous times in the past, and the Constitution was written for the People.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    I'm glad to see that this is being talked about, I doubt anything will come of it, but I agree that he should be deported.
    He should be deported because he has his own opinion? That's unacceptable behavior, Kwes. It's horribly hypocritical to refrain the first amendment in favor of the second.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

8. Likes sainraja , John25 , Equinoqs likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    He is an ass, he thinks he knows the American history and the laws
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Where do I sign?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    If the 1st Amendment covers the KKK's racist parades & the NRA's factually-inaccurate billboards, then it applies to Piers Morgan's opinion. It's your right to have the opinion that he should be deported for his opinion, just as it's his right to have that opinion. It doesn't apply to immigration law, though. The petition is a symbolic but legitimate form of protest, no matter how ill-informed it is.

Shut up and play games

Forum Sage
    Aw man. I was quite enjoying not seeing his mug on TV.

As much as I dislike the man what he did took balls. Takes a lot to stand up and voice your opinion especially when you know the vast majority of the country are going to shoot it down.

13. Likes John25 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    He should be deported because he has his own opinion? That's unacceptable behavior, Kwes. It's horribly hypocritical to refrain the first amendment in favor of the second.
    What the $#@! do I care? He attacks the 2nd Amendment, then he doesn't deserve acceptable behavior. I say, get him out of the $#@!ing country, if he doesn't like it, why stay?

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    After insulting our Country with that Twitt Romney you can keep Piers over there as Punishment !!! :P

16. Likes Equinoqs likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Ah, $#@! it.
    Last edited by Equinoqs; 12-26-2012 at 14:34. Reason: what's the use

Shut up and play games

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    This Guy should just be sent to the darkest reaches of Africa and striped bare and to live the life as a real person.. So he can actually understand the world we live in

below videos of is idiotic show

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Who the $#@! cares anyway.There are a lot of people like that and we are getting rid only of the most popular ones.

Friendship is Carrots
    What the $#@! do I care? He attacks the 2nd Amendment, then he doesn't deserve acceptable behavior. I say, get him out of the $#@!ing country, if he doesn't like it, why stay?
    The First Amendment exists for a reason, and it's much higher of a priority than the Second. This man has a right to voice his opinion freely just as anyone else. To say otherwise is just dishonest and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Who the $#@! cares anyway.There are a lot of people like that and we are getting rid only of the most popular ones.
    I personalty care about the stagnating rationally of my nation and the potential effects it may cause today or in the future.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-26-2012 at 16:04.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    the future is brighter with a bullet in the head...

But this guy just grinds my gears so much and needs to go back to England and feel like he is loved

this guy would work better than anyone else

Unbound Mercenary
    The First Amendment exists for a reason, and it's much higher of a priority than the Second. This man has a right to voice his opinion freely just as anyone else, you hypocritical, dishonest and socially backwards man.
    Wow, I bet its fun to make up bull$#@! about someone you know nothing about!

I have my right to wish that this $#@!er should be deported, is it not our first amendment right to express our hatred for this guy? Or does it only apply when bashing a certain thing?
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-26-2012 at 16:09.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I guess its not that boring for Rapture anymore

Super Elite
    What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Oh I actually agree with Mr Morgan about gun practices in America it is out of control.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Friendship is Carrots
    It's not bull$#@!, Kwes. You know it isn't. I've read enough of your posts to see how you think. It is unfortunate that you posted before I edited the post, though.

You have the right to say that you want this man to be deported, but it makes you no less unfair or hypocritical. And you should be criticized for that. No offense, but you're a large part of what is wrong with this nation and its society. "If he thinks differently, he should be removed!" This is a nation that once prided itself on being free and just.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I removed the insult that was quoted seeing how Rapture removed it from is post. Anymore insults by anyone will result in an automatic infraction. No reason why we can not discuss this without insults guys.

Unbound Mercenary
    It's not bull$#@!, Kwes. You know it isn't. I've read enough of your posts to see how you think. It is unfortunate that you posted before I edited the post, though.

You have the right to say that you want this man to be deported, but it makes you no less unfair or hypocritical. And you should be criticized for that. No offense, but you're a large part of what is wrong with this nation and its society. "If he thinks differently, he should be removed!" This is a nation that once prided itself on being free and just.
    Why? If you took to the time to post it, why wouldn't you have the balls to leave it, you obviously meant it.

And honestly, if piers has the right to bash an amendment, I have the $#@!ing right to say he needs to be deported, until anything is done, its all just talk anyway. Why do you think that an amendment should work only in some ways and not others?

Friendship is Carrots
    Why? If you took to the time to post it, why wouldn't you have the balls to leave it, you obviously meant it.
    I did certainly mean it. But I chose to edit it as it was too insulting and not necessary for the thread.

And honestly, if piers has the right to bash an amendment, I have the $#@!ing right to say he needs to be deported, until anything is done, its all just talk anyway. Why do you think that an amendment should work only in some ways and not others?
    Of course you have the right. But you're being hypocritical and insensible about it. You exercise the right to your freedom of speech yet espouse that you would want a man deported because of his opinion. If you don't see what's wrong or unreasonable about that then I don't know what to say to you. "Agree with me or get out" is hardly a right to freedom of speech. In your overt protection and defense of the second amendment you ruin the intentions of the first: to preserve individual dissent and protect the citizenry from punishment in the face of them speaking their mind.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

29. Likes Equinoqs, John25 , Naxi likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    I did certainly mean it. But I chose to edit it as it was too insulting and not necessary for the thread.

Of course you have the right. But you're being hypocritical and insensible about it. You exercise the right to your freedom of speech yet espouse that you would want a man deported because of his opinion. If you don't see what's wrong or unreasonable about that then I don't know what to say to you. "Agree with me or get out" is hardly a right to freedom of speech. In your overt protection and defense of the second amendment you ruin the intentions of the first: to preserve individual dissent and protect the citizenry from punishment in the face of them speaking their mind.
    In order for an insult to take effect, the person being insulted has to care about the opinion of the person administering the insult. I however, do not.

If a person dislikes the country he is in, then go to a different country. Piers can go $#@! his opinion, and take it with him. I honestly hope he gets to deported, and if you have a problem with that, then that is just another opinion that will fall by the wayside.

If you expect me to act otherwise, you should remember, I am an egocentric, god-fearing American that humps the constitution.

Thread Information