Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    Thanks, that's a good point about the dangers of raw egg; that "tip" was to be able to drink more not for hangovers. My guess is that raw egg acts as coating on the stomach whereas a cooked egg would not work that way.

Anyway, I don't really have problems with hangovers, but I'd like to be able to drink more before getting drunk.
    The raw egg wouldn't be able to withstand the hydrochloric acid in your stomach long enough to provide any sort of coating. And the alcohol in your stomach is not the problem, it's when it enters the rest of the digestive system and bloodstream that's the issue. Coating your stomach wouldn't serve much purpose. Eating high protein food and spreading out your drinks is the only way you'd be able to improve drinking more. If you eat quite a bit you can slow the absorption for several hours or more. Also the faster you drink, the quicker your BAC is going to skyrocket, getting you drunk faster. Just eat a big meal first and pace yourself and you should be okay. The liver can only filter one drink per hour so if you overdo it you're kind of f^cked no matter what preventative measures you take.
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-28-2012 at 20:18.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The raw egg wouldn't be able to withstand the hydrochloric acid in your stomach long enough to provide any sort of coating. And the alcohol in your stomach is not the problem, it's when it enters the rest of the digestive system and bloodstream that's the issue. Coating your stomach wouldn't serve much purpose. Eating high protein food and spreading out your drinks is the only way you'd be able to improve drinking more. If you eat quite a bit you can slow the absorption for several hours or more. Also the faster you drink, the quicker your BAC is going to skyrocket, getting you drunk faster. Just eat a big meal first and pace yourself and you should be okay. The liver can only filter one drink per hour so if you overdo it you're kind of f^cked no matter what preventative measures you take.
    Thanks, I do pace myself, but my sister-in-law's husband is Russian so you can see how that can be a problem =)

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Drink plenty of of Full Fat Milk as it puts a lining on your Stomach.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information