Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 410
  1. #176
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,190 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by bahomet View Post
    What can't be achieved? The lightning(they clearly used raytracing or global ilumination) and explosions. Also the detail on the characters face upclose is way to big not to mention the animations. The ragdoll phisycs were also extremly good.Ahh, and yes, don't forget the view distance when the ship exits the clouds and you can see a VERY BIG city plus the details the characters and enviroments had it's just purly imposible to do. But this is just the opinion of a person that knows sh*t about game development. I only compare what i've seen in that trailer with any other game on any other platform. Nothing realtime even touches that killzone trailer.
    All the things you've mention are entirely possible. In fact the cell can do some of them on it's own even without the RSX. IBM have a landscaped demo using ray tracing as far as i know, which is supposedly streaming data realtime from satellite information. Have you not played GR:AW, that will show you that city landscapes from above are entirely possible. All the other effects are also possible. Resistance has very high quality rag doll physics, Warhawk uses volumetric clouds, there have been demo's of realtime cell calculated explosions not even using the rsx that resemble some of those used in the Killzone vid. The close up face details of FF13 looks just as good if not better, you can actually see skin pores on the characters face and that is in realtime. The animations are just down to the developers skill and effort.

  2. #177
    Dedicated Member
    Lazerblade22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    I think people get too excited about how the Killzone 2 trailer looks and think it's totally unachievable. Whether the devs reach that kind of quality for the game is obviously unknown, still they sound confident, but just take a look at a screenshot for a minute.

    *pic*

    What exactly can't be achieved there? The backgrounds can certainly be achieved and even surpassed in my opinion. The floor and building textures are not overly impressive. There's certainly not too much geometry there that couldn't be achieved on ps3, you don't always need polygons to give the impression of geometry, a lot of the more rounded surfaces can be faked with shaders. The biggest stand out thing in that picture is the characters face, some people think it is way too detailed to be rendered in realtime. My point is how many times more powerful is ps3 over ps2? 20 times? more? Look at this image from Killzone 1.

    *pic*

    Nice accurate hair, detailed face, personally i think a 20x increase on quality will surpass the killzone 2 face model twice over. Whether it animates as well isn't really a technical issue it's all down to the skill of the devs.
    You make an Excellent point. I've brought up many examples on saying how good the game will look but they've just been dismissed by everybody's "I'm still not convinced" attitude. I've shown how the animations can be replicated in my previous post, and how that level of immersion can be equalled if not surpassed, and it was ignored. Now people are saying just the character detail isnt possible. I want everyone here to look at this picture:

    This is the evil king from heavenly sword, his face is done in realtime. The developers will not be using any CG for HS:


    Now here is one of the soldiers from the killzone E3 trailer:


    And just for fun, here's cloud's face from the FF7 tech demo:


    Can anyone honestly say that the killzone models look better than BOTH of those? Heavenly sword isnt even going to have had the same amount of development time as killzone. Because it's a launch window title.

    And going back to solaris' point, I think that people should have a more open mind. Jaggies are not next gen, if you dont see jaggies, that's because Anti-aliasing has been applied. Its been done for years on PC games.

  3. #178
    Dedicated Member
    FiNaL-FaNtAsY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Good comparison to real time to CG. The animations in my mind are achievable.

  4. #179
    Ahead of the Game
    G_H_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,182
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    251 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    Hmm...interesting, my sources told me the complete opposite..oh well.

    Your sources are very flawed then, because even if it wouldn't have appealed to Japanese gamers, it would have spread like wild fire on the internet to American and European gamers who have a huge interest in it. So thats a very stupid excuse for not showing it at TGS....it also lets me further know that your "sources" go just about as far as your unoriginal excuses go. Which is, to say the least, not very far.
    So why wasn't gears shown by MSFT at TGS then?



  5. #180
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    i think eveyone should just shut up about if it going to look as good as the trailer or not untill we see some in-game stuff.

  6. #181
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,759
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    99 (0 Banked)
    I don't think we should shut up about it. Because I think it is interesting if Guerrilla is going to achieve those graphics/AI! And the more comparisons people make, the more confident I am. Interesting discussion if you ask me!

  7. #182
    Dedicated Member
    SecretSquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    270 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerblade22 View Post


    Now here is one of the soldiers from the killzone E3 trailer:


    And just for fun, here's cloud's face from the FF7 tech demo:

    Are you comparing three different pictures, taken from three different camers, from three different websites, at three different stages of the game?

  8. #183
    Knuckles126
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicFox View Post
    According to Wikipedia, RE5 will use the Unreal Engine 3............
    Oh god I hope not...

    I really hope they use the Lost Planet engine.

  9. #184
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,236
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    22 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    Oh god I hope not...

