14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hitman: Absolution

11 78.57%
  • PS All Stars BR

3 21.43%
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Boxing Day standoff: Hitman or PS All Stars?

Hey PSU,

I'm having a bit of a monetary dilemma. I wanna get both these games, but I only can budget for one, and I wanna buy on of these on re-playability. How many hours I can get into vs. how many playthroughs I'll keep coming back to. I know PS All Stars seems like a no brainer, but I'm more of a solo guy and I like to play through, and finally explore all the other modes only after. SP first, everything else is secondary. That's how I've always done it. I'm getting either game from FutureShop today because it's boxing day and they have them for only $29.99 each.

So, what should I get?

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    If you're a solo guy, then All Stars isn't a no brainer. Go with Hitman. The different styles you can use and contracts mode can make it quite replayable. I'm not sure if it has the replayability of the previous hitmans though.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah if you a are a solo guy then Hitman is the way to go. PSABR is awesome though, get it eventually.

I'm still bustin' all kindz of nuts over Persona 4 and my precioussssss DUST and these two will keep me rocking well into 2013. I will get Hitman sometime next year when it's cheaper. I have about 8 games in my amazon wish list (mostly 2012 titles, 3 2011 titles) and I'm just waitin'...I will have more than enough to play from current gen to hold me over some time into next gen. Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Dishonored are all on my list...

$#@! me next year has some amazing games coming; TLOU, Beyond, GoW:A, Aliens: CM, Bioshock Infinite, MGR: Revengeance, Tomb Raider...I'm sorted for a LONG time haha.

Soldier 95B

Super Elite
    All Stars!!! It's online is awesome, you will spend hours of hours. If you want a game with story then get hitman, if you want a game that will keep you coming back, get all stars.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Playstation all stars. Now go get it, $#@!!.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    hitman, hate smash bro's rip off's
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    They've both dropped in price rapidly since coming out around the same time. Hitman is around 18 here last I saw and All Stars around 20. If you're keen to put in the hours in All Stars (it can be very frustrating online against spammers/lamers tho) you'll get plenty of replayability out of it. Loads of charactars in the game and a lot of which play differently making it enough of a fresh experience if you try and master a few of them. + Playing with a friend locally, planning and coordinating your strat is tons of fun as well, no other experience like it on PS3

I haven't played Hitman so I can't give an honest opinion on it. But I've heard great things and will get it eventually

Veteran
    I'm gonna be picking up all stars soon myself. Playe it yesterday on my brothers vita and I really enjoyed it. Love the big assortment of characters too.

Maybe you could purchase one game and possibly rent the other? Just an idea.

Flaw3d Genius
    I wouldnt bother with either! Hitman feels broke and All Stars is rubbish!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    His mind is obviously made up and just needs help picking one over the other. Lol

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    If you're a solo guy, pick Hitman. I love All-Stars, but it isn't a game to play really by yourself. There isn't much of a single player component, so it's either play online or against bots. If you feel like you need a really solid replayable online game, then go with All-Stars.

Personally, it sounds like Hitman will suit your current desires.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Hitman it is, thanks guys!

rent the other?
    I really wish I could do that, but every single video store chain in Canada, or where I live is out of business due to Netflix and Piracy. Blockbuster Video is out of the question. There is Redbox at Walmart though. Unfortunately, it requires a credit card, which I do not have.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I think Hitman is a good choice. I would have chose that also. Well played.

Superior Member
    I think All-stars has a lot more replay value but Hitman is still a great choice.

Greatness Awaits

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    I played the All Stars beta demo when it was live for normal users and I honestly wasn't that impressed by it. I played with each character, Kratos being overpowered and all and I just deleted it. The real reason I would even buy this game is if Solid Snake or Big Boss was in it. They're a staple character of Sony and Sony somehow forgot to include either one, but instead give people Raiden...boooooo...there's always DLC I guess. Then I'll buy it.

Thread Information