Master Poster

One Piece Anime / Manga Talk

For now we can keep this as anime and manga and if theres enough demand we can always make this anime only and have a manga thread.
    all manga discussion in spoiler tags please

I only started One Piece recently ( around August this year) and I'm glad I did. Before this the only other weekly anime/manga I watched was Naruto.

So for those that haven't watched it and enjoy Naruto I would highly recommend it since right now I can't pick which series I like more.

I've written up some info on the anime for those of you who know zero about it;

I got into the anime by randomly deciding to watch the latest episode( ep 556) which was so wacky and epic at the same time that I knew I had to start watching. I then watched random vids of the funny moments so far( put both vids below) XD Also I had alot of friends who watched and read it, that it was only a matter of time.

For me episode 24 was the "mojo" moment, that episode really hit the hype for me and I knew it was only gonna get better from there

The vids I watched before starting:

For those still deciding on whether to watch it or not and dont mind spoilers you can watch this music video which skims through it in 6 minutes ( contains all the big spoilers of the anime though). I did not watch this before starting so only watch it if you are ok with knowing all the big moments in the anime.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Can't believe this is the first one piece anime/manga thread, shows been running forever and is extremely popular

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Can't believe this is the first one piece anime/manga thread, shows been running forever and is extremely popular
    Agreed XD The manga alone sold around 29 mil in Japan compared to 6 mil for naruto too during this year. I can't believe it took me this long to get into it too XD

Edit: damn the anime is taking a week break too its back on the 5th.
    Last edited by darksora; 12-30-2012 at 12:38.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    It's ok, alot of people skip out on it because of what cartoon network did to it and the over 500 episodes intimidate people and it's just on fillers so it isn't that bad

Master Poster
    I did try an early episode to see what the english dub is like and lol'd at luffy's voice and ' Gom Gom pistol' XD
    I can imagine it being bad on cartoon network as a result especially since the series emphasizes speaking style and pattern that just won't come out right in a dub.

Fillers arent so bad, alot of them are fun to watch but most importantly they're quite short

Do you read the manga?
    I actually started reading the manga near the end of fishman island arc ( when I caught up) so punk hazard is my first arc in the manga and I love it. So much epicness

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    At one point I did, but I just decided to stop reading the Manga and just be surprised by the anime.

Master Poster
    Oh ok, good job I didnt hint to anything in my previous post.
    The anime does the manga justice in my opinion
    I just hope film z is released on DVD soon, really want to watch it asap

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Don't worry, even tho I don't read the manga anymore I'm aware of the newer arcs and I keep up with alot of the rumors too

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    First Episode of punk hazard just dropped, I'm excited

Master Poster
    Yeah it was great sad theres no new opening but its understandable why since this arc has loads of twists and characters, it'd end up spoiling loads.

Ussop, awesome as ever. One line they did cut out from the manga is Smoker explaining why they were waiting at the lightning island ( he took a guess that Luffy would pick the most dangerous island of the 3 from the log pose.)

Also film z is on youtube ( recorded at a cinema quality). Awesome movie, waiting on the last part to be uploaded.

Thread Information