    I really hope they use the Lost Planet engine.
    Just go there are hit the edit button. It wont say its using it anymore. LOL89

  10. #185
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Do you guys know anything about polygon count like wtf...stop showing pictures of other games becuase that has NOTHING to do with what killzone ps3 characters look like. polygons can be used in different places that need detail and that dont, but look at the killzone models they HAVE a high polycount everywhere you cant see one block or anything. The only thing that can be made in this game is the level detail, physics, AI, animations and the view distance is impossible. OH YEA AND ANOTHER thing you guys have to remember filtering takes detail from places you cant see and supports detail in places you can, but look at killzone they could never, and yes this is a fact on my behalf NEVER make it look so clean and perfect.

  11. #186
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,992
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    1,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesie View Post
    I don't think we should shut up about it. Because I think it is interesting if Guerrilla is going to achieve those graphics/AI! And the more comparisons people make, the more confident I am. Interesting discussion if you ask me!
    i remember killercops list with all the flaws that he cound find in the E3 2005 trailer of Killzone PS3, turns out the E3 2005 Killzone PS3 trailer wasnt so perfect after all. No doubt it looked good but if you watch it closely you will notice some major flaws. For example, at some point you would see how an enemy vehicle was "deforming". Deforming is appereantly when objects in the distance that dont have much detail (mainly because you wont notice if they have it or not) gets a higher level of detail as they come closer or as you get closer to that object. Like in killzone PS2, the textures at the mountains was a little blurry when you were not so close to them but they would get very sharp when you get closer to them

    so this should raise our faith to Guerrilla


  12. #187
    Elite Member
    CivicFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    126 (0 Banked)
    I want an HD version of that Killzone trailer. I just love that prerender.

  13. #188
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,992
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    1,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicFox View Post
    I want an HD version of that Killzone trailer. I just love that prerender.
    noone knows yet if it was pre-rendered or not. While i doubt it was totally in-game it could be a trailer with in-game assets. That sped-up 5fps thing might be true aswell

    the HD-trailer can be found on kikizo i think


  14. #189
    Forum Guru
    spazchicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,558
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    Deforming is appereantly when objects in the distance that dont have much detail (mainly because you wont notice if they have it or not) gets a higher level of detail as they come closer or as you get closer to that object. Like in killzone PS2, the textures at the mountains was a little blurry when you were not so close to them but they would get very sharp when you get closer to them
    I think Spyro was the first PS1 game to use that technology
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.darkoctave.com/spazart.html
    I got my 60'' Sony SXRD XBR2 and loving it!
    Our 360 died 2/1/07...got it again....then died..got it again...then died...got it again...sold it for an Elite...it died...fixed it.(?)

  15. #190
    Super Elite
    msdstc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    249 (0 Banked)
    you guys are setting yourselves up... that doesn't look that good?! that looks better than crysis by a long shot, I dunno what you guys are looking at, but I see something not ready until 3rd or 4th gen.

    much thanks to thorzilla for the sig/avatar

  16. #191
    Power Member
    Stoffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,656
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    2,369 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by markcarter View Post
    i think eveyone should just shut up about if it going to look as good as the trailer or not untill we see some in-game stuff.
    If we were to shut up about it, why are we on a games discussion board?

  17. #192
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    131 (0 Banked)
    Graphics-wise, it is possible. But no way they can match AI to such fluent and organic animations.
    Vote for communism!

  18. #193
    Master Guru
    exYle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,455
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    140 (0 Banked)
    EDIT: The the above poster, I saw a Call of Duty 3 video where an enemy soldier was rushing up to the player. The player shot him in the leg, he crippled but then got up and ran again. Before the player could fire again, a fellow soldier ran up and meleed him in the back. So the AI is also achievable.

    Upon seeing the Halo 3 trailer again, I have to say the lighting is excellent and the textures certainly good. Honestly, they pwned the CG used in Killzone. Not to mention it was real-time.

    So the trailer was certainly achievable.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

  19. #194
    Dedicated Member
    Lazerblade22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
    Are you comparing three different pictures, taken from three different camers, from three different websites, at three different stages of the game?
    You're missing the point. Those two realtime sequences are being rendered on the ps3, and they are comparable to one of the models in killzone. So it is not fair to say that the character models cannot be replicated as shown in the killzone trailer, because there are games that already have that amount of detail and have been in less development time than Killzone.

    And I'm glad somebody noticed the videos I posted. If you can have character interaction like that in something like call of duty 2 which requires a 128mb video card and 512MB of ram, then I'm sure that you could run those kinds of animations on something with a lightning fast Video card, the fastest ram available, and one of the most powerful processors available.


    Do you guys know anything about polygon count like wtf...stop showing pictures of other games becuase that has NOTHING to do with what killzone ps3 characters look like. polygons can be used in different places that need detail and that dont, but look at the killzone models they HAVE a high polycount everywhere you cant see one block or anything. The only thing that can be made in this game is the level detail, physics, AI, animations and the view distance is impossible. OH YEA AND ANOTHER thing you guys have to remember filtering takes detail from places you cant see and supports detail in places you can, but look at killzone they could never, and yes this is a fact on my behalf NEVER make it look so clean and perfect.
    Yes, they do have something to do with killzone, because they look equally impressive and they're running realtime on the same hardware that killzone is supposed to.

    Not everyone of the characters in the sequence has a high amount of detail, just take a look at the picture solaris posted. The guys in the background have less detail than the one giving the orders, and all those models have much less detail than the character being rendered at the start of the sequence. The AI can be scripted, similar to games like call of duty, and the physics can all be handled by the cell. The smoke and volumetric clouds can all be handled by the cell. Because those exact explosions have already been proven to be possible in realtime through the cell and RSX. Also the smoke has a certain richness to it that may seem irrational, but is entirely possible. Best source I can cite is call of duty 2 and 3. Look at the smoke and explosions in those games, and neither of them were optimized to be running on ps3 hardware. There are characters who do indeed have LESS detail than other characters in the trailer, and the times when you see multiple characters are very short. Because they're either killed off immediately or blown to bits, with no carcasses available to save RAM. This has been done for years in PC games, except with a bit of lag because of the sheer amounts of units available.

    I suggest you do some more research on the hardware that the game will be running on, and the team creating the game before you say what's possible and what's not.

    And to all those saying killzone models look better than crysis, give me a BREAK. Nothing in that video comes anywhere near close to this:






  20. #195
    Super Elite
    UCONN for life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,445
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    508 (0 Banked)
    Items Atari
    I think that the actual game won't actually look as amazing, the textures, details etc, will be closer than most people think to the trailer. The reason it will never equal is because the ai wont behave that way, it looks to choreographed. real ai would kinda do its own thing, not be able to give orders and have a chain of command.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

  21. #196
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Dont post like that again! Dont void the word filter~soldier one

  22. #197
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    the animation shouldn't be that hard to recreate considering the more impressive segments(guy telling you "get over here now!") will more than likely be scripted events because other wise it would be impossible to code that kind of AI to just happen on its own.

    Call of Duty 2 had a scripted part where your captain was radioing in for help while you were fighting which is probably similar to the way you could do killzone types of animations.

    other than the animations its pretty much a done deal that Killzone will look if not exactly, extremely close to the E3 trailer.
    When you see Killzone PS3, you will never say Guerrilla can't make games ever again

  23. #198
    Super Elite
    SimmoUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,116
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    259 (0 Banked)
    Man i'm sick of all this wether it was in real time, half the games people said that these weren't realtime UT2007, F1, Warhawk, Resistance, Lair, Heavenly Sword... and they are. (Incredible character animation - Noting new since E3 but that game is going to own... think how far it's progressed) So I don't doubt that Killzone footage looks damn close if not as good as E3 footage.
    Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Polyphonic, Incognito, Studio London, Studio Liverpool, Evolution Studios, Guerilla Games, Digi-Guys, Factor 5, Sony R&D, Media Molecule there why I own a PS3... Thanks guys...

  24. #199
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Nothing on ps3,xbox 360 or PC looks nearly as good as killzone ps3. You guys dont really see or know how impressive it would be if any game looked like that, but you guys dont see that becuase you think like heavenly sword looks good..and that game dosent look good at all just like every other ps3 or xbox 360 game. PC will have games that look like killzoneps3 in about 2009-2010, and their wont be a ps4 or xbox whatever by that time as strong as a computer in 2009-2010. Ok its simple PC, xbox 360 and ps3 can not handle that type of detail. The ps3 isnt as good as a high performance PC today so how could that even be possible on a ps3 when it cant be done on a top notch pc? Guys just stop thinking it can be done because it really cant...

  25. #200
    Master Guru
    exYle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,455
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    140 (0 Banked)
    There are already two games that kick the crap out of Killzone: Halo and Crysis. And the PS3 is very capable of great graphics.
    Sorry, but the first sentence of your post just screams fanboy.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ugly Booth Babes?
    By Cedric in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 15:08
  2. KUF:COD - Preview
    By Knuckles126 in forum Xbox
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 23:20
  3. Ubisoft Leaks 2 GB of Unannounced Game Assets
    By NextGenHorn in forum PlayStation 3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 21:56
  4. PS3Forums- Ask A Question
    By roosters93 in forum Forum Rules, Help & Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 18:40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